Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Don't Fear The Reaper; day five, noon, open
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 06:47 PM (1,776 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Bobby Barron cont'd from The Magi))

Bobby had been able to catch up with Neill in short order, and had gotten out of dodge as swiftly as the tow of them were able. Of course, that meant that Ray wasn't there. They'd abandoned him. Or he'd sacrificed himself to make sure that the others could escape. Bobby was worried that he'd left his friend to die for him, knowing that Ray was ultimately more likely to survive to the end than he was.

With nothing better to do, they had travelled south, eventually reaching the very edge of the island. Neill spoke up, suggesting what to do next. Bobby took the opportunity to stop, sit, breathe, work his knee. Generally taking the time to relax, recover from the stress and exertion of the past days. He hadn't had a good nights rest since they'd been ejected from the infirmary.

"To be honest, I think we could stay here for a while. It looks reasonably easy to defend, and it's nice. Pleasant. Besides, what else can we do? Wander round the coast until we find the way off this place? Try and build a raft and sail to freedom? I think we could both do with some time to recover from everything. Here's as good a place as any."
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Bobby was just beginning to relax, when his world exploded again. He heard the voice before he knew she was there, but it was unmistakeable. It was Rachel.

What was he supposed to do? She had been his best friend, his prom date, his confidante throughout much of high school. Now, she hated him on account of his sexuality, and had even killed in front of him. He had tried to reach out to her, and she had pretty much spat in his face. Combine that with her obviously stressed out state and mental problems, and he wasn't sure how to react.

She seemed calm just now, but why? Maybe she hadn't realised it was him. Or maybe in her problems, she had forgotten their previous meeting. Or maybe it was all a trap, and she had decided to kill him for his sins. Bobby felt his heart thumping, and the urge to run was strong.

He turned round to look at her as she offered them guidance. She had seen better days, and was not in a fit state to be a serious threat to them. Unless she was armed with a gun.

Neill was calm about the whole situation. In many ways, that made it worse. He knew the history of Rachel and Bobby, must know what he was going through. And Neill wanted her to hang around?!

He gulped, took a breath, and got himself under control. In the end, no matter what had happened recently, Rachel was his best friend. He couldn't abandon anybody else. Not now. With Ray still missing, and so many others dead, he knew that he had to stand by Rachel. But he wasn't going to be stupid about it. He stood, slowly, and kept his face stern.

"Rachel. What do you want here?"
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
She was willing to forgive him? He had to give her credit, at least, for trying to mend fences. And even though it was clearly difficult for her, she was willing to make the effort to be nice to him. Oh well, baby steps. After all, he'd hate for one of them to be killed before they'd had the chance to mend fences.

Neill seemed to be encouraging him as well. This was probably a good sign, given that he knew the history, and had been present the last time he saw her. To get a real second chance like this was all he'd hoped for.

"OK Rachel. I still feel for you too." He was genuine is his words, and moved towards her, slowly. "Now, let's have a look at your leg. I know a little something about how to deal with knee injuries." He smiled at her, glad to have her back at his side once more.
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Bobby kept smiling as he knelt down beside Rachel. Slowly baring her knee, he moved gently, both to make sure he minimised her pain and to ensure that she didn't think he would try anything. Well, that last wasn't likely, but given their history, he didn't want to risk upsetting her if he could avoid it.

Having probed the area, gently, he announced "I'm not entirely certain what's wrong here, but I'm going to try taping it up. That should give you some stability but let you keep it mobile. It's not perfect, but hopefully it'll help."

Neill was trying to pump her for information. That was good. Anything they could learn could be useful. After all, they'd been here for days, and another few seemed likely. He was convinced that once a week was over, the government would have tracked them down somehow, and he'd be back home.

He retrieved his own supply of surgical tape from his rucksack, used to help his own knee if he needed it. Still half a roll left. Good. He began unwinding it, and wrapping it around Rachel's leg. He wanted to ask her about Erik, if she'd seen or heard anything, but realised that that conversation would likely lead to more problems. Instead, he waited until he'd finished his first aid attempt and asked. "How does that feel now?"
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
With Rachel patched up the best he could, Bobby paused to breathe. She was walking, still unsteadily, but it would be easier for her, he hoped. And she was right. The three of them were targets here. She had proven that much by her own approach. If she had been intent on killing them, instead of converting them, then who knows what would have happened. Bobby didn't like to think that Rachel could have killed him, but he remembered the sickening crack when her stick had connected with Edward.

Neill agreed, it seemed. And he was still concerned about Ray. Bobby prayed inwardly that he didn't hear his friends name when the announcement was made tomorrow morning. Ray knew enough to keep his head down and out of trouble, a tactic which had served them well so far. Hopefully, by sticking with this plan, it would keep them alive until they met up again.

And there was still Erik to consider. He still wanted the chance to let him know the truth before it was too late, a scenario that was becoming increasingly unlikely. At any rate, he hoisted his backpack upon his shoulders once more, and decided that as he had done so far, he would play his cards how they landed, and try to avoid getting lost in the abyss.

((Robert Barron cont'd in Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly))

((And thread closed))
Edited by Killer_Moth, Mar 8 2011, 06:28 PM.
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply