Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Walk On Water Or Drown; Open, Day 5 Morning
Topic Started: Jan 8 2011, 11:06 PM (3,587 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette continued from Selfish))

"...proving that even a loser can turn things around, Jimmy Brennan killed Phillip Ward with a little moxie and a big stick. Jake Crimson painted the ground after taking a hit from Garry Villette. Took a while too. Is it mercy to let nature-"

"Oh for fuck's sake!"

Garry didn't know how to feel anymore. After staying up the whole night, he was ready to collapse, exhaustion eating away at his body and mind. But the recent announcement had both caused his heart to sink, and his blood to boil. He'd learnt that yet another one of the Huskies had fallen victim to the game, and now he himself had been portrayed as a cold-blooded killer. There was no mention of Jake having attacked first, no mention of Garry fighting back in self-defense. "Damn you, Danya," he whispered.

He turned back to face Sunil and Rena, feeling glad that both of them had decided to join him in the end. "Sorry... you guys okay?" he asked, gently massaging the itchy blood-stained bandage on his head that was masking the gash Jake had inflicted on him. He hissed and shut his eyes as a shooting pain spread from his temple. Trying to eradicate the itch had been a bit of a mistake, it seemed. "It's okay, ssss... ow, don't worry, it's okay-"

And then something bounced out of, well, nowhere and hit Garry right in the face, cutting him off mid-speech. Garry cried out in surprise as the object - obviously a very light object or it would have taken his head out - rebounded off his cheek and fell to the ground. Gently rubbing the area on his face where it struck, Garry looked down and saw a pine cone slowly rocking back and forth as it came to a rest at his feet. 'What the hell? Do pine cones have some sort of vendetta against me now as well?'

He looked up the steep slope to see where the cone had originated from, and saw a very familiar face standing just outside the entrance to some cave with a girl he didn't know all that well. 'Is that...? Holy shit, it's Dustin!' He couldn't believe it, he'd finally found someone from the team, someone who wasn't a killer according to those announcements. Surely that meant he could trust Dustin, right? Okay, he may have been a massive womaniser in school, but he wasn't a killer, and that was more important right about now.

"Hey! Dustin!" Garry called out, waving his arm to try and grab his attention, and then looked towards his travelling companions. "Don't worry, I know this guy, he's alright," he said to them.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
It was funny how just four words were capable of completely changing the atmosphere.

Garry's elation at finding Dustin changed to sheer dread upon hearing his friend's inquiry. His face paled visibly; how could he have been so stupid? His name had cropped up on the morning announcement literally a couple of minutes ago. Dustin wasn't there, he couldn't know what had happened between him, Sunil and Jake. As far as Garry knew, Dustin had him figured out as a murderer.

And, worst case scenario, everyone else on the island was probably thinking the same. The girl next to Dustin was probably thinking it, Saul was probably thinking it. "Oh, hear that? It's Garry the savage werewolf, he must've ripped Jake Crimson from limb to limb and feasted on his flesh and guts. Let's find him and give him a taste of his own medicine!" The thought of that infuriated and terrified the young man. 'Damnit I am not like that!' Garry mentally snarled. He needed to explain himself to Dustin, before he went wildly jumping to any conclusions. He didn't want an argument or, even worse, a fight on his hands. Not after the altercation the previous night.

"Just hear me out for a sec, Dustin. It was an accident," Garry explained, looking up to Dustin. "That guy, Jake, was trying to kill Sunil here and I had to fight him off. He attacked me, I shoved him out the way, he fell over and badly hit his head. I didn't want to kill him... I only wanted to stop him from attacking."

He looked back down to the ground and turned to face Sunil. Unlike Dustin, he was there when it all happened, and so he would be able to support his side of the story. "Sunil, back me up here, please," Garry spoke.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
'Killing the truth? What the hell, Sunil?' Garry very nearly facepalmed at Sunil's comment, and his version of events didn't sound like it was doing him any favours either. Jake hitting his head on an 'unfortunately-placed cinderblock'; it sounded like Sunil was just making it up as he went along, and if Garry hadn't been there as it happened (or more precisely, caused it), he honestly would've thought it was just a bunch of nonsense.

And now Rena was suddenly branded as a psycho, something she didn't take kindly to. Garry silently groaned; Sunil seemed to really be putting his foot in it this morning. First that slip of the tongue, now calling Rena crazy. It really wasn't helping things, not when Dustin probably thought he himself was a psycho killer. Rena was speaking up for herself though, and was talking to Dustin herself.

"Wait, you've met him before?" Garry asked Rena. That was unexpected. What was also unexpected were Dustin's next choice of words directed at all three of them.

The person here I trust most is the killer.

Killer. Garry. Killer.

Garry felt like he'd just been stabbed through the chest at Dustin's remark, and though he tried to keep a straight face, a slight frown was still visible. 'Yeah, thanks a lot, Dustin. Thanks for rubbing that in for me,' Garry thought, suddenly realising he was glaring at his hockey team mate. He hastily looked away at the girl was was flipping through some kind of notepad, just so he wasn't staring at the other boy.

'Still... he trusts me, that's something good for a change. Anyone else would probably have tried to hunt me down.'

"I guess so," Garry replied, though he didn't like the way Dustin called Sunil and Rena crazy, though admittedly they weren't doing a grand job of proving otherwise. He looked back to the notepad girl who was up there next to Dustin. "Hey, uh, you alright with that?" he asked.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Okay, I think it's high time we got out of here))

Garry didn't really know what to feel right now. He felt torn, being pulled in two directions. True, Sunil and and Rena had made a disastrous first impression with Dustin and the other girl, but he'd been with them since the night before, and they'd been good company, especially with helping him get over Jake's death.

"Look, cut them a little bit of slack, will ya? This whole thing's stressing all of us out," Garry spoke, a bit louder than he would've liked. "I don't know exactly what happened between you and Rena in the tunnels, but let's just try and forget about it. You're not a killer, you weren't on the announcements, Yes, she shouldn't have gone round accusing you like that. That's the end of it. If we're gonna stick together, we gotta work together, okay?" The last part was directed to Sunil and Rena as well as Dustin.

"And yes, I agree with the 'not-killing part'," Garry said. "What happened last night was an accident, and if I could go back and change it so he didn't die, I would."

'An accident, that's all it was. I just... I just lost my temper, threw him to the ground and he cracked his head open... that's enough, no more.' He didn't want to talk about, or even think about Jake's death any longer. There'd been far too much death already. Sally, Cyrille, Dougal, Violetta, Hermione, Miranda, Dan, Maddy, Jake, Alex, Trent, Phil...

"C'mon guys... let... let's get going," Garry announced, trying hide how upset he suddenly felt.

((Garry Villette continued in I'll Huff and I'll Puff))
Edited by JamesRenard, Feb 25 2011, 02:57 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply