Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Later, Buddy; Private Thread
Topic Started: Feb 4 2011, 06:17 PM (5,351 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Anna Chase continued from Amazing Journey/Sparks. Sorry it took so long!))

Oh... no...

Her search for Aston had lead her to one place she hadn't wished to return again.

The fairground.

That fairground.

She was here again. That fairground, that wretched fairground. The ferris wheel still towered over her. The stalls were still poised. The games were still up without people attending to them.

And even after everything she had been through, the memories of that first day still bubbled up. She could remember someone talking to her. Was it Lexie? No, Lexie wasn't on the trip. She had been lucky. But the rest was a blur in more ways than one. She could vaguely remember what happened though. Nancy had attacked her and stolen her things. And those two... those two... they just stood there. She didn't remember who they were, but they just stood there and argued. She had been blind and terrified and she remembered how Nancy had pulled and tugged at her hair and the roar of machinery and the organs and-

Chase absentmindedly massaged the back of her head. The pain had long since dulled, and her mind didn't want to remember. But the vague memory of what had happened remained. She didn't want to remember. But there it was. For a few minutes, Chase looked like a deer in headlights.

It had felt like she had just ran out of the fairground just minutes ago after seeing Robert's remains. Obviously she hadn't, but it still felt that way. So here she was. Trembling and shaking right at the entrance of the fairground.

She didn't want to be here.

She didn't want to be at the fairground.

No no no no no no no no no no no.

She took a deep breath.

Okay, check to see if Aston was in there, and scurry on out once she'd checked everything. Quickly now. She didn't want to linger here. Chase grabbed the remaining bag and crossbow from off the ground where it had been rested and held tightly as she hesitantly stepped further into the fairground.

She could defend herself this time, right? She was armed. People like Nancy weren't as able to get her, were they? She could fight them off. She didn't want to die, after all. Did she? Not that much, at least. But she had to be careful. Keep a tight grip on that crossbow and bag. Keep an eye out for psychos like Rasputin and Nancy. She just had to be particularly careful here. If she found Aston, great, drag her out and bring her back to the shack as soon as possible. If not, she'd look elsewhere.

Besides, she had to continue looking for Aston. Her arm was hurt, and not only that, but she had the gun again. Why did Chase let her have it again? If she knew any better, she wouldn't have given it back to her! God knew what Aston was going to do with it if something happened!

Chase took another deep breath. And another.

God damn, why did she have to be here? Hopefully she won't be here for long, and was just passing through. Hopefully.

And suddenly, gunshots. Chase practically jumped at the sound.

Nancy? Rasputin? No, they'd be long gone by now. Screaming? Oh hell yes. Someone was getting shot. Oh no, obviously that wasn't good. Of course it wasn't fucking good! Some psycho was nearby doing god knew what! God fucking damn. This whole thing... this wretched place...

The gunshots continued as she froze in place once more, eyes wide open. After a while, they stopped completely.

She shouldn't look to see what happened. She shouldn't stay.

And yet, curiosity got her. It got her good.

Heart pounding in her chest, she approached the direction of the sound, only to find.... Aston. Yes, she had found her! But why was she crying? Why was she so upset? What just happened?

"Aston...?"

Chase approached the girl, only to see a sight up in front of her. At first she couldn't recognize what was wrong with the carousel. If she was in a better state of mind, she would have recognized it straight away. But she had to look at it for a few seconds. There was a splash of red on it, like... oh god. She saw it now. It wasn't him, it was... it was an it. No, he had to still be alive, right? Maybe he was simply injured or that was someone else's blood and he was just exhausted.

"Oh god... Aston... what... what happened?" Chase murmured quietly, staring at the scene.

Did Aston do that to him? She couldn't have. Sure the group had been chaotic, but she wouldn't have actually done that. But she had been upset at him and Marty earlier. She might have. It wouldn't be improbable, right?

And so Chase continued staring at what was left of Joshua Krakowski, her crossbow pistol shaking in her right hand.

Maybe there was a chance he was still alive. Maybe that's why she was upset. She didn't know how to save him, right? No, there was too much blood. And it was all coming from the head.

So he was... gone then, right? No... not him...
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Time passed.

She didn't know how much time passed. Just a fair amount. But she was sure that it had been a while. Was it a few hours? Sure felt like it. It seemed as if the two girls mulled over Joshua Krakowski's death for the longest time.

And then, Aston spoke.

She was leaving...?

But, she couldn't leave! Chase had been all over the place for god knows how long looking for her! Eiko and Marty and god knew who else was probably waiting for them to come back! She couldn't run off again! She couldn't! She couldn't!

... She was WHAT?

She was... she was going to find his killers, track them down... and... and...

No. She wasn't. Aston wasn't going to do something so stupid. She wouldn't. That would be silly, tracking down some potential homicidal maniacs and doing god knows what. She didn't need to go for revenge! That was silly! Silly as... she didn't know... slicing into someone with a chainsaw and making their organs fall onto the ground...

"ASTON! Wait! Don't do something so stupid!" Chase cried out.

She attempted to follow her, but soon enough within minutes...

Chase was lost in the Fun Fair again.

Seriously, Aston had disappeared again. It wasn't good. She was about to do something stupid, and she might get hurt over it. That wasn't good. It wasn't good. Oh fuck, no. She could die and have something happen to her like getting shot or stabbed or beaten to death or something and oh god. She really was doing it and before she knew it she had lost sight of her again.

And Chase didn't want to stay in this hellhole. The fact that there was a carnival with games and clowns and god knows what was bad enough. But she still thought back to the first day, that horrible first day. She didn't want to relive it. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want to get robbed again.

She might as well focus on getting the hell out first-

... Who was that, over by the ticket booth?

Chase squinted, in an attempt to get a better look. Oh great, a sword. Someone who was armed, that was just what she needed right now. God damn it, what about the Fun Fair attracted so many lunatics? Yet another reason why she didn't want to be here. It was a magnet for the crazy. And Josh had already been killed by it. Fucking crazy magnets. How do they work, anyways? She probably didn't want to know the answer to that question.

And what's worse?

It was Nick Reid, a.k.a. a known killer. Goody. She knew Nick from before, sort of. And now he was here, doing god knows what. She found herself trembling once again. Nick Reid, and he didn't look so good either. Then again, how many people looked good by this point? But, the point remained. He was probably yet another psycho. And that wasn't good at all.

And then Chase did the only thing she could think of. It was illogical, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

She lifted the crossbow, and with trembling hands, pointed it at Nick.

"HELLO?!"

There. He knew that she knew that she was there now. It wasn't the brightest idea, but she didn't care. At least no sneak attacks were going to occur. No one was going to sneak up on her again here. Hopefully he'd leave her alone and go on his way. And then she'd find Aston.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well then.

Seemed like he didn't want trouble either. Who did? Well, lots of people here, actually. He seemed to not want to deal with this, though. But, he expressed it by calling her little friend a "peashooter" and saying she had no chance in a fight because he could apparently run faster than she could load.

But, in any case, he wasn't looking to cause trouble, which was a good sign. At least, it looked like a good sign. If she just went the way he suggested, things would be okay, right? He didn't even seem to see her as something to be bothered with, but that was better than being something to practice using a sword on, right? Or a gun. Or 'something else. Either way, she was safe for the time being hopefully. Good, she wanted to get out of this clown-centric hellhole full of nutcases and serial killers, not end up with her guts used as silly putty or something. That was just her personal preference, but hey. It wasn't like something bad happened each time she came here.

Chase forced a smile on her face.

"Good. No trouble, th-then."

Well, might as well do what he said, then. Just head out, go look for Aston and Marty, and then... go look for Brendan, right? Go find those three. She had no idea what to do afterwards, but... she just had to look for them. Simple thing, really.

"I'll... I'll just leave, then."

Chase attempted to step towards the exit, and although she lowered it a little bit, she still left it in clear sight in her hands, just to "remind" Nick.. Even though he said he wasn't out for trouble, he could be lying or change his mind. In any case, she had to be careful until she left the fairgrounds. Maybe she could find Eiko at the old shack or something. Or maybe she'd run into Brendan...

But for now, she was leaving. Hopefully, she'd avoid the whole skull-cup scenario again. Her head didn't belong as a skull-cup. It belonged on her neck, like all heads. It didn't need to be severed and used for beverages, especially brain juice and blood. But, she was leaving. Hopefully nothing would happen.

And as if fate hated Anna Chase... something did happen.

Out of nowhere, someone appeared, and blitzed towards Nick, screaming as if in anger.

Marty...?

Before Chase could really react, she could see Nick thrust his sword towards him, and within the next second Marty... oh god...

He killed him.

There was no doubt about it. Nick killed Marty. Even from here, she could see his scarlet blood leaking from under his black and white shirt. He was dead. He... killed him. He just ran out and then Nick killed him. Why he did, she didn't know, but he did. But...

The smile forced onto Chase's face faded.

She... she was scared... and sad... and...

Chase lifted the crossbow towards Nick again.

"Don't... don't move!" she screamed.

Murderer. That's what he was. A killer. Just another one. Just another killer in the death fair on the death island. And he had hurt Marty. No, he had stabbed and killed him. And he was probably going to get her next. He was looking for trouble after all.

And she could only barely prevent herself from crying.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And thus the two teens stared each other down.

If she were in a better state of mind, she'd crack a joke about two cowboys staring each other down like in old Westerns, where a tumbleweed would roll by and then one would draw a gun and shoot the other person in the face.

But this wasn't a Western movie. Oh no. This was Survival of the Fittest, where the killers were sent onto the death island and like to hang around in carnivals where killers like to hang out. And she was now dealing with Nick Reid. Who had killed Marty. And what's more, she was pointing a crossbow at him, and he was just...

Standing there.

In the fear, sadness and anger that had clouded Chase's mind, there was also confusion. He should react in some way. Try to kill her too. That's what killers did, right? They were supposed to kill. And he had a perfect opportunity to just run up and jab her with that thing. Just like... what happened with Marty.

No, Marty had ran towards him, and then got stabbed.

It seemed like eternity. Her shaking hands holding the crossbow. Him staring. Her staring back. Marty on the ground.

And finally, someone spoke. He essentially asked what she was waiting for.

Was she going to shoot?

Was she?

She was just saving her own life, right? And she was scared and angry and....

"M-m-maybe", Chase snapped. "Why... why shouldn't I fire? You killed him and-and-and he- I- I was looking for him and he's- you've..."

This time, she could only barely speak. Her stutter had gotten to the point where she could almost barely string together a sentence. Her hands continued to shake as she pointed the crossbow, and she was distantly aware that tears were streaming down her face. But she couldn't be crying, right? Chase didn't want to be crying. That was the last thing she could be doing right now.

She could have saved Marty and Joshua if... she had been... more... courageous? Was that the word?

And now she was staring at one of their murderers, asking if she was waiting for something.

But the question she had to ask herself sometime soon was "Was she?".
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She could just shoot him.

She could get him, get revenge.

So why couldn't she do it?

She never really wanted to kill. She knew that. But she was so scared and sad and angry and god knows what else. Was she really going to shoot after all?

But she wasn't a natural killer. Was she? She always saw herself as an innocent, someone who would never hurt someone else. She wasn't Maxwell Lombardi or Madelaine Smith or R.J. Lowe or Rachel Gettys or Nick Reid or Quincy Jones or Alex Rasputin. She was Anna Chase, right? But what then defined Anna Chase? She was here, pointing a crossbow at Marty's murderer.

Anna.

Anna.

He was saying her name.

She was going to hell, he said. She was going to be damned if she ever pulled that trigger. Was she? No, she was already in hell. That sounded like something "Pandora" would say, but there you go. Did it even look like she was having a fun time? Did it look like she was safe? Did she look like someone who wasn't suffering?

Of course not.

She was already in hell. Did he seriously think that she hadn't suffered already?! That was what the definition of hell was. Suffering. Anna Chase was suffering.

It all sounded melodramatic, but there it was. The truth. She wasn't happy. Far from it.

"N..." she had attempted to speak. "Ni..."

Say something, girl.

But she couldn't. Nothing could come out.

Her hands were still shaking. She could get him, right on the spot. If she stayed steady... if she got rid of that thing known as a conscience... then Nick would... well, he wouldn't be standing anymore. She would have avenged Marty and defended herself, right? She would live for another day. She wasn't sure if she was ever going to go home, but she'd live for another day. That was what was important.

But she couldn't. She couldn't fire. She was unable to. Her finger kept faintly touching the trigger, but she couldn't pull. She couldn't do it.

And suddenly Chase lowered the crossbow.

She... wouldn't.

And without any warning signs, she found herself making a choked sob. There was nothing she could do to prevent herself from crying. All of her emotions were flooding out like a leak in a dam, right at that moment. No, crying wasn't going to help. Nick might find an opportunity to get her. He was using her emotions against her. Damn it. She didn't want to get emotional.

But here she was, sobbing like a child in some fairground on some deserted island and holding a crossbow. She was... pathetic. But she had to live, right? That's one of the main things she wanted. She wasn't sure what reasons she felt she had to live, but the desire was there. But... but... oh hell, what "buts" were there?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The sobs kept coming.

She couldn't stop. She wanted to stop, but she couldn't. She wasn't sure if they'd ever stop.

She... she... she... she wanted to go home. For all this to end. For her not to suffer anymore. For no more people to die. She could keep wishing, but in the end, she knew that wasn't the case.

For Anna Chase, everything had gone to shit.

The crossbow slipped from her fingers, landing to the ground with a gentle thud.

She was distantly aware of Nick by this point, acting as if he wanted to approach her, but he seemed to hesitate and remained where he was. Well, he was a fucking killer, wasn't he? Why was he stalling? He had a perfect shot at her, but she was still standing. But she didn't want to die. She just wanted to know... he had no reason to hesitate and attack her, didn't he?

He mentioned something about owing her one, and....

He left.

Chase stared at him as he disappeared, the tears still pouring down her face.

What was there to do?

She was stuck here. This place continued to give her the creeps. She might get robbed again. Or something else might happen.

Slumping to the ground, she let out another burst of sobs, burying her face in her gloved hands.

This... this wasn't what she wanted. But what did she want? Well, for starters, no death. Absolutely no fucking death. In the past, Anna Chase wouldn't have said that, and would have jokingly made a comment about "more death". But not anymore.

No more death. No more death. No more fucking DEATH.

She hated Nick, and R.J., and Madeline Smith, and Quincy, and god knew who else. She hated everyone. Some part of her wished that they'd all go away. For all this shit to go away. She hated them, hated them!

For several more minutes Chase continued to melt down, her sobs loudly continuing.

Once they stopped, Chase stared at the ground, with her crossbow and bag nearby and what was left of Marty still on the ground, beginning to become cold.

She still didn't know what to do.

Her reddened eyes began to focus on Marty's corpse.

Suddenly, she began to wonder. Why did he run out like that? Nick wasn't threatening him directly. Heck, he was talking to her, not him. And it wasn't as if he would fight for her, right? She wasn't the kind of person people fought for. She had learned that a long time ago, with Kitty and What's-His-Face. It would be silly to think that he would die for her!

The best thing for him, though, was to not leave him out in the open. Give him a proper burial or cremation or something. But what could she do about it? There were no ways to dig a hole around, and although she kind of sort of knew how to make a fire, she had no clue how to make one big enough for cremation.

She... might as well at least look. That might as well be the thing to do right now.

Chase stood up, and grabbing her crossbow and her bag, began to investigate. As she approached the carousel, she couldn't help but notice that Joshua's body was gone. She would have given him something decent as well, but-

Was that a shovel?

She quickly scampered towards it.

Yup, a shovel. And not only that, but a grave-sized hole. There appeared to be a filled-up hole, as well. Another grave? Must be. She hadn't noticed it before, that was for certain. Both of them couldn't had been dug while all that was happening, could it?

Then she remembered. Marty! A hole had already been dug! Of course! Maybe it was reserved for someone else, but it could do nicely for him!

She placed her bag and crossbow on the carousel, and just as she turned to go get Marty, she hesitated. Blurred images of Gracie attacking her filled her mind, of being grabbed by the hair, of being dragged away while someone who could help couldn't... she stood there for almost a few minute, reliving the memory.

It wasn't that far to carry him over, was it? Maybe if she just placed the bag and crossbow... right inside one of the carriage/bench parts and under the seat? That could... actually work, or at least not make her freak out and much.

So she promptly did so, and went off to grab Marty.

As she approached, she actually got a proper look at him. His eyes had glazed over, staring off into nothing. What was his last thoughts, she couldn't help but wonder again. What provoked him?

Chase sighed. Might as well take him to his grave, then.

She grabbed him by his legs, and tried her best to drag him over. It took some difficulty considering the differences in size, but in the end, she had managed it. Chase slid his body into the hole, but suddenly she got an idea. He had that knife!

Running back over to where the fight had taken place, she didn't find it. Dang. It sounded silly, but she had wanted to bury it with him... and so she went back.

Now came the hard part; burying him.

Chase took a deep breath, and grabbed the shovel.

Any last words for him?

She couldn't think of any. But after a while, only one came up.

"... See you soon."

And with that, Marty disappeared under the dirt.

Once she was finished, she placed herself on the carousel, holding her knees to her chest and her head bowed.

She had been all cried out, but she still felt upset. Add in the exhaustion from the walking and from filling the hole, and needless to say she didn't feel so good. Chase knew it was inevitable, that she'd see death again. But it still hurt. Dawne, Jon, Rekka, Ben, Michelle, Joshua, Marty. They weren't coming back. She knew for a fact. Still didn't mean it didn't hurt, though.

She might as well head out, then.

Grabbing her things from under the seat, she turned to leave, only to notice the shovel. Hey, one of those could actually be useful in the long run, now that she thought of it. But, she then remembered how her back had hurt from just the crossbow, the crowbar, and the gun. A shovel would be worse, would it? She had to make a choice, then; leave behind the crossbow, leave behind the crowbar, or leave behind the shovel. A crossbow had the advantage of being long-range. A crowbar had the advantage of being a bludgeon. A shovel had an advantage of also being a bludgeon, as well as things like what she had just been doing...

She had made her choice.

Placing the bag back on the ground, she slid out the crowbar, and tried to figure out what to do with it. Maybe stash it around here, so if she needed a weapon she could come back and find it? But what if someone found it? What if someone used it badly?

She wouldn't let that happen.

Chase had placed it in under the carriage parts of the carousel again, the exact same place as before. She hoped no one would notice it. If she needed a new weapon, though, she could always come back, right?

She grabbed the shovel, placed the crossbow in her bag as well as she could, and started to leave. However, she came to a horrifying realization once she was at the entrance.

Marty had Joshua and that crush of his die. She had seen how earlier he had tried to kill himself by busting a camera, only to be stopped. This was before Joshua had been killed. After he had died, she had found a full grave and an empty grave, with Joshua no where in sight. This after he ran directly in front of Nick. There was a possibility that the filled grave had Joshua in it and the empty grave was for...

Marty had wanted to die back there.

She didn't want to dwell on it.

And there was no telling that if she knew the whole picture, she'd react any better.

She just had to go.

((Anna Chase continued in Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This))
((End of thread))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply