Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Walk On Water Or Drown; Open, Day 5 Morning
Topic Started: Jan 8 2011, 11:06 PM (3,503 Views)
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[Dustin Royal continued from It Knows Nothing Of Whim]]

"Fucking...tunnels! Augh..."

That last bit was the sound of Dustin Royal kicking a rock.

Well. He doubted anyone else would be any less frustrated than he was right now.

Hours. Many hours. That was how long it had taken him to get through those godfucking tunnels and out the other end. He'd assumed that he was already halfway through the tunnels when he left the blood-soaked crime scene where he'd found the others, but no, apparently not. It had been barely light when he left the far end of the tunnel; it had taken him a good three hours or so to reach the body. He figured he'd be out by nightfall- not a chance. Fuck, he had to stop mid-journey to sleep for a while- completely helpless, alone in the dark, he had to sleep. He could've cried when he woke up in one piece. (Not that he would dream of actually crying, oh no, there was far too good a chance that there was a camera somewhere nearby. Do they have night-vision cameras down here?)

The light- the end of the tunnel, the exit, salvation or some more hell- began to penetrate heh the tunnel just as the nearest speaker buzzed to life.

"Good morning, survivors. Yet again, you've managed to exceed my expectations."

He didn't want to hear this. He kept moving. The light was real close now and he'd feel a little better about this bullshit if he was...what? Outside? In the light? How was that going to happen?

Shut up. Fuck it. I just want out of this death trap.

"Twenty five more of you met their tragic and heart-wrenching ends yesterday, making it the best day yet."

Twenty five. Twenty five kids. That was not okay. Not even a little. Jesus Christ, how many kids have to be playing for that many to be dead? That's not just a couple of crazies, that's a whole island of 'em. No one's safe. Nothing's safe. I'm...not...safe.

Fucking hell.

"Of course, not all of that was due to direct kills, so I'm not quite sure if we should count it."

Ah, yes. Well. Dustin had heard those announcements, the ones pertaining to that bitch Liz Polanski, whose name he hardly recognized (and what girl's name did he not know, really?) and who was apparently endangering everyone on the damn island by fucking around. He was still alive- that was the important bit. Not that he was okay with what was happening- he wasn't, but he didn't want to be the one killing her.

Day 5 and Dustin fucking Royal of all people still didn't want to kill anyone. Who'd of bet on that?

He didn't listen to the names. He didn't want to know. Instead he focused on the light, followed it, forced himself to it until-

Whoa.

He was on a mountain. On a fucking mountain. A. Fucking. Mountain.

It was kind of awesome, but it begged the question-

How the fuck do I get down from here?

It was about then that he kicked the rock.
Edited by Hollyquin, Jan 8 2011, 11:09 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[OOC: Sorry for the super-special-lateness of this post.]]

“Hey Dustin, what’s wrong."

WHOA-WH-WHAT?!

Oh, right, other people. They were things that existed. Dustin had been on his own, in the goddamn dark, for long enough that hearing a voice that wasn't him talking to himself, or Danya on the loudspeaker, was kind of disorienting. He felt himself flinch at the sound, but he pulled himself back quickly. After all, that was a female voice, and fear was unattractive. So was the blood that had soaked through his daypack, for that matter. Fuck. Well, I've gotta roll with the punches, right? After all, I've got everything else going for me. He looked towards the source of the voice...

...And wasn't disappointed. It wasn't a girl he knew, not well at least, her name was...something with an M, he thought. They must've shared a class or something. But she was cute, cute enough anyway, wait, her mouth was open for a fraction of a second and were those braces? That was...it was doable, it could be worked around, it wasn't like Dustin had any right to be picky right now, though sudden, horribly painful mental images danced through his head. Wait, did she say my name? She knows who I am...not that that's difficult. Whatever, might as well say hello, try my luck, all that.

He walked closer to her, a charming smile forming almost unconsciously on his lips. "Why, hello there, sweetheart. Nothing's wrong, not a thing, just didn't quite expect this tunnel to take me..." He gestured around vaguely. "...Here. You know my name, apparently, but what's-"

"Hey! Dustin!"

Well, that voice sounds familiar.

"Hold that thought," he said sweetly at the girl he'd just met, and looked up towards the sound of the new voice.

Just as I thought.

"Garry!" he called back, genuinely happy to find someone he knew, someone else from the team, out on this godfucking rock. He had a couple of people with him, some dude he didn't know and a girl who he...also didn't know, but who looked inexplicably familiar. He blinked at her for a moment before turning his attention back to Garry, grinning.

"Dude, how've your last few days been? I've been having a blast, you know, running into dead bodies, all that. Awesome time. What about you, you don't l-"

Wait a sec.

His brain went back a few minutes.

"Jake Crimson painted the ground after taking a hit from Garry Villette. Took a while too."

Dustin blinked. Blinked again. And said, rather stupidly-

"Wait. You killed someone?"

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Just hear me out for a sec, Dustin. It was an accident. That guy, Jake, was trying to kill Sunil here and I had to fight him off. He attacked me, I shoved him out the way, he fell over and badly hit his head. I didn't want to kill him... I only wanted to stop him from attacking."

Dustin was frowning. Of course, he wanted to believe his friend. He wasn't a complete dick. But having seen first hand, more than once, what death looked like close up, he couldn't help but be at least a little wary. Self defense was understandable, but who on this island (who wasn't fucking batshit already, like that Lombardi prick apparently was) wouldn't be wanting to claim self defense? It was understandable, yeah, but not provable, and of course Danya twisted every kill to sound like the work of a psychotic asshole, so he was no help. Apparently he was going to test that not-provable claim by calling a witness to the stand. So, he killed someone for this kid? Lets see what he has to say for himself.

"Erm...y-yeah. Garry's totally killing the truth. TELLING the truth, I mean. Sorry."

Dustin raised an eyebrow.

Oh, Jesus. He's an idiot.

"Yeah, Jake tried to kill me, and Garry then stepped in and fought Jake off and Jake fell on an unfortunately-placed cinderblock and cracked his head upon and died."

Sounds like...something that could happen. I guess. Don't like the way he's putting it, but I can't really expect him to muster up sympathy for the guy who tried to kick his ass.

"Garry's perfectly safe. Trust me on that. Seriously. I mean, yeah. He's cool. I mean, Rena's the one you gotta watch out for! Crazy psycho bitch, heheh!"

And Dustin looked immediately at the girl, his eyes widening in recognition.

The crazy psycho bitch comment didn't worry him, particularly, given that Sunil was clearly kidding and Sunil was clearly a fucking idiot. But that name, Rena, told him why that girl looked familiar. It's the girl from the tunnel, the one who freaked out on me for no fucking reason! Fuck, kidding, whatever, she kind of is a psycho bitch. Wait, so she got out of the tunnel, joined up with Sunil and Garry...all this was yesterday? Shit, she must've hustled out of the tunnel...or I just went really fucking slow. Wait, what happened to the other two...?

And now she was freaking out. Awesome.

"I'm not crazy!"

Well, yeah, you're convincing me right now.

"I...I mean...yeah. I'm...uh...Very funny joke Sunil."

Fucking Christ.

"And...uh...hi. Again. Remember me?"

Now she was addressing him directly. Yeah, I remember you, you're the one who accused me of brutal murder for no godfucking reason. Not exactly the best way to make me like you, you know? He seriously considered saying all of that out loud, but decided against it at the last minute and responded to her with only a nod. She wasn't cute enough for him to properly forgive her.

"Well. I think at this point the person here I trust most is the killer," Dustin said, raising his eyebrow again. "Not counting you, of course, beautiful," he added smoothly as he remembered the other girl, the better-looking one, by his side. "You seem...trustworthy." That wasn't totally true, she was a bit quiet for his tastes, but she was cute and that gave her an advantage. "Anyway. So you two-" he nodded towards Sunil and Rena "-seem all kinds of crazy, but I trust Garry. So..." He shrugged. "Guess it works out in the end either way, yeah?"

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well. The basic story here seemed to be that everyone was retarded and/or insane, except for Garry, and except for that other girl, Marion, who apparently decided to leave. Probably because of that whole everyone is retarded and/or insane bit. Not even Dustin Royal could keep a cute girl hanging with a killer, a probable psychopath and a fucking idiot. And if he hadn't already been a bit irritated at all of them (and I sure fucking was), he most definitely was now.

"Good job, guys," he said with cheerful sarcasm. "You've managed to chase off the only sane girl for miles. Awesome job." He raised an eyebrow. "Much as I appreciate you two not talking...no, actually, keep not talking. Garry?"

He looked back at his friend. In all honesty he was still stumbling over this Garry killed someone thing, but he was going to try really hard. After all, this kid was the closest thing he had to an ally right now.

"To answer your question, yes, we've met, no, we don't really know each other given that we met in those goddamn tunnels-" he jerked his head towards the tunnel he'd so recently found his way out of- "where she accused me of killing the shit of some I-don't-know-who. Person. Dead person." He didn't want to give details, really. He never wanted to think about any of that ever again, really. God, this game is fucked up.

Anyway. He shook his head, and sighed.

"Whatever. I don't like either of you, particularly, but I like Garry here, no homo, and I'm sticking with him. So we're all going to have to just...deal with each other. And not kill anyone else. Alright?"

He followed the others away, willingly enough. Not like he had other plans.

[[Dustin Royal continued in I'll Huff and I'll Puff]]
Edited by Hollyquin, Feb 27 2011, 10:49 PM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply