Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Later, Buddy; Private Thread
Topic Started: Feb 4 2011, 06:17 PM (5,356 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Quincy Jones cont'd from Facile Princeps))

It had been ages since he'd left the bitch with the gun behind, and Quincy had managed to snatch a few hours sleep while Tiff stood watch, and then returning the favour. Even watching his companion as she slept had done little to calm him. He was still annoyed over being such a victim, and of not finding any hint of Felicia. That the last announcement still held no word of her was little comfort. At least he knew that she wasn't dead.

They had headed towards the funfair pretty much because it was a landmark. There was a chance that other kids would be there, some of whom may be able to help, or to provide information. Of course, that meant they'd also have to be well defended, or they'd be easy targets. Quince still didn't know which he'd prefer as he made his way towards the structures. Either way, there were probably people there.

And there were. Apart from the bodies, there were 2 figures, and were they… Quince squinted to see from a distance, but they were sitting on the damn carousel. Just sitting there. He turned to Tiffany. "Right, I'm not getting caught out this time. We go in hard, we ask the questions, we don't take any shit. I'm not having anybody point a gun at me again. OK?"

He pulled the rifle out and held it ready as he slowly walked towards the pair. As he approached, he recognised them as Marty and Josh. Good, a couple of guys he could care less about. Marty had been recently announced as a killer, so that made him going in heavy something he could better justify to himself.

He kept low, trying to keep out of their sight even as he kept them in his. Painfully aware that the place offered cover to any number of other people nearby, he trusted that Tiff would cover his back, keep an eye out for any other danger. Finally, he neared the targets, readied his gun and made himself known.

"OK you two. Hands where I can see them. We want weapons, supplies and information. You gonna make this easy? Or do I have to waste ammo on you both."
Edited by Killer_Moth, Feb 6 2011, 05:42 AM.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Quince shouted at Josh. "Sit the fuck back down!" He was already pissed off, and now the guy was going to try to reason with him? Not this time. He had seen enough 'reasoning' since he'd arrived to know that it wouldn't end well for him. "Tiffany, they say they're not carrying anything. Frisk 'em, and get their bags. I'll keep 'em covered."

In a way, he was almost enjoying this. It was like being on TV. Of course, he was on TV, but it hadn't properly felt like it. Now, this was fun, being the bad guy, having the power. It was like when he'd killed Max. He felt that same rush of exhilaration, the same sense of being a total badass. And this time he had the gun to back it up. Of course, if they were as unarmed as they said they were, he wouldn't even need to fire it. He wondered how it would feel to beat them to death with it, or to squeeze their necks till they choked. Still, he had other business first.

"Start talking." He could picture himself in an old gangster programme, and wondered what Mister Costelli would think of him if he were watching. "I want to know who else you've met, what they're carrying, and any other surprises you may have found. I'm particularly interested in if you've seen 'Licia. You say the right words, and you get to walk out of here. If not…" He gestured with the rifle. "You get to say hello to my little friend." He smirked as he said it, wondering if anybody would dare call him on the quote.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
These boys were less than useless. Either they knew nothing, or were pretending to know nothing. Either way, Quince felt his finger starting to itch on the trigger. Tiff was listening to him now, letting him take the lead on this one. That was good. If they presented a untied front, and the others wouldn't be able to drive a wedge between them. Not that that would be a good tactic right now anyway.

Of course, Tiffany then found what he'd half suspected. Some kind of stick with a metal fork on the end. They were armed. That meant trouble. Josh was babbling, trying to claim that he hadn't remembered it was there. Likely. If you were armed, it's not the sort of thing you forgot. He knew he still carried his etch-a-sketch. Plus the rifle he was pointing at Josh.

Most of the intel he was spilling was useless. Meaning either he'd been really lucky, or was lying. About the only useful thing he'd mentioned was that Gettys was wounded. More annoying was that he claimed not to have seen 'Licia since before he'd arrived on the island. That was irritating. Also, the lack of real info was worrying.

"Come on now, you expect me to believe that? And so soon after we caught you lying about your weapon. There's hundreds of this on the island. And you've only met two people between the pair of you. You been hiding all this time?" He turned his head to Marty. "You've gotta know more than that. But it looks like you need some encouragement."

He lowered the rifle so that it was pointing at Josh's right knee. Kneecapping was always what the bad guys did in all the good movies. Seemed appropriate. There was no sense in pretending that he was the good guy here. As the man said, good, bad, he was the guy with the gun. He pulled the trigger, bracing himself for the recoil.
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
He didn't smile as he saw the knee explode. If he smiled, it would just be creepy. He didn't feel bad about it, certainly, but it was because he'd done what he had to do. He'd made his point. And now Joshua was lying on the floor, screaming in agony. Pussy.

Marty didn't react as he'd expected. The guy was supposed to be shitting his pants, not starting a self indulgent rant. At least the distraction gave Quince time to put the rifle through the necessary bolt actions it took to get another cartridge ready for firing. Definitely not the best weapon for using when close up like this. He should try and get his hands on an automatic pistol if he got the chance. There were bound to be a few on the island. On the other hand, the ammo was almost certainly depleted on them by now.

Half listening to Marty was saying, he noted that the names of the dead mentioned corresponded to what he'd heard on the announcements. Good. Marty was angry. He wasn't thinking. He wasn't lying. That meant he could let go some useful info, assuming that he had any. Quince wasn't certain whether or not the boys had kept anything back, but was willing to gamble on them being stupid or noble enough.

"You think Felicia is gonna want you back after you've slaughtered half the island looking for her? Well, do you!?!"

That stung. Marty had no right to be talking like that. He didn’t know what had been going on. He hadn't seen Quince at gunpoint, helpless. He didn't know that it was necessary to be like this, or else somebody else would. That was how the game worked. If you weren't playing, you were a victim. And Quince wasn't going to be a victim again.

Besides, he didn’t know 'Licia. He didn't understand the relationship. And what he was saying was just stupid. He had to be made to understand that. Quince swung the charged rifle back round towards him.

And then he felt the impact. It was a feeling he was used to. He was a boxer, he was used to being punched. But he wasn't prepared, and Joshua wasn't wearing gloves. His head swung round from the force of the blow, but he kept hold of the rifle. He quickly recovered, and was trying to shake the slight disorientation. The guy knew how to land a punch. Would have made a good sparring partner in other circumstances. Oh well. He was dead anyway.

He briefly registered Tiffany running towards them, swinging the club. Fuck. She meant well, but he couldn’t fire the rifle again for fear of hurting her. No longer paying attention to Marty, he swung the butt of the rifle round and towards Joshua's head. No sense in hurting his hands if he didn't have to.
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Hoo boy. Joshua went down and he went down hard. Quince hadn't seen whether or not it had been his blow or Tiffany's that had taken him down, but he was happy that the pair were really working together. Josh was on the ground, he wasn't going to be going anywhere. There was only one real thing left to do.

He swung the rifle round so that it was pointed at Josh's head. He couldn't tell if the boy was properly conscious anymore, but either way, there was no point in prolonging things. Besides, if he just left him here, somebody could come along and bogart the kill. He pulled the trigger, and felt the recoil as Josh departed this world.

He turned his face as the splashback sprayed his pants. Not the best look, but people would know what he'd done anyway after the announcement. Besides, he was already a known killer. There were only two people right now whose opinion mattered to him. At least, people on the island. And Tiffany seemed to be okay with what he'd done. That just left Felicia.

What Josh had said had been right. He didn't know what he was going to see when he saw her again. If he saw her again. The way things were going, he was beginning to doubt it. And Tiffany was right there, accepting who he was, and what he had done. He looked at her in a new light.

As he was about to ask what their next move was, the bullets started flying. His immediate instinct was to turn and see who it was, where the danger was. A swift glance showed a girl, indeterminate at this distance, an one who was armed. Great, psycho chick shooting at him. Had Josh had a girlfriend?

Tiffany hit the deck, which was not good. Meant he couldn't just bug out from here. Flight wasn't an option, then. That meant fight. He looked around for cover, as the bullets started whizzing closer to him.

There, 10 yards away, corner of a building. He sprinted to get there, sliding the last few yards. It gave him time to re-cock the rifle. He'd been lucky, and now he was in the best place to continue it. He pointed the rifle round the corner, trying to peek to aim without getting his head blown off. Letting off another bullet, he shouted to Tiffany "Get over here!"
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany was safe. That was the main thing right now. But between the gun nut, and now this new figure appearing, things were getting too hat to stick around. He could possibly have managed with the element of surprise, as he had with Joshua, but they knew he was there.

"Okay, Tiff. We've done all we can here. I figure we take advantage of this break and get out of here. I'm not risking you in attacking this pair. Sooner or later, they're meat anyway. We need to pick our targets, pick our chances, if we're going to get out of this. Now come on."

It was too easy. This acknowledgement that now he was playing the game. It changed his priorities. Before, where he had avoided trouble, and concentrated on finding Felicia, now that was a secondary consideration. Now, he had to stay low. He was a known killer, double threat. At least Tiffany was in the clear, announcement wise, he hoped. He hadn't noticed any 'assists' being mentioned. He could use that. It meant she was still an asset.

Keeping crouched down, he made his way away from where gun chick and Anna Chase were. Better they didn't see which way they went. Meant there was less chance of being followed.

((Quincy Jones cont'd in Endings & Beginnings))
Edited by Killer_Moth, Mar 11 2011, 04:14 PM.
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply