Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Birdland; Day 5, Late Evening/Early Morning [TOPIC CLOSED]
Topic Started: Jan 21 2011, 01:02 AM (3,362 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Saul Fetteralf under new management and continued from "Can You Hear Me Now?"))

'This really sucks.'

Saul was alone once again. In the confusion and panic at the cellphone tower, Saul had somehow got separated from Sapphire, and no matter how much he looked or backtracked as close he could to the tower, he couldn't find hide nor hair of the girl. She was gone. 'Great, that's the third person I've lost now...' Saul lamented. First was Cyrille, who went and got herself killed. Second was Garry.

Saul didn't know what to think anymore. Garry had killed someone. His friend. His best friend. And now according to Danya he was a cold-blooded murderer who left someone to die in a slow and painful manner.

'Garry... what happened? Why did you kill that guy? Was it self defense? Was it...was it?' All those questions buzzing around in his mind only spurred his desire to meet up with Garry once more, if only to clear things up. He didn't want to believe what the bastard had said over the announcements. He knew Garry, probably more than every single living student on the island, bar Garry himself. Yes, the guy loved werewolves, wolves and that kind of horror stuff, but he wasn't evil or anything. He was quite a decent guy once he got to know him, quirky interests aside. 'Did I know him well enough though?'

And then...

BANG

"YAHH!" Saul instinctively screamed out and dived to the ground, placing his hands over his head and squeezing his eyes shut. The magic 8-ball inside his jacket pocket pressed painfully into his gut, but Saul ignored the uncomfortable feeling. That had been a gunshot, an honest to goodness gunshot and it was LOUD. Ergo, it had to be close. VERY close. 'Holyshitholyshitsomeonehasagunandtheycouldbefiringitatmeeeeee!'

Saul cowered for a few moments before daring to lift his head up from the dirt. 'Is it safe...?' Saul wondered, looking around in the darkness and then deciding to lay low for the time being.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Saul kept close to the ground, debating on what to do next. The sound of the gunshot still rang in his ears, filling his mind with the annoying high-pitched noise. 'What do I do? Do I make a run for it, or remain here out of sight?' He decided on the latter option; jumping up to run away from the scene was only going to expose him to the unknown gunman. Maybe only for a couple seconds, but in this kind of environment, a couple seconds could be all it took to score a kill.

And now someone was crying out loudly. 'Oh God, did someone get shot then?' Saul feared, feeling a shiver work its way along the length of his spine. There was a delay between the gunshot and the shouting, but Saul couldn't explain what caused that. He didn't want to think about anything pertaining to the gunshot anyway.

He quietly grunted in discomfort, realising just how uncomfortable the fake pool ball felt in his jacket, digging into his abdomen as he lay on his front. He reached in his pocket to retrieve the toy, yanking the black sphere out with a hard tug. During the earlier panic though, Saul had perspired a lot more and as a result his palms and fingertips were slightly damp with sweat. Enough for him to fumble with the magic 8-ball and drop it. Under normal circumstances, Saul would've been able to pick it back up straight away and stuff it away in his pocket or bag.

Saul, however, was perched at the top of a slight slope. And he could only watch in horror as the ball immediately started to roll away from him, gathering momentum as it went. "Shit, shit!" Saul hissed, desperately clawing at the ball but only swiping at thin air, the toy eluding his grasp. It picked up speed and rolled towards a source of light at the bottom of the slope, which was currently illuminating two people positioned between it and the mascot. One of the two looked to be kneeling down, the other was lying down on the short grass. 'Wait a minute...'

There'd been a gunshot just moments ago, and someone had cried out quite loudly. Nobody should be able to sleep through those noises, not even the heaviest of sleepers. So why was this person still lying down? Saul put two and two together, and cried out, completely forgetting about his 'weapon'.

"Oh my God!" he shouted, then immediately clasped his hands over his lips as if trying to cram the words back into his mouth. 'Oh shit, way to draw attention to yourself!'
Edited by JamesRenard, Jan 24 2011, 08:18 PM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Saul pressed himself down against the short grass, knowing his outburst would've given himself away to whoever was ahead of him. It had to have done. Just moments after he shouted out, the person next to the dead body made a dash for it, leaving the corpse to rot by itself. Saul just lay there, breathing through his nose so as to minimize noise. He listened intently to his surroundings. No more gunshots, no more cries of anguish. 'It's finally calmed down around here, thank God,' Saul thought.

The flashlight was still on at the bottom of the hill, casting its circle of light over a small area of sand and grass. 'Whose is that?' he wondered. 'Does it belong to that person who just scarpered? Does it belong to the,' he gulped, 'corpse?'

Whoever it belonged to, his 8-ball had still rolled somewhere in that direction, and he needed to reclaim it. Sure, it was a crappy weapon, but right about now it was the only thing he had. When it came down to it, a plastic ball that gave him random yes/no/non-committal answers was better than absolutely nothing. Not by much, but still.

Saul got to his feet and, while crouched down, he slowly made his way down the slope, making sure to avoid tripping over the body. One thing he couldn't avoid was the dew that had already accumulated on the surface of the putting green. And as such his foot slipped on the damp grass, sending Saul somersaulting backwards with a loud yelp and landing painfully on his backside. He slid down the slick grassy incline for a few inches before coming to a rest.

"Ow..." Saul moaned, slumping onto his back and staring up at the dark night sky. 'Can this night get any worse?'
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Saul was still lying on his back, the base of his spine twinging like mad. He coughed, feeling slightly winded. The starry night filled his vision, the minute points of light twinkling down on him. Mocking him for falling over on his ass. 'Way to go, Saul. Way to fall flat on your back. Ugh... this really isn't my night. Could be worse I suppose, I could be dead right now.'

And then light returned to the world in the form of a flashlight beam moving over his body. Saul leaned up, yelping as the intense brilliance shone straight in his eyes and momentarily blinded him. He fell back, staring back up to the heavens. He couldn't see the sky or the stars anymore, all he could see was a mixture of black and flash blindness that slowly faded away to even more black.

There was someone, possibly more than one person, down where the flashlight was. So much for it belonging to that person who just left, or the corpse. Someone called out from where the light originated from, asking him to identify himself. What choice did Saul have but to reply to him?

"Uh... it's me, Saul. I'm unarmed, don't hurt me or anything," he called out in response, "who's that?" He tried sitting up again, using his right hand to shield his eyes from the flashlight, and raising his other hand to signal that he was indeed lacking in the weapons department. No shots were fired, nobody was climbing up the hill to stab him. So far so good. "You haven't seen an eight ball down there, have you?" he asked, "I think it might've rolled down where you are, whoever you are." He tentatively moved his hand to try and get a look at the flashlight owner, but anything behind the bright beam was blacked out. And he was blinded again.

'Ouch... I wish it was morning already.'
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Joss Joiner, that was someone Saul didn't know all too well. 'Brendan Wallace... that's the Australian guy, right?' And they'd found his eight ball. Great. But they wanted him to come down to them in order to reclaim it. Was it all just a trap? Saul didn't think so; if his memory was correct, neither name had cropped up on the announcements, so he wasn't dealing with killers.

"Y-yeah, okay," Saul nervously replied, getting back up onto his feet. He tentatively walked down the slope, careful not to lose his footing again. The flashlight was no longer in his eyes, that much he was thankfull for. As he approached the bunker, he could see the beam shining on a certain spherical object. 'There it is!' he thought.

"Thanks," Saul said as he jumped down into the bunker, picking the ball up and putting it back into his jacket pocket. "Magic eight ball, my weapon, if you can even call it that." He sighed, sitting down and looked around through the darkness. So here he was, sitting in what amounted to a large sand pit with two people he barely knew. Brendan, who did indeed turn out to be the Australian guy, going by his accent, was asking him if he wanted to stay.

"I... yeah, I think I'd rather stick around here for the time being. I know it probably feels like I'm intruding here, but I don't have anything decent on me as far as weapons go, and I don't want to go out on my own in the dark." Well, that made him sound like a great big coward, but it was true. Leaving a place of relative safety to head off by himself in the middle of the night, that was just begging to be picked off by one of the many killers lurking around. Speaking of 'killers', he still needed to find Garry and find out what the hell had happened. And find out where Sapphire went off to while he was at it.

"So, uh, I might as well ask you guys," he spoke, breaking the silence, "you haven't seen Garry Villette or Sapphire... uh, dunno her last name, anywhere, have you? Garry's a big guy, black hair in a ponytail, has a lot of facial hair, loves wolves. Sapphire... uhh... she's got brown hair, purple shirt, lots of jewellery."
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Neither of the two boys knew where Garry was, which was disheartening. Brendan, on the other hand, had seen Sapphire on his travels recently. However, he didn't say where exactly he'd seen her, so in the end that didn't really do much to help him. Both of them could be laying dead in a ditch somewhere and he'd be none the wiser. 'Oh God, don't think things like that!' Saul told himself.

Saul recalled the events that had happened over the past several days, having met up with Garry, Cyrille and Miranda, the group separating at the tunnels, finding out Cyrille had died, meeting up with Sapphire and then losing her during the mad rush to vacate the cellphone tower. He decided to ignore the part about discovering Garry was a killer; neither Brendan or Jojo seemed to have remembered the fact, and he didn't want to jeopardize things with the two guys. Somehow, 'oh, by the way, we're looking for someone who's a murderer,' didn't sound like it would go down well with the pair of them.

Jojo offered to share his sledgehammer with Saul for guard duty, something the mascot was grateful for. Like he'd be able to do anything worthwhile with his eight ball. And then Jojo informed him that they should leave Brendan and go off on their own way.

Saul was initially shocked by his decision, but once he thought about it for a while, Jojo had made a good point. Brendan wasn't offering his gun to either of them, and he was just keeping to himself the whole time, something Saul found to be rather selfish, though he didn't bring it up in conversation. But that worried him. If Brendan really was going to be looking out for himself and himself only, how long would it take for him to decide that playing to survive was a viable option? Sure, he seemed to be a nice enough guy, but so did people like Reiko and Staffan and Garry ('no, he's still a good person!'), and they had all gone on to kill.

And if Brendan really did decide to go down that path while they stuck around... Saul shuddered at the thought of it.

By some miracle or something, Saul managed to get some shuteye during the remainder of the night, and was woken up by Jojo moments before the announcements came on. The good news was that Garry and Sapphire were still both alive and hadn't killed anyone. The bad news was that Staffan, Nik and Marco were all dead. 'Damn... that's almost all the team gone!' Saul thought, shocked by the turn of events.

He didn't have time to dwell on it any longer though; Brendan was heading off. Saul clambered out of the bunker after him, helping Jojo out and then followed the Australian. He looked to Jojo as he departed the greens, knowing it was only going to be a matter of when Brendan's back was turned.

((Saul Fetteralf continued in Legoland Empire))
Edited by JamesRenard, Mar 8 2011, 01:19 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Greens · Next Topic »
Add Reply