Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Our Last Days As Children; Day 6 - Morning - OPEN
Topic Started: Feb 17 2011, 10:06 PM (2,063 Views)
nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Alex listened to the announcement in a grim silence. He hadn't more than three words since they'd left his erstwhile ally's. Hayley had killed two more. His defensiveness of her was starting to sound more and more mistaken by the minute. She had still been ok on day 2. Still been the girl he cared for.

Alex was laying prone on a table, staring at the sky and waiting idly for class to start. It was the night after the mushroom tea. He thought of the kid who he'd bumped into. Jasper, wasn't it? Jasper-Something. Most of his memory of last night was rather shaky. He couldn't have been as strange as he seemed. That must have been the mushroom's talking.

Maybe I'll see him around.

He rose up off the table. It was time to at least wander classwards.

She passed him as he was shutting his locker. Little more had passed between them than a nod. She looked like the kind of person he would know and it was only a few weeks later that they began to bump into each other at the same parties.

They hadn't properly become friends until about six months later. She'd come over to his house looking to buy some smoke. They'd spent the following afternoon getting high and playing video games.

That night Alex had to admit to himself he had a crush on the girl.

Not once had he mentioned it to her.

He looked over at Jasper. "I'm..." he said. He looked down and sighed softly. "I'm beginning to think my judgement may be clouded... On the topic of Hayley Kelly." he said. The oddness of the sentence stuck out in his head. He was trying to be rational.

Inwardly he was a turmoil. The half of him that was processing what Danya's announcement had said couldn't deny the idea that Hayley might be playing. The part of him that loved her was completely in denial of the possibility. But it was an angry denial. The kind that was wrathful when proven wrong. A thought suddenly passed through his head.

"If I'm wrong about you... I'm going to kill you."

He was revolted by the idea. Every part of him shied away from it. But he knew it was true.

"What-" he started to say, looking at Jasper. Suddenly a sound came from near their camp. Someone ranting in discontent at Danya. Alex listened for a few seconds and smiled. "I knew there had to be someone!"

He took to his feet and ran. He was smiling for the first time in days. He crested the nearby hill that had obscured the voice from view. There he was. Alex didn't recognise him, didn't care, running towards the guy, holding his remaining arm aloft showing he was unarmed. Finally he came to a stop. "Hey! You really believe that?" he said, gesturing at the camera.

"Fuck, I thought I was the only one." he smiled.
V4 Character

Alexander Campbell - "We can do this, if we can just keep it together"
David Matson - "Our father, who art in heaven..."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Alexander couldn't help but smile, though he knew the boy didn't know what to make of him. He supposed that he wouldn't know either. He was hit with a sudden mental image of himself. After six days on the island he supposed he looked skinnier. Looking down, he was suddenly struck by how much weight he had lost. He had been light with his food, allowing himself only a few snatches of it when hunger became too much to bare, a snack during a walk, or in a hastily caught moment of rest.

He considered also how dirty he must by now have gotten. He hadn't washed once in six days, after all he'd been through. He reached up to run his hand through his hair and found he couldn't. It had become a tangle mess over the last few days. Greasy too by the feel of it.

He suddenly realised that he'd done his reaching with his left hand without having to force himself to think about it. He looked down at his arm, or rather, the space where his arm had once been.

Alex looked up at the guy and at Jasper and suddenly found himself telling them about his time on the island. It seemed an almost surreal experience. He'd avoided most of the fighting. That was the part that surprised him. On tv, it seemed to be a rapidly edited thing. The island seemed like a warzone. But that wasn't what this was. This was fear and paranoia and wearyness and hunger and boredom.

"And I'm not going to have it any more. I'm tired. I'm done. So here's what we're going to do. We're going to try and find a way off this island. We avoid the fighting. There's probably not many like us left now. So ideas. Start thinking, not speaking. I've got some paper in my bag. We're going to come up with a list of people who we know, who know anything about latitudes and longitudes, stars, anything that could help us figure out where we are. Once we know that, we can start thinking about where to go from there. When we finish the list, we go and see if any of them are alive."

He stopped. There had barely been time for a breath.

The scruffy kid with the greasy tangled hair and the missing arm looked from Jasper to the boy.

"In?"
V4 Character

nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Alexander took the next blow well, as his two associates admitted to not knowing anyone useful to their cause. He shook his head and chuckled. "Then we go and find someone who'll join up with us who does." He smiled over at Jasper. "You know, I haven't heard all of the announcements... But I can't recall hearing Jay's name." he said. "That boy was always the most popular of all of us. If anyone knows, it might be him."

He pulled out his map and consulted the Danger Zones, before indicating a path that would slowly take them across each location on the island one by one. "We look for Jay everywhere. We recruit anyone that we can in the process. And then we find a way off this fucking island." he said.

He walked back to where he and Jasper had made camp the night before. As he picked up his bag, he felt a strange sensation of finality. Like someone walking over his grave. Suddenly he was sure that his charmed time on the island would come to an end on this trip. He looked down at the bag, frowning, before lifting it up to slide it over his shoulder. He looked around on him, reflecting on the relative peace of the island and the sensation of being in the eye of the storm.

So be it. If this is where I die, I'm at least going to die trying.
V4 Character

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Northern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply