Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Could Have Been Worse
Topic Started: Jan 5 2011, 03:58 PM (3,573 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aileen Borden continued from When My Fist Clenches, Crack It Open))

Okay, where was Aaron?

She needed to have a word with him. Now.

Aileen's breath came in hoarse gasps as she searched for him. Seriously, she was angry, scared, and worrying her butt off. Jesus Christ almighty, he was demonstrating to her more and more what it was like to be a babysitter each and every single minute. And what's more, once again he had ran away from the fucking group, being chased from behind by that Jacquard person and god knew what else. Seriously, was he trying to get them all killed back there? Was he trying to die? Fuck, and he shot at that guy. Rob Jenkins was a murderer, correct? What if it didn't hit him? What if he was following them? And what if Aaron had shot him? Oh god, a number of horrible things could happen!

And as if it couldn't get any oh-so-better?

Those announcements.

Was that really him? But... they would have done something to him by now. Aileen hadn't really thought about the teachers ever since the beginning. But Kwong was alive. Kwong was being held hostage. Apparently, he was now a bargaining chip for the terrorists.

Liz something-or-other. That was her name. According to the announcements, she had managed to get her collar off. How did she do that? She had no clue that was even that possible! And then they... they... made him kill someone. Daisuke Nagasawa? Three more were killed, as well.

Kwong wasn't a bad teacher. He was strict, but he genuinely cared about his students. He... he didn't deserve this! He didn't deserve to be forced to kill someone! Or tell people not to escape! Or be imprisoned like that! It wasn't fair... it wasn't fair...

And suddenly, she could see Aaron. Her blood began to boil again when she saw what he was doing. Sitting on the ground, writing in his notebook. As usual.

God damn it.

Aileen immediately dropped her things, and started stomping over.

"AARON!" she yelled. "Don't ever scare me like that again! Got it?"

She was furious. Oh god, he really needed to stop running ahead of the group! People were going to get lost! And he just ran away after shooting his gun at someone. Oh man, this was really starting to annoy her.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And Aaron responded, going on about how there were killers afoot and they had to do something, anything, to get them out of their way.

And oh look, that Milo guy tagged along, valiantly defending her position and reminding Aaron not to run off and scare everyone like that. Oh wait, that wasn't what happened, he just yelled at her to shut up like she was a dog who had been barking for nine hours straight.

Aileen's fists clenched as she scowled. Yes, Aaron had a point. Yes, they were murderers. Yes, they were probably plotting something. But... you know, the best way to get on anyone's side was to shoot at people and run off in a panic. Obviously. Seriously, what number of things could go wrong? It wasn't like anyone could die, or that the killers now have more of a reason to hunt you down if they weren't shot, or that yet again, people could get lost.

"Aaron..." she shouted. "That doesn't mean you can scare my ass to the moon and back by doing what you did! That girl, whatever the FUCK her name was? She was RUNNING AFTER YOU damn it! You were lucky that her leg seemed hurt! Otherwise... otherwise..."

No more words came to her mind. She wasn't happy, to say the least.

Also, where was Lily? That... that wasn't good. Did they get her, too? Shit, shit shit shit. She didn't want her to die... what if Lily never made it out? What if Rob or What's-Her-Face got her? They might have gotten Richard as well. What if they did? What if they...

Aileen was going to cram that hammer down their throats if they hurt any member of their team. Seriously, they did nothing that horrible to them up until Aaron went trigger happy on everyone. Disgusting! Aileen was hoping to spend a while longer not dealing with killers and such, people who thought that the only way off was by playing by Danya's rules and kill what was once their classmates. And not only that, but were happy to do so. No one on their team, like Tom, deserved someone going psycho and killing them just because they thought that was how they were going to survive.

And then she took a deep breath, still having lost a fair amount of energy from just a few seconds ago shouting. Suddenly she reached her hands up and rubbed her temples with her fingers. Damn... damn this place to hell...
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So wait, the girl was a cripple AND crazy, right from the start? And was another person who had killed?

Aileen... didn't know what to make of that.

So apparently, this "Jacquard" girl knew Aaron, and he felt that she was messed up in the membrane and had a personal vendetta against him. Well then. So he did that because he had personal experience with her issues before as well as the fact that he remembered that she and Rob had killed.

Okay, so that didn't completely justify what he did back there. But at least she knew what was going on up there in Aaron's mind. God, this kid was confusing. All the kids at school usually confused her in some way or another, but Aaron had pretty much set a new record for what-the-fuck moments.

But to be honest, now that she thought of it, she probably would have done something similar if she had the gun.

But hey. Aaron immediately changed the subject, saying what they needed to do was scout out the areas, and act out their plan, which was potentially very dangerous. What plan? She guessed it had something to do with the power generator he had mentioned before... well, before the killers decided that their little spot was the best hang-out on the island.

But Milo replied with the most intelligent and sensitive of comments... namely, bursting into laughter and making fun of their pursuer's name and disability. Charming.

"Yes. What a good name for her. How about we call you Mil-ron as well?" Aileen replied back, not even looking at him.

Well, at least she had simmered down enough in the past few minutes. Seriously, as long Aaron didn't randomly shoot at people or run ahead of the group again, she was going to be fine.

Anyways, so whatever Aaron had planned, he was about to enact it. Well, at least it was an improvement over the dilly-dallying they had been doing over the past few days. Heck, they could even find some other people to help them. Weren't there three others back at the gazebo? That girl with the soap, whatever her name was, Other Lily, and... uh... damn, she didn't know that guy's name either. What was his name? Ragga? Rocko? The Rock? And it didn't help she didn't know Soap Girl's name either. Damn, this was possibly the worst time for her fabulous ability to forget names. Anyways, even if Other Lily and Rocko (for lack of a better thing to call him) were out of their gourd like they had first suspected or just didn't want to be part of the group, perhaps they would end up telling them something they didn't know before if they ran into them again. Same went with soap girl. And hey! They were supposed to meet up with Aaron's lady friend and her buddies as well, right? When were they supposed to do that, again? And then... Polanski.

Aileen walked over to her things and unzipped one of the bags, pulling out a water bottle. Damn, she was almost out. Sure, she had tried to be conservative with her water use, but with all the exercise Aaron was putting her through plus the heat... yeah. It was surprising that even just now she was running low. Making sure to take the hammer with her (she wasn't taking any chances after THAT bit of chaos back there), she went back with her water, placing herself on the ground and taking a sip of what was left. Well, at least it felt nice actually sitting for once.

"Anyways... scouting. Right. I've been trying to keep track of how many cameras there are in each place we go to, but I keep forgetting to count. Been distracted" she said once the bottle had been pried from her lips. "So, I guess I'll try doing that again. Meanwhile, hiding spots... no more houses."

It pained her to say it. But there it was. Aileen, like many American teens, had grown accustomed to having a roof over her head. But...

"Remember last time, Aaron? People swarmed the place. It's the first place people will try to go for shelter. We could try something natural instead of man-made here."

There. Her thoughts for now. Hopefully Aaron wouldn't ignore her thoughts, or worse yet, follow her thoughts to the exact letter and do something stupid with them.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aileen's about five steps away from going inactive. D:))

Aha! Aaron agreed with her! Too many choke points, too many spots where a sniper could pick them off. She didn't even think of that. Sure, she doubted that someone would have the foresight to do something like that, but you never know. So it was settled. No more houses. Find somewhere isolated, and do their business there. And then they could find the others and anyone else that could help them, and then start things up.

Easy.

Unfortunately though... Milo was, shall we say, being silly. Actually, that was an understatement.

He immediately shouted at her about how he wasn't a "Ron". What the fuck was a "Ron", and why was it so bad? It took Aileen a couple of seconds to realize that when she called him "Mil-ron", it apparently somehow registered to him that he was being insulted, but he had no clue how he was being insulted. Apparently her insult was preferable over being called a "Ron". Was that an insulting slang term she didn't know yet or something?

Oh, also, her name was Wilhelmina now. She wasn't sure if she ever got to introduce herself to him, but if she did, it was a question of "How the fuck did you get Wilhelmina out of Aileen Borden?". But apparently, that was the name that came up to him when he looked at her. She would be a hypocrite if she commented on his ability to forget names, but not if she commented on what he did next.

Which was call out to this Jacquard girl and taunt her.

God, what an idiot! He was going to attract all sorts of people! Not just Jacquard or Rob, either. Heck, Reika's sister, Lombardi, Reid, Hartmann or someone like that could just so happen to be nearby and act. Sure, just because she yelled earlier didn't mean he was allowed to do so too! God damn, this was stupid!

As he screamed out to Jacquard, Aileen looked towards Aaron, the expression on her face summing things up quite nicely; confusion, shock, and frustration towards Milo.

And to finish it off, Milo turned to her again and acted as if he had "proved" something to her beyond being an idiot that taunts killers who already had a bone to pick with at least one person in the group.

Okay? He really needed to learn not to do that. Now.

"Look. If you want to have wild passionate kinky sex with the killers, go on right ahead. Just keep in mind that they're, you know, homicidal maniacs? I hear those aren't the best lovers. Seriously, though, don't. Taunt. Them. Unless you want to die. Okay?"

Sighing deeply, she placed one hand to her forehead, gently massaging it with eyes closed and glasses slightly pushed up. God damn.

"Aaron..." she started out, but refrained from what she had the urge to say next. She had seen a lot of idiots at school, sure. But her mom always told her not to react to them. Right? Right.

A few noises. A small voice? Footsteps? Eh, must be imagining something. Hopefully, if Milo didn't attract someone.

"Anyways. Aaron, we're supposed to meet up with that girl of yours, right? Bounce, was that it?" Aileen was now trying her best to stay on topic, rather than dealing with Milo's... issues, shall we say. "And... do you know anyone else that could help? What about the other people we ran into right at the start? Like, at the gazebo? I'm pretty sure there were other people there. Do you know any of them personally?"

Looking back on the first day, soap girl seemed enthusiastic about helping. And heck, while Other Lily and Rocko seemed like the unreliable types at the time, in hindsight they could turn out to be ridiculously helpful in the long run.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Inactivity warding time again!))
((EDIT: Also, Jonny is a speedy ninja. D: ))

As Aileen continued burying her face in her hand, she could hear Aaron saying not to look for the other people at the gazebo, since they had the choice to come with and didn't. Well, true. Then again, Aaron was the one running ahead of the group in a way that could easily get people lost. Heck, she was fortunate she was able to catch up with him for this long. But yes, find Bounce.

But before she could raise this point to him, Aaron called out in that tone of voice again. She knew the one; someone is nearby, they're not threatening looking, maybe they could help us. She understood that tone of voice by now. At least she could figure out some of what Aaron had going on in his mind.

But, the problem was, who knew what Milo had attracted? He couid have invited all sorts of people over for tea. Reika's sister, Lombardi, Hartmann, Jacquard herself, Rob...

And then Aileen finally looked up. DuClare.

.... Okay, so that wasn't as bad as some of the other options, admittedly. But. DuClare was... well, she was DuClare, and lord knows what she was up to. Sure, Aileen doubted that she would start playing and she didn't hear her name on the Announcements that she could remember. But Aileen had a basic idea of what she was like in the past.

Aaron had said that things were "a little" stressful right now. "A little"? Try "a lot". Seriously, Mil-ron had just hollered out to one of the killers about how he was going to molest them with a rake, and had already let on person on to their presence? What if he had invited one of the major killers out there, or worse, an entire group of them working together? Obviously, that wasn't good. Heck, they already had enough of a problem with a potential wildcard like DuClare. They didn't need five psychos bursting in on them.

And then Aaron asked for her help calming things down. But before Aileen could add her own thoughts, some else did.

And as she turned her head to see who it came from, her fears were confirmed. And right at that moment, she knew that they were pretty much fucked.

Yup, Jacquard had heard that and was now trying to talk to them. Oh joy.

Heck, the girl even flat-out admitted that she found it fun to kill them! Sure, she said that she wasn't going to kill them just yet had made it a point to add a "yet" in that sentence. Okay? Aileen whipped her head towards Milo, glaring at him, and turned back to Jacquard. She... was clearly trying to get on Aaron's nerves, saying that it's a wonder that anyone would trust him to help them escape.

So that was the tactic she was trying then? Get Aaron annoyed enough to do something irrational, and then pick off the group one by one? Damn.

Aileen looked back at DuClare. Did she know Jacquard was there? Was she working with her? Was she...

And then the filter she had been trying to maintain completely broke after too many hits to it in the past few minutes.

"Hey jackass..." she started in a quiet voice, looking at Jacquard. "I have a question for you. How the hell did you end up a psycho killer? I bet you yourself would have to hack off five different heads before you even made it to the grocery store."

Aileen's face contorted into something that looked unpleasant and frustrated, to say the least. And to be honest, she was kind of scared. But most importantly of all, she was pretty much angry again. God damn, and they had gone this long without seeing any confirmed killers beyond Aaron and Tom running into Reid.

"Guys..." she whispered to the other two members of her groups. "If she does anything stupid... run. Just run."

And turning back, she asked Jacquard "Okay? What is it you want, then?"

And all this time, her hand was reaching for the hammer, her fingers touching the handle.

But DuClare... DuClare had started to ramble a little bit. Right, then. Wait, she was better at this whole "yell at the killers" thing than she was. Damn. And wait....

DuClare... knew about other escape plans....?

Aileen tried to listen in. Seriously, she knew other people who were planning to escape? This was big news, right here. Heck, she could even know Polanski. This... this was big. Heck, she could turn out to be useful after all. Holy crap, fuck yes. She could lead them right over and... and...

Holy man, this was big. So basically, good and bad news. Jacquard and most likely others had heard them. But they knew for certain people were also planning things.

Now they just needed Jacquard to get out and then....? Business.
Edited by KamiKaze, Feb 27 2011, 01:23 AM.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Hey, guess what? IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN. That's right, avoiding inactivity! : D))

Well, it looked like everyone hated Jacquard.

The only one who didn't snark or yell at her in some way was Milo, who, as always, had absolutely no clue. Instead, he simply asked if they could look for people at the gazebo, despite what Aaron had said. It was as if he shut his brain off whenever someone made little noises called "words" at him.

Aaron, however, went on some big speech about how Jacquard had probably sneaked up on her victim and killed her, and how he was the one with the gun. He was acting like he was the Big Sheriff Chief In Charge of Murderland or something. Only law here, huh? And he basically yelled at her saying that he was protecting people, unlike someone they knew.

Heck, even though she still didn't trust DuClare, they just needed Jacquard to run off and they can continue with business.

But Jacquard... oh boy... Jacquard...

Well, she was firing back. Of course she would fire back. It wasn't a good thing.

She pointed out essentially what Aileen had been yelling about minutes ago. He had shot someone and left Lily behind. Not only that, but she was sneering about it, acting like he had simply lost.

What if she knew what happened to Lily?

What if her suspicions were confirmed and Rob and Jacquard did something to her and Richard?

What if Lily and Richard were gone?

What if...

Oh hell, that just wasn't allowed. She probably did something to them, and then was using it to goad them on. Not good. She was gloating about something might have happened to Lily, and how he had ran off.

What. The Flipping. FUCK?!

Without warning, Aileen grabbed the hammer and stood up, seething and gritting her teeth.

"... Get out. Get out. Go away. Fuck off, and never return. Now. I mean it!" she screeched.

God damn, she probably did something to Lily, and then danced on over here to gloat about it and to use it to bait Aaron on. Fucking bitch! Aileen wanted nothing more than to smash that hammer straight into her face as of that moment. Of course, a shred of conscience was still there, but she was quickly getting angry. Jacquard could go fuck herself, for all she cared.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, and as if things couldn't get chaotic enough?

DuClare vocalized a desire to leave. No, really. She was being scared off by all the chaos. Goody. And as if Jacquard couldn't make things more difficult.

God damn it, she should just get her ass out of here. Never come back, never see them again. And if she and Rob did something to those two, then she'd better wish that she'd never run into them again, as well. Aileen did not approve of people attacking members of the group, at all.

But, now Aaron was making plans to leave. Oh thank god. Any longer and Aileen would have thrown herself at Jacquard, with hammer at the ready. Some part of her wished to stick around and beat the crap out of her, but in the end common sense prevailed.

Sighing, Aileen grabbed her things and once again lifted the straps across her shoulder.

Well, she guessed they were going again, apparently. At least Jacquard wasn't planning on killing any of them, at the very least. But as she kept saying to herself, if it turned out Lily and Richard were dead... it won't end well. Of course it wouldn't fucking end well. That sort of shit pissed her off.

If only Aaron made sure to stick with the group this time.

Turning to DuClare, she tried to think of a few things to say, but the only thing she could think of was...

"Erm, come if you want", Aileen said quietly, still somewhat steaming from her rage.

Giving one last look at Jacquard, she wanted to say all sorts of things to her, but couldn't think of any that didn't involve smacking her across the face. She didn't want to see Jacquard ever again, even if they ever got off this shithole of a place and she was just another person.

So Aileen turned back around and followed Aaron, only-

She could hear Jacquard throwing a fit. Screaming, crying, everything. Calling Aaron a murderer, cussing them all out, and so on. Aileen's heart began to race faster as she heard bits and pieces of the rant.

Without warning, she picked up her pace.

Despite her own anger, she didn't want to be on the other side of Jacquard's in the end.

((Aileen Borden continued elsewhere))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply