Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Our Last Days As Children; Day 6 - Morning - OPEN
Topic Started: Feb 17 2011, 10:06 PM (2,064 Views)
Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
((Alan Rickhall continued from The Long Road Home.))

Alan had been walking all night, eating a small tear from a slice of bread every so often to keep his strength up. It was an unfortunate habit of Alan that whenever he worried, he forgot to eat. Too busy worrying to bother about his own health and well-being. The sun was coming up now. Holding Jimmy's naginata in one hand in case anyone attacked him he wandered aimlessly, Alan didn't care where, it had started to become second nature to him, to just wander and not have the foggiest idea where you were going. But now Alan was tired and couldn't walk any longer. He stopped dead and collapsed in a sitting position, but what he saw was actually quite beautiful.

He was on the top of a cliff, in front of him was the ocean. He had seen the ocean before, on the beach that he and Jimmy had wandered to on their travels on the island. The beach where Jimmy... Looking down at Jimmy's knife he noticed that the moon was reflecting off it, inviting Alan to hold it. In the split second that he touched the metal he could have sworn that he saw Jimmy's face in it, just like the last time. It was a reminder, a reminder of Jimmy's wish to Alan on his deathbed. An island where all the students could be free of the 'turned'. But Alan couldn't fulfil it. He was talking nonsense really. A silly little legacy he was making up to keep him going. But in reality, all Alan could do was barge in on his own kind looking like a knife-wielding maniac. He was lucky to still be alive. He hoped Dutchy was aright, he looked in an awful state when Alan saw him; but he was among friends, better friends then Alan. Dutchy was the strong one, Dutchy would have organised every student on the island against Mr. Danya if he was aware of the courage and charisma he had. Alan wished Dutchy was here to support him. If he was there with him and Jimmy, then Jimmy would probably be alive right now. Alan wasn't quite sure how Dutchy's presence would have have saved Jimmy from an evil 'turned' creature but it probably would have. Somehow.

But Alan couldn't do this. He didn't want to do this. Why should he? It was pointless. How could he do it alone? What possible reason-

"Once again, good morning, kids!"

"Good morning Mr. Danya." Alan said under his breath in a mocking sing-song tone. Alan listened as he rang off name after name of 'turned' and victims. But then, although Alan should have expected it, the toxic words infused inside him.

"Then James Robertson left us with some truly touching and tragic last words, after Reiko Ishida filled his stomach full of lead."

There it was, his best friend plastered on the wall of the dead. Tragic last words! Alan didn't even think that Danya had listened to those "tragic words". And it was too bad too, because they were the beginning of his downfall.

"Ms. Ishida's schedule seems to be slipping, as that was her only kill today."

So it was someone called Reiko Ishida who had killed his best friend. The name didn't even sound human. Well it certainly wasn't one that he recognised. He hadn't paid much attention to the announcements but Alan was sure that he recalled the name coming up a few times. It was just like Danya to care more for the killer then the victim. Except, obviously in reality Mr. Danya didn't care about the killer. To Mr. Danya, everyone was just another little plastic student for him to play with as they kill each other. In Danya's eye's they were all worthless and they could all be stepped on. At least, Alan was certain that this was the case.

Getting to his feet, he shouted to the nearest camera. "So this is it Danya! You think you've got us beaten! You think you can just watch us pull each other's eyes out and watch. Well I assure you that your days are numbered, and Alan Rickhall will not dance the dance of death for your amusement! Jimmy Robertson's death will be avenged!" He looked at Jimmy's knife, it looked almost like it was smiling at him. "Well I may not know how to bring you down! But I put this towards you: There are hundreds of us on this island, and whether they kill or not they are against you. If they're hiding in a decaying house somewhere waiting for death they are against YOU! If they're plotting the downfall of their enemies they are against YOU! If they're you're personally hand-crafted, brain-mashed, psycho student... Then they're against YOU!" Yelling into the nearest camera, the world around him vanishing around him.

"And the good men and women at home! You think that because you provide quality television across the world that everyone who watches your show doesn't want you dead? At the end of the day, everyone's watching four hundred teenagers kill each other, and you're to blame. Well you shan't get away with it by dear manipulator. There are wheels within wheels on this island, and fires within fires."

Alan didn't know what else to say, so he fell to the ground and began to cry.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Alan pulled himself away from the vast ocean before him when he heard a strange rustling coming from behind him. He picked up Jimmy's knife and tried to work out which way the noise was coming from, and if it was coming towards him. His hands were shaking; he looked about as intimidating and scary as a puppy that had just been pulled out of a river. The noise got closer and closer and a figure popped out, holding his hands in the air.

"Hey! You really believe that?"

Someone had heard him. Alan should have guessed that someone would, but it hadn't actually crossed his mind, but even so, he had to say something, but he was beyond saying anything sane at the moment. "Do I?" He started. "I don't know. I don't know what I believe any more. All I know is that my best friend has been killed and all that bloody Danya does is sit and laugh. But he doesn't care, you can kill every kid on this island and it probably won't amount to shit. Danya doesn't feel, or care, or anything. He may as well be programmed." Alan laughed at the thought of Danya really being some sort of artificial intelligence. "But there has to be some way. Some trick or plan or something that can end this." Alan slumpped back down in front of the cliff. "Something to bring Danya down with it..."
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"And I'm not going to have it any more. I'm tired. I'm done. So here's what we're going to do. We're going to try and find a way off this island. We avoid the fighting. There's probably not many like us left now. So ideas. Start thinking, not speaking. I've got some paper in my bag. We're going to come up with a list of people who we know, who know anything about latitudes and longitudes, stars, anything that could help us figure out where we are. Once we know that, we can start thinking about where to go from there. When we finish the list, we go and see if any of them are alive."

The other person had started his own speech, which was good, Jimmy had always told him that it was good for people to express their feelings, at least that's what he told Alan. But they were asking for people who knew about all geography. Alan didn't know very much about Geography, it was not his favourite subject; as for other people who might be able to help... Being a social reject the list was very small to begin with, narrowing down further and further. He vaguely remembered the name of one girl who was very interested in camping, apparently her father took her on a ton of camping trips or something, but Alan couldn't remember her name, he hadn't even talked to her properly before.

He continued thinking until only one name was left in his mind.

"Zoey?" He got out the photograph of him and Zoey, she did know a few things about Geography, she had gone stargazing a few times, she had always told Alan that she did and she seemed to know a lot about it. But what was he thinking? He remembered that Zoey hadn't gone on the camping trip because she didn't go to the same school as Alan, so she couldn't have been kidnapped. He lowered the photograph and looked at the people who had found him. "I mean... Sorry, I can't think of anyone... I don't really... Know many people." Alan slumped his head in shame.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
The boys didn't seem to mind too much that Alan wasn't any help to them as they laughed off the situation. But it seemed that at least one of the other boys had some sort of idea.

"Then we go and find someone who'll join up with us who does. You know, I haven't heard all of the announcements... But I can't recall hearing Jay's name. That boy was always the most popular of all of us. If anyone knows, it might be him. We look for Jay everywhere. We recruit anyone that we can in the process. And then we find a way off this fucking island."

Alan couldn't say that he knew anyone called Jay. He noticed that the group was walking away, so he quickly ran to the edge of the cliff and picked up Jimmy's knife before running to try and catch up with them, keeping the blade pointed away from them until they got to what appeared to be some sort of camp, or at least a place to sleep. Alan cautiously spoke up. "I'm happy to help you in any way I can." He looked at the knife in his hand. "Unfortunately I'm not very good with actually using this thing, I..." For a second he saw Jimmy's smiling face reflected in the glass. "It was a friends..." Alan knew that he was leading them into an awkward conversation, so he quickly changed the subject. "But if you don't mind me asking... Who exactly is this... Jay person?"
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"Jay Holland is...an interesting character, to say the least. He is also a close friend of ours. And Alexander is correct in stating that he knows quite a few people that us two would not likely speak to. Hopefully we can locate him, and hopefully he can help us, assuming he's..."

The boy paused, Alan leaned in slightly.

"...Disposed."

Alan couldn't help but swallow loudly on that last remark. "We have to try." Alan mumbled. "If there's a chance he can help us, then I want to be a part of it." He started to smile. The boy started to walk off, Alan followed. For a brief second the boy stopped and turned to Alan.

"I apologize...I never asked your name?"

"It's Alan. Alan Rickhall." Alan smiled as he said this, there was something about the polite sincerity in the boy's tone that sounded familiar.

((Alan Rickhall continued in Inevitability.))
Edited by Limisios, Apr 20 2011, 09:34 AM.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Northern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply