Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anthem for Doomed Youth; day six, open
Topic Started: Feb 9 2011, 08:31 PM (4,682 Views)
Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Thea Kairos continued from Revenge is Best Served Cold))

Thea walked along fuming about the events of the recent days. She’d lost her boyfriend and her best friend within the last day. And then some nobody had decided that he could presume to tell her what she was thinking. The worst of it was that Charlie had suddenly decided that his opinion was worth more than Thea’s. What the hell was wrong with her? She wanted to talk to James, he was always willing to listen. But she couldn’t do that either, thanks to that bitch Hayley Kelly. And apparently she was still at it. She hadn’t meant for Jason to get killed, just for him to rectify his mistake. Well, his death was just one more reason why Hayley had to go. She honestly didn’t care if Alex was in love with her. She was a menace.

She paused and looked around seeing the entrance to tunnels not far off. It was as good a place as any to start her search. As she ducked in the tunnels she began to hear someone’s voice. It was barely a whisper, she continued down the tunnel following the source. As she walked she shifted her bag, reaching her hand in and curling her fingers around the gun, which she’d kept silent about until now. She wasn’t going to use it, unless it was Hayley, but hearing the girl’s reputation she wanted to be ready. She also dug out the flashlight, but didn’t flip it on immediately. She spotted the girl and then smiled recognizing her. Acacia stood a few feet from her; Acacia who had also been among the names of the killers in this morning’s announcements, something about killing someone in their sleep. She’d have to get the story behind that one, but maybe she’d found a true ally here. Something she’d lost in Charlene, maybe Acacia would see why Hayley had to go.

“Hey,” she said softly, not wanting to startle the girl. She pulled her hand free from her bag. “Glad to see you’re okay.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
“Mostly telling off classmates who think they matter,” Thea answered matter of factly. “I don’t know if you heard about James, but mostly I’ve been trying to deal with that. And then Alex…what’s his last name decided to tell me how I should be mourning for him. As if! Like suddenly we’re on this island and it makes them think I should care about them. Honestly. Not only that, then Charlie decided that because he took a bullet for her and didn’t even try to treat the wound that she’d take his side over mine. Even after he’d decided that I was out to kill Hayley Kelly. Which actually isn’t a bad idea when you think about it, can’t say the bitch doesn’t deserve it.”

Thea paused. “Wow, didn’t really think I had that much to say, I’ll shut up now and you can tell me what’s been happening with you. You look like you need to talk,” she said draping her arm across Acacia’s shoulder.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thea nodded thanks at Acacia’s consolation, but didn’t want to dwell on it. That’s all she’d been doing for the better part of a day. Not that she wanted to forget James, it’s just dwelling on his death had gotten her accused of wanting to kill Hayley, and while that was in her plans, she needed to play things a little closer to the vest. Especially if there were more lovesick morons running around the island pining for Hayley.

She frowned at Acacia’s explanation; it sounded to her as if Acacia had done what she thought was necessary. Her and Roman had seemed pretty friendly earlier. She knew that name sounded familiar, she’d meet him briefly before she’d had to ditch those followers. Thea wasn’t sure if she’d be able to convince her into helping her get revenge on Hayley. As far as Thea knew there wasn’t anything wrong with Hayley. That is if you didn’t count the fact that she was a raging psycho.

Acacia’s exclamation broke through Thea’s thoughts and she looked down to see that the girl was holding up a candy sandwich. “Are you sure you should be having so much? I don’t know exactly how your insulin works but won’t adding sugar end up hurting you? How much do you have left anyway? Insulin, I mean.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
“As long as you’re sure,” Thea said. She didn’t know much about it so, she trusted Acacia to be aware of her own health.

Thea lowered her voice and glanced around the tunnels to back sure they were alone. “I’ll be honest with you; my plan right now is to hunt down Hayley Kelly. She took my James from me and then killed Jason. All he was doing was looking for Evie. I’m not sure what I’ll do when I find her. I guess…” she trailed off when she heard something metallic clatter across the floor. She sucked in a breath and waited for a moment, trying to decide whether to investigate or keep quiet.

She’d decided to go and investigate and swung the light around back towards the entrance of the tunnels when a voice called out.

"Yo," a masculine voice called out. "It's Joe Rios. I'm unarmed."

Thea rolled her eyes. Just what she needed another nobody telling her how she was supposed to be acting, and what she was supposed to be feeling. “Think if we ignore him, he’ll go away,” she asked Acacia.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Or we could have a bit of fun tormenting him?" she suggested, raising her eyebrows and cocking her head to one side.

Thea gave Acacia a wide smile. “I like the way you think.”

"What've you got, anyway? I figure if he gets irritating we should wave scary guns and things at him until he fucks off back to whatever hole he crawled out of," she said.

“I can definitely help you out there,” Thea said turning towards the opening of the tunnel.

"Oh for fuck's sake," he muttered under his breath. "Actually, nevermind, I think I'll be leaving you girls alone," he said, more loudly, trying desperately to hide his current feelings.

Thea frowned at the sudden loss of diversion. “Well, that didn’t go at all the way I wanted it too. What a loser, he can’t even hang around long enough to distract us,” Thea let out a huge sigh and kicked the dirt at her feet, sending rocks skittering after the boy.

“Well, now what,” she asked and then answered her own question by reaching for her bag and starting to dig through it. “Guess I should eat some of these horrible carbs too. What I wouldn’t give for some proteins or some veggies.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Well, hey Acacia. You wouldn't believe the day I've had." Charlene pointed her flashlight so that it was centered on Acacia's body.

Thea stiffened as she heard Charlie’s voice. She was torn now, while she was happy that her best friend was still alive. She hadn’t forgiven Charlie for not siding with her, especially after she found out Alex’s reason for not wanting Hayley harmed. That somehow because he loved Hayley in secret somehow made her more valuable than James.

"That's right. Hayley fucking Kelly. Nothing much happened, though. She threw a knife into my arm, and I shot back. So, yeah, I'm just peachy. How are you doing?"

Thea snorted at Charlene’s statement and crossed her arms over her chest. “Did you kill her,” Thea asked. It wasn’t the most tactful, but she figured it was better than I told you so.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Don't know. I just shot and run. If she's dead, no skin of my chest. If not, I'm probably not going to miss again." Charlie paused, momentarily looking down. "Oh, but, let me guess, you told me ..."

Thea rolled her eyes at Charlie’s description of things. Seriously, you point a weapon at a target you aim to hit it. Of course when her grandfather had drilled that into her head he was talking about archery targets and not people. Had Charlene always been this much of a drama queen. Why is everything about you?

Thea turned towards Ricky as he staggered into the tunnel. At first she was glad to see him, but then the rambling started. Thea stiffened as he mentioned James.

"Ricky, are you high, or have you just completely lost your mind,” Charlene asked, beating Thea to the punch.

Thea stepped over Charlie, deliberately invading Ricky’s space. “Get out of here,” she said her voice low.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((ditto for me))

Thea glanced at Acacia and noticed that she had her weapon drawn. Not that she didn't appreciate the effort and the threat. It was nice to know that she was finally on the same page with somebody. However, she wasn't sure how good a shot Acacia was. And it was possible with her standing so close to Ricky she'd be hit. With a sigh, she took a step back, her hand dropping into her bag, to support Acacia's statement.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I agree with Charlie," Thea said then turned her attention back to Ricky. "For the time being. Why don't you just continue on your way. Just because I'm not firing now, doesn't mean I won't change my mind. Especially if you try to disrespect James' memory or more importantly us."

Thea pulled her weapon clear of her bag for the first time. "I'm giving you fair warning, I'm a pretty good shot. Clear out."
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping post order because I probably won’t have access to a computer tomorrow until after the deadline.))

Thea shook her head at Ricky’s behavior, how did he not get the message. Well, Thea had definitely had enough. I had no idea what Ricky was thinking, but she was thinking that it was time to get out of here. She debated for a moment whether she should just shot him to get him out of the way, then had a much better idea. Shoving the gun back into her bag, she offered him her most flirtatious smile.

“You know what Ricky, you’re right,” she said playing into his delusion. “What was I thinking? Of course I want to see James.”

She moved past him trying her best not to make contact. Once she was clear of him, she turned back to face the other girls. “C’mon ladies aren’t you in a hurry to see them,” she said and nodded towards the entrance of the tunnels. She hoped the other girls would pick up on her idea.

“Thanks for the message Ricky, but you understand how it would look if we showed up with a boy in our midst. We’ll take it from here,” she said then spun on her heel and exited the tunnels.

((Thea Kairos continued in The Use of Common Sense is Authorized))
Edited by Arscapi, Apr 16 2011, 02:20 AM.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply