Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sprint for the Finish Line; Andrew's Death; Private
Topic Started: Feb 18 2011, 06:25 PM (1,846 Views)
Tythanin
Member Avatar
Time to Spare
[ *  *  * ]
(Andrew Mitchell continued from Where Was My Mind?)

Andrew took in several deep lungfuls of air as he bent over on his knees, his pistol tucked into his pocket as he took a look around at his new surroundings. He was outside some tunnels or something...he definitely didn't feel like going inside them, though. He didn't know how much time had passed since he left Adrian at the mines, but he didn't think it was that long. The jog had done him some good, though. He felt refreshed...well, more refreshed in that if he had a good bed he could probably fall down on it and sleep for the rest of the game. It was almost appealing in a way.

Either way, he was here, he finally felt like sleeping, and Adrian probably was wondering where the fuck he was at the moment. Andrew grinned, shaking his head a bit. He was certain the other boy could handle himself. Besides, it was nice to be out here in the open and just let yourself go for a bit. He stretched, taking the pistol in his hand and pointing it at a tree, imagining himself as some hero from an action flick. 'Ahahah, like something like that would ever happen.'

"Enough goofing around...I suppose I should get back."
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tythanin
Member Avatar
Time to Spare
[ *  *  * ]
Holy shit. What the fuck was happening? Andrew's thoughts were in a whirl as he heard five gunshots ring in the air followed by excruciating pain through his stomach and chest. His legs gave out from under him and the pistol he had been holding fell out of his grip to land with a soft clatter at it hit the ground. He tried to gulp down air and tasted blood in his mouth. What the hell? He had just been standing there and someone shot him? And now he was going to die? He knew there was nothing else he could do...he didn't even have the luxury to scrabble for his first aid kit or anything like that.

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Make one mistake and suddenly you just get crossed out, just like that? He had just been holding his gun. It's not like he was going to fire it ever. He had been tempted, of course, but that was nothing. Shit, it really fucking hurt. He wondered who had been the one to shoot him. It was dark, way too dark for him to really make out features and it's not like he had heard the shooter speaking either.

He privately hoped that whoever killed him had done it in self-defense. That he could handle. That was a possibility he was willing to swallow. After all, it felt much better (to him, at least) knowing that you died because someone else had wanted to defend themselves and their friends. That there was a valid justification for it. That he had been registered as a threat. It was much harder to accept that he was going to die just because some asshole wanted to add another tick to the amount of bloodshed on the island. The possibility that was true made him sick to his stomach...although it could just be the blood leaking out of him instead.

'God, this sucks...' Andrew thought to himself. 'I wonder if anyone's going to go through the trouble of burying me...doubt it. Shit...Adrian, I hope you'll be fine. Dammit, I should never have left...'

'I've always wondered what it'd be like to die, but I really was hoping to be older when it happened...dammit. Dammit...I don't want to die...'

His fingers twitched and he could feel his life trickling out of his chest as he somehow, in an inhuman feat of strength, pushed himself to his feet. A hand went to his chest and he winced, pain flaring from the bullet holes that scarred his skin. He bent down, grabbing his gun as he took one step. Another step. He was dying, he knew it. But he had to know. He had to see his killer. Had to get revenge? Maybe. Possibly. He didn't know, he couldn't think too hard about it or else he was certain his head would burst. He staggered forward, looking and feeling like a zombie from one of those horror action flicks.

Another shot rang out in the night, lancing through his shoulder. He barely felt it. It was just another fleeting pain in his dying body. Another one hit him in the leg. He fell to a knee, panting heavily as he looked up and saw...what did he see? A girl...? It looked like a girl, he wasn't sure. But she was scared. And that's all he needed. It wasn't a killer. It wasn't someone just looking to add to his score. She had recognized him as a threat and done the smart thing...ahaha, that was okay. It was his fault...he shouldn't have raised his gun. He felt regret, but at least he hadn't really harmed anyone. He hadn't done anything on the island really...just helped bury a kid. That was good, right? He laughed a bit...felt blood bubbling around his lips.

He fell next to the girl...heard her shriek. As the last of his senses deserted him, he could feel her hands on his shoulder, shaking him. Apologizing...for what, trying to protect herself? He would have laughed again, but he couldn't even manage that. But it was fine. She didn't need to apologize...it was fine...

'Ahaha...if only things really could be that cool...' He thought to himself. He was tired...at least he was going to get the rest he wanted. 'Oh, if only...'

B117 - Andrew Mitchell - Dead
Edited by Tythanin, Feb 21 2011, 11:23 PM.
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply