Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Walk On Water Or Drown; Open, Day 5 Morning
Topic Started: Jan 8 2011, 11:06 PM (3,592 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sunil Savarkar also continued from Selfish.))

The walk from the large sprawl of tree stumps where Jake Crimson now lay dead had been uneventful. Rather awkward, if anything, as he wasn't the best conversationalist, and it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that Garry was still tormented over what had happened. Despite Sunil's complaining about his current circumstances and his rather dour mood, it was obvious that he had not had the worst experience on the island by a wide margin.

The last announcement had seemed to continue sending Garry's mood spiralling downwards. Sunil was concerned; partially for Garry's emotions, but partially because, from a cold-hearted tactical viewpoint, having a grouchy, mentally unstable, physically intimidating werewolf-aficionado was hardly the safest decision in terms of travel arrangements. Still, for now at least, Garry seemed to be controlling his rage just fine, and Garry did seem rather relieved that he and Rena had chosen to follow him.

Muttering a mumbled, half-true "yeah, alright", in response to Garry's question, he continued following behind him, dragging his feet along, trying to think of a suitable escape plan (failing that, a good way to spend his final moments.) Not being the brightest of kids, Sunil's quick brainstorming session turned up blank.

Then a pine cone hit Garry in the face.

Well, that was random.

Quickly stifling a rude, unwanted laugh at the pine cone in the face, Sunil looked up at the Dustin Garry was referring to. Garry seemed to know him.

Well, everyone knew of Dustin, obviously. Pretentious manwhores tended to have quite an established reputation around St. Paul. Just Sunil didn't actually know him, so unlike Garry, he couldn't really comment on whether the rumours were true or whether Dustin could be trusted in a crazy situation like this.

Sunil stood still, a blank, sombre expression on his face, and allowed Garry to catch the attention of Dustin and anyone else nearby.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Things were rapidly becoming rather awkward, to say the least.

Garry was quickly getting put on the spot by the others on the scene, being confronted about his well-publicised kill of Jake. There was no denying it was a rather nasty way to die, but there was also no denying for anyone with the slightest bit of info about the context of the kill that Garry in no way intended to kill Jake, and he felt the utmost remorse for it.

That, or he was a really good actor. But Garry didn't seem like the acting type.

As Garry carried on his explanation, Sunil stared, his mind vacant, at a abnormally stone on the ground, Garry's words floating in one ear and out of the other. However, with minimal warning, Garry put Sunil on the spot, asking him to back up his story. Quickly becoming flustered at this sudden interruption, Sunil fumbled about for the proper words, before stuttering "Erm...y-yeah. Garry's totally killing the truth. TELLING the truth, I mean. Sorry." He laughed it off, hoping it wouldn't be interpreted as a Freudian slip. "Yeah, Jake tried to kill me, and Garry then stepped in and fought Jake off and Jake fell on an unfortunately-placed cinderblock and cracked his head upon and died." Which totally sucked for everyone.

Yep. That was what had happened. In a nutshell. Unless Sunil's memory was pulling tricks on him.

"I mean," Sunil continued, chuckling nervously to try and calm things down, his eyes quickly darting between everyone present at the scene, "Garry's perfectly safe. Trust me on that. Seriously. I mean, yeah. He's cool." Praying that they believed his explanation and didn't interpret his nervousness and hesitation as deceit, he decided to add in a joke. "I mean, Rena's the one you gotta watch out for! Crazy psycho bitch, heheh!"

And now they'd probably think Rena was actually dangerous. And if not, she was probably offended.

Fuck.

"Only joking, she's cool. She's awesome. We're all cool, I mean that sincerely. Honest, swear on my mother's life."

Okay Sunil.

Now's a good time to shut up.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Idiot.

Retard.

Cretin.

Moron.

Imbecile.

Ignoramus.

These were some of the many colourful words any outside observer, whether on the island or watching safely at home, could have, quite justifiably, used to describe Sunil at that very moment in time, and a quick search through any good thesaurus would certainly have revealed many more.

Sunil would have had to agree that these hypothetical individuals had a point.

His bumbling attempt to back up Garry's story had made things worse, if not for Garry, then at least for himself. He had probably come across as a socially awkward, idiotic asshole who had something to hide, which was not a very fair description of Sunil, and his monologue had probably irreversibly damaged his image in the eyes of not only the newcomers but also his two travelling companions.

The phrase "when you're in a hole, stop digging" had obviously meant nothing to Sunil, as the world at-large saw when his little joke at the end backfired terribly, and made Rena go all ballistic on him. Her little outburst that occurred the moment Sunil's words reached her ears had the ironic side-effect of giving Sunil's joke a grain of truth.

And so, for the first time in quite a long while, Sunil applied his pragmatic, strategic way of thinking to a real-world situation, and took the sensible step of shutting the fuck up for the rest of the conversation.

And so, even though he twitched at the (not entirely undeserved) insult aimed at him, Sunil kept his head down, letting everyone else do the talking.

Best decision he'd made in a long time.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The other girl on the scene (not-Rena) decided to turn away from the madness and wander off. Meh, Sunil couldn't really care much for not-Rena, so whatever. He didn't even remember catching her name, so she could be listed on the announcements today and Sunil would have no idea it was her.

Damn, that was a depressing thought.

Huh.

Apparently, Rena had flipped out at this Dustin guy in the tunnels (Sunil had never been there, but they sounded really dark and grimy) and accused him of being a murderer. But, unlike Garry, Dustin had definitely not been on the most recent announcement, and he couldn't remember him on any announcement before that. If he had been, Danya probably would have made a groan-inducing joke about him arriving "Dustin time" or "Dustin away the competition".

As Garry attempted to serve as a negotiator and peacemaker, attempting to patch up the abysmal initial impressions Rena and Sunil had given Dustin, Sunil kept to the wishes of Dustin and everyone else in the area and kept his lips sealed tightly. If he opened his mouth, he'd probably make the situation in this little corner of the mountains as big of a fuck-up as the situation in...erm...pretty much every country in the Middle East?

Yeah, that was a good comparison. Sunil really should have got better grades in English with such intricate, multi-layered metaphors like that.

He felt quite chuffed with himself.

Suppressing the niggling thought at the back of his mind that he'd just made a simile as opposed to a metaphor (Sunil would die not knowing the answer to that question), Sunil gave a token nod of approval to the suggestion to not kill people and to get on with each other, and turned to follow Garry away from the mountain.

Sunil told himself as he walked that things would get better, that he would prove himself to be a competent, heroic component of this ragtag new team, that he would....

Give it a break, Sunil. You're not fooling anyone. You're gonna be a failure on this island.

Oh, how Sunil loved a positive mental attitude.

((Sunil Savarkar continued I'll Huff And I'll Puff))
Edited by General Goose, Aug 6 2011, 09:39 AM.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply