Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Don't Fear The Reaper; day five, noon, open
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 06:47 PM (1,780 Views)
Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Rachel Gettys continued from False Hope)

As Rachel had been traveling onward, she had been examining her newly acquired uzi for its relevant parts, namely the safety. While she had no ammunition for it, once she received some, she would need to know how to use the gun. She was a marked woman after all, and if she failed to convert anyone, the Lord might simply decline to take her up with him. How many days was she on now? Had her time already passed? In all the excitement of the last few days, she'd completely lost track of what day it was. Had she even been drinking enough water? Such disorganization was simply not appropriate for the leader that she was.

If there was any good news to this whole business, it was that her leg was starting to hurt less, or perhaps it had merely gone numb. She still had to hobble on a cane to avoid having pain shoot up in the leg, but now...how to describe it? It was as if the pain took just a little bit longer to set in. Perhaps in time, she'd be able to make a full recovery, but that would take longer than the amount of time she had left on the island. Not that it would matter how pained she was when she came to Heaven.

Walking along the cliffs, Rachel came across two gentlemen. She knew their names, but did not know exactly where she had seen them before. Of course, if she knew who they were, they probably knew who she was, and then they'd bring up the two killings, and then the accusations would start, and then there would be cries of 'murderer'...

Oh well, nothing ventured and all that.

"You two look a little lost," she said, taking care not to accidentally slip on the rocks as she approached them. Her uzi was stowed for now, so she was stumbling over to them whilst unarmed. "Perhaps I may be able to give you some guidance."
V7 Kids
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Apologies for forgetting who the characters were. Let's just roll with it, I suppose)

Oh yes, Bobby. Now she remembered. What with all the other things that had taken place on the island, Rachel had nearly forgotten the man who had betrayed her and gone back on his own faith. And what was worse, the man clearly still believed that he was right in what he had done, otherwise he would have come crawling back to her, begging for forgiveness. Not that it mattered anymore, she supposed. He had already said his piece, and she, for one, did not want a repeat of their prior conversation. She wanted to hurt him for what he'd done. naturally, but her list of allies could have fit on one finger, counting herself, so she had no recourse for being snooty about her choices.

"Hello Robert," she said in a forced casual fashion, feeling somewhat sick just talking to the man. Giving a short pause, she leaned on her cane and said, "I just want to say that...that..." This was difficult to say. "...I forgive you. I forgive you for what you've done. You hurt me badly that day, yes, but that's past. We have other concerns now, and if we do not work together..." She paused a bit before saying the next part, as her stomach was aching quite fiercely. "I still feel for you, you know, even with what's happened."

Rachel was disgusted with herself, being forced to pander so much to the enemy. Still, there was a degree of sincerity in her words. At the very least, she was speaking the truth about how much Bobby had affected her. Here she was now, unable to support herself, and forced to come begging to the man who she had threatened to kill just a few days before. This was the ultimate humiliation, and she hated every moment of it. But if this was the only way to get ahead in this twisted game, then she would have to swallow her bile.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was easier than Rachel had expected it to be. To think that prostrating oneself towards one's peers would be such an effective tactic. Perhaps she had been going about this game all wrong. Perhaps all that had been needed for these days and days had been a little humility. Or, at the very least, a good facsimile thereof. Rachel would have to remember that for when she ran into somebody else, though it was questionable how well it would work on somebody who wasn't her one and only in the past.

Future planning aside, Robert wanted to look at her leg now, and she couldn't say that she minded the favor. She'd been feeling stinging pain for the last few days that made it difficult to think, let alone operate, and anything that would alleviate that pain would be greatly appreciated. And so, sitting down against the fence, she said to him, "Thank you. That would be wonderful." She wasn't sure whether she was seeming too suspiciously friendly, or even whether or not the two of them would care. Bobby and his friend were temporary allies at best, and the instant she got the means to do so, she'd be off on her own again.

"This is so pathetic," she mumbled to herself, as she prepared to put her trust in a man who had betrayed it once before. This would take some getting used to.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seeing as she was stuck on the ground until Robert finished whatever he was trying to do, Rachel saw no issue with answer Neill's question. Since that incident...since she had had to fulfill the Lord's will, she hadn't been doing anything that any person would consider to be wrong, so, with her conscience freed, she set about describing the people who she had met and talked to. She'd recognized quite a few of them, and she was astounding with names, so in short time, she'd supplied them with a good list of people who she knew were not playing the game at the time she had met them.

"And I have to say, people have been nothing but rude. What have I done to deserve such contempt, really?" Robert tightened the wrap that he was tying around her knee, and she paused to gasp in pain. He asked her how her knee felt, and she tried flexing it. It still hurt, quite certainly, but the surgical tape provided a degree of stiffness that made it feel..."Decent. Thank you, Robert." She tried to stand on it, and she immediately stumbled before catching herself with her cane. Obviously, taping up the knee wasn't going to be a magical cure-all, but it was a step in the right direction.

"I'm sorry," she said after her balance was secure again. "But aside from names, I haven't learned much. People haven't been willing to share."

Unwilling to dwell too long on why that might be, Rachel looked around and said, "We're quite obvious here. We should probably get moving." Not that she was willing to go first. Allies or not, she wasn't quite comfortable putting her back to these two, and she got the feeling that Neill still felt that she was unreliable. This would prove to be an interesting alliance.
V7 Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply