Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Take Back The Fear; Private Thread -- Sunrise Day 5
Topic Started: Jan 9 2011, 02:46 AM (3,512 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Autumn O'Leary continued from The Cloud Minders))

Autumn trudged dutifully forward. The dirt was kicked up and she half shuffled forward. From somewhere far off she heard an explosion and picked her head up. Autumn had no idea the source of the noise so she continued on. She had gotten separated from that other girl, the one from the tunnels. It was just as well, she didn't seem very trust worthy or stable.

You're one to talk.

Her normally line-straight posture was starting to slump forward and though she hated when other people didn't pick up their feet, she felt them weighing her down. She'd been going forward for quite some time on her own, not really knowing where she was going, only knowing that it would be too depressing to go back. She stopped a moment and pushed her hair backwards back into the hair band, sighing deeply. She was behind some sort of building. From far off she heard some voices. Autumn took a step back, ready to run again, but then a a bolt of recognition flashed in her mind.

"I know those voices. I'd know them anywhere," she said quietly to herself.

They were coming from the other side of the building. The familiarity of the tones hummed throughout her. They pulled her to them. Autumn made sure her pack was secure on her shoulder and took off running. She sped towards the voices she knew so well.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn heard a loud flurry of noises. Something like a loud pop, screaming, fighting. She picked up speed and when she turned the last corner around the mirror house to the front, she was met with a grisly sight.

Fiona knelt down on the ground fumbling with a first aid kit. Staffan was on the ground, pale, still, with a huge gaping wound leaking blood onto the ground. Autumn took a few slow steps forward. The crunching of dirt seemed amplified ten fold. The bodies Fiona was fussing over were Nik and Evelyn. She looked at them and knew they were gone. A swell of emotion started building up inside her, rising up from her chest and bottled at her throat. They were gone. Gone forever. Evelyn had been her best friend. She had hoped Nik would ask her to prom. Autumn stood looking down on Evelyn. Sure, she was right to cut the friendship, even now she had no regrets about that, but she never wished this on her.

There was another emotion starting to tickle the back of her throat. Looking down on them both there was a sense of jealousy.

You two even had to DIE together, didn't you? Well I'm still alive and you aren't. So I guess that goes to show just how far your relationship took you. To the soil, to till, to the grave.

Autumn blinked a few times trying to will away the tears. She cleared her throat and turned to Fiona.

"I wouldn't bother," she whispered.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn discretely pushed the back of her hand underneath her eyes, scooping up the small droplets of water that had formed. She knelt down next to Evelyn's body and looked at her. Autumn put her fingers delicately to her eyes and tried to push them closed, but they would only stay half lidded. She put her hands at her temples and looked down at the dirt.

I cared about them. The two people in all of the school that I ever let in, they're dead now. Now what do I have left? I've got no one left, not here anyway. It's all nameless faces now. There's a sea of hungry, dirty children out there waiting to cut me down.

Autumn cleared her throat and stood back up. She looked steely eyed at the mound of corpses.

"They don't need these anymore."

Autumn started going through the bags. She put the extra food, water and first aid kits into her own bag. She was concentrated on her work of finding anything salvageable among the fallen bodies. It was only right. What better way to honor their passing by utilizing what they left behind? She found the gun on Nik. Bullets as well, lots of them. Autumn turned it over in her hands. She crawled over to Staffan and looked through his things. Her search yielded four sticks of dynamite.

She got up and brushed the dirt off her her legs. It was so eerily quiet. She turned her back on the motionless group and looked out into the distance.

What am I even supposed to do now? There's no one I want to find. No where I want to go. Should I hide? Maybe I should find somewhere pretty and wait there. I'll wait for nothing at all.

Fiona was still there. Autumn had Nik's gun plus four magazines now. She took her small pistol out from her waistband, removed the magazine plus the other magazine stashed in her skirt and tossed them to Fiona.

"Thanks for trying."

((Autumn O'Leary continued in I Was a Teenage Hand Model ))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hall of Mirrors · Next Topic »
Add Reply