Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Later, Buddy; Private Thread
Topic Started: Feb 4 2011, 06:17 PM (5,496 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aston Bennett continues from Amazing Journey/Sparks))

The first gunshot, couldn't have been that long ago. It was really fucking loud, if it came from this far away. Aston was just making her way through a thin sliver of trees, petering out into a clearing of some sorts, when she realised how woozy she was feeling. Fuck, blood loss, blah de blah de blah, ignore it, go past the pain.

As the trees died away, she saw the now occupied carousel, and what did you know, her two newfound allies were there. Oh, and someone else as well, perfect. Some girl, Aston could tell from a distance, and some big hulking motherfucker with...holy crap was that a rifle? It was, he was holding a rifle, and he was...who was that on the ground? Was that...Joshua? And was someone running off? Who? Marty? Course, didn't surprise her at all, Marty running, but what the hell was happening with Joshua on the ground?

Oh great, he was in trouble now, wasn't he? Just like before, Aston needed to get everything sorted out again. The Bersa in her hands was now itching to be put to some use, she could probably scare them off. Remember, no killing, not now, not ever. Imagine what Kyle would think, she'd never hear the end of it.

Aston walked forward closer to the scene unfolding, and was just about to make her presence known to the three.

Okay, cut away the chit-chat, just get them away before someone gets hurt, god knows that's supposed to be Marty's jo-

BANG.

A brilliant splash of red dotted the carousel.

Motion...come on...

...Joshua, why aren't you moving...

Joshua...

Josh...

...what?

The...what...this...what just...

Aston didn't realise, but as she stood to the side and watched it all unfold, and conclude just as fast, her hands were shaking. Her arms...they were also shaking pretty rapidly as well, like she was just stopping herself from breaking down. But...that was...

...Joshua?

Her eyes were getting sore. Was she crying? No, not that, she just hadn't blinked in a while. But why wasn't she doing that? Was it like she was staring shocked at the scene...

...what scene was it? Joshua?

Joshua, why aren't you moving?

...no.

NO.

NO!

NO, NO, NO NO NO NO NO!

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, JOSHUA KRAKOWSKI, WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU MOVING?

Aston could hear back to reality now, her breathes were becoming ragged and raspy, like there was a pain in her throat that she couldn't clear just by coughing or medicine. This couldn't have been right. She wasn't angry, she wasn't happy, she was...crying.

Sure enough, this was so fucking foreign to her now. Aston's free hand dabbed the side of her cheek, and there was tears.

He killed him.

And now, she was back.

He killed him.

The pain she was feeling wasn't just seeping out of her arm, it was fuelling her every movement.

HE KILLED HIM. HE KILLED HIM, HE FUCKING KILLED HIM.

Anger. Pain. But this wasn't just the ordinary pain, this was grief.

HE KILLED HIM. NO!

Aston's hands moved from their stationary position to a position she hadn't kept for days. Firing.

The pain in her throat clawed its way to her vocal chords, and Aston screamed. Screamed louder than she'd ever screamed anything before. And with that scream came a run, or at least she tried to move forward, to get closer, to NOT. MISS. TO GET HIS KILLER.

YOU-

BANG

-KILLED-

BANG

-HIM-

BANG

-I'LL-

BANG

-KILL-

BANG

-YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!

BANG BANG

She wasn't
aiming
to miss.
Edited by Brackie, Feb 15 2011, 08:12 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((SORRY, SORRY, I was waiting on Kami to enter before I posted, but since I'm near inactivity...))

They scarpered, go scarper, scarper away from your crimes. You did it, don't try to deny it, don't try to act scared of all things. You're killers. You're murderers. You're going to die by her hand, and you will not deny your fate. Just lie there, act scared, be scared, don't try to run.

Kill them. Kill them.

You get closer, you hide, you take out a magazine and reload. Bullet by bullet. Click, it's done, you're back in business, get back to business. You don't even try hiding, you know where they are, just take them down. You step out, you go forward, and you keep on firing. Bang. Bang. Bang bang bang. Half gone already, this is so much fun. Ignore the fun, this isn't fun, go kill them.

You get closer, half your bullets are gone this time, 5 to go. You feel one, not yours, go whizzing by your head. It doesn't hurt, it misses, but you can feel everything rushing back to you, why are you crying little girl-IGNORE IT. FOCUS. KILL THEM.

Have they run? They could probably run now if they wanted. Let them run, why don't you kill them? They deserve it, you get closer, they can even hear your cries, your tears, what tears, you're not crying, no way, just kill them, why kill them? Because you don't want them to live, they killed the only person you ever had a crush on-NO THAT'S NOT WHY THEY KILLED SO THEY DESERVE TO DIE NO ONE WILL BLAME YOU JUST KILL THEM, TEAR THEM APART.

But your eyes fall upon his body. It's so close, yet, you can feel it right there, staring, what staring, what are you talking about, he's dead you don't stare if you're dead, shut up, but he's dead. Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

She blinked. She couldn't see, and now she fully knew why now.

A small sob escaped her lips. It wasn't anything, barely audible. She was still stable, if only for that brief moment of clarity. Then, the larger ones came up like frogs in her throat, clawing out and cawing across the fair.

Before she knew it she was on her knees. They flew out her mouth like she was becoming sick. Wet sobs filled the air, as the one person in the world who she actually somewhat cared for lay dead beneath her.

She didn't care about his two killers now. They could be in Timbucktoo for all she cared.

Aston just wanted to stop crying.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He's gone...

Aston didn't know what to do. She was never taught how to cope with something this heavy. He was dead. This was...horrible.

In all her life, she'd never really grieved. Her great-grandparents died before she really got to know them, so she was just...sad, when they passed on. She'd never know anything outside the stories her parents told her about them. There was even her cousin, some 40-year-old from "New Joisey" in New York, had a heart attack at the butchers. Her parents, even her brothers, were in grievance, but she wasn't. She never knew him, she had no reason to be sad. But...now...

Joshua Krakowski. He was the same age as her, same situation. He had a friend. He had people who cared about him. She cared about him, Aston never knew how much until now. He was the first person she...no...

She was so numb. Her skin picked up all the tiniest little movements. A breeze felt like pins and needles. The water dripping down her cheeks were like knives ripping open her skin. And she kept on letting these knives rip down her face, because Aston didn't want this to be true.

She heard that goth girl
Chase
arriving. The crunchiness of the grass echoed louder until it stopped. Vocals, movements, she could hear goth girl
Chase
speaking, just saying...something. It didn't make any sense to her, and Aston just couldn't care. This was her moment, she just wanted to...grieve. She didn't know how to do that, but she just wanted to.

Aston never moved, not for a long time. Her eyes just kept swelling up, staring at the body, trying to not do anything except cry, and cry and cry, for a boy she couldn't save.

Time passed.

*Screeeech*

She didn't know how long she'd been there, but it was a hell of a long time, apparently. It couldn't have been more than a few hours though, but she couldn't stop...

What she didn't show the world was what she was planning to do.

Aston wasn't a girly kind of girl. She wasn't used to having to let her feelings out, especially among her brothers. Fuck, her brothers, they gave her the worst of it every time she cried - "You wanna be like us, you toughen up like us, huh?" - whenever she wanted to punch them, she knew and they knew it was working just fine.

But not now. No brothers around to keep her in check. No one except herself to just tell her to be tough, tough it out, tough it all out.

She'd had enough.

No more of the charade.

Aston waited, and listened until the announcement was over. Their current locale was free.

She got up off her knees, where she'd been sitting for almost forever. Her legs felt weak, made of string cheese or something. After a stumble, she stood up straight, and sat down right where Joshua's blood coated the carousel.

I...don't know what to do. What the fuck do I do? My only...the only friend I have here is gone. He's gone, dead.

...so this is the reality of it.

If I don't kill, I'll die to.

And I'm not killing to win.

I don't want to win this game if it means I have to be reduced to the level of a maniac.

...If I can't kill to win...I can kill for Josh.

For him.

I'll find Quincy. I'll find that blonde bitch with him.

I'll kill them both.

It won't bring him back, but I can at least make sure they don't win.

...heh. I'm just gonna spoil the game for them.

Fuck them.

I'll make for sure that I avenge Josh.

Aston looked at the gun clasped in her hand, even after all this time. It felt sticky, but...it felt like it belonged there. The imprint was still left in her skin, a drawn sketch canvas across her palm. She didn't even bat an eye, and slipped it right back into the palm of her hand. It was half-empty now. She wasted half the bullets in her blind rage, and now...she had to be careful.

Aston slung the bag she dropped beside Joshua's body over her shoulder, and started walking.

Only a few steps away, she looked back.

It was goth girl,
Chase
still here.

"I'm going to find them...Chase. If you want to come with me, say so now. What I'm gonna do is not pretty, but it's the only thing I have left. I'll make sure they don't win. I'm going to kill them, and then...however it goes, it goes."

Aston turned back to the trail sprawling before her, and bit her lip. Flicker of pain.

It was so good to know she could feel again.

((Aston Bennett continues in Feral Intelligence))
Edited by Brackie, Mar 11 2011, 06:50 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply