Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Could Have Been Worse
Topic Started: Jan 5 2011, 03:58 PM (3,572 Views)
Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
((Charlie DuClare continued from House of the Rising Sun))

Charlie. Charlie. Where did you go. Where did you run off to. We looked all over for you. We were scared to death for you. We thought something might have happened to you. And we missed you.

We missed you. We missed you.

Too much to hope for, yes? Yes. It was- okay, maybe she was being unrealistic. Maybe it had been a dumb idea for her to wait a little ways outside the house for five minutes eyes peeled ears cocked because yes they would come right after her right? Yes. Maybe it had been dumb for her to call out a name- Dave! Izzy! Helen! Winnie!- every time a little noise made her jump made her turn made her hope. So much hope. So much hope that she'd see them again she'd see them again, right?

She'd see someone again. Right?

Anyone and it doesn't matter who. Okay, anyone and it matters that they're not going to kill her. Okay, anyone and it matters that they're not going to kill her and also none of those fucking assholes like Retard Cowboy or Blanderson. Okay, anyone and it matters that she like them because her old friends are gone and her old friends are in that house ready to die waiting to explode. Some new friends. A new friend. One would be good. One would work.

Could these ones do? The one seems pretty shouty. Like maybe making fun of that one over there. This is okay, right? This is like when Charlie and the others were protecting Winnie from that asshole. This is just like that so this means they're on the same page and they can be friends. And then that one girl over here is saying something, can't quite make out what it is- maybe she's thanking the boy? For sticking up for her? That would be sweet. That would be nice.

Someday soon, everyone here will be about to go to sleep, and Charlie will whisper to the laughing boy. She will say that before she showed up, she saw that he was standing up for the other girl. She will tell him it was kind it was brave he was kind he was brave.

That is not yet. That is some time from now. She hasn't even said hello yet, has she? She should do that. She is so tired right now because you can't really sleep when you're waiting for you friends to arrive, but she should do that. Left foot right foot keep going just get close enough for her to say a little hello.

A little, “Hello?”

And a very nervous very tired face. And a bit of trembling in her knees.

Making friends is so hard.
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
Something stirred, something twitched, something snapped, and all of a sudden the sweet scared quiet girl on the edge of the group was mad.

What happens when Charlie DuClare gets mad? Well okay we know about this, we've seen this all before. Pictures flash by- shouting and kicking and pointing fingers with just a whole big helping of fury- and words pop up- they are mostly swear words- and it all goes according to some semblance of a plan. And maybe Charlie asks herself, after the fact, if she's really that predictable. But the question doesn't hold her attention long enough for her to hear the answer- yes just a bit- a few seconds later.

Charlie is not shouting right now. Talking a little quietly, if anything. Loud enough to be heard (she hopes, she hopes), but it looks like she's maybe trying something new. Good for her, so good for her.

“Hey, um, I don't know what your name is,” this is Jackie, you see, who has not yet been named while Charlie was in earshot, “but I think I got a pretty good guess about why people are following Aaron. Um, if you don't mind hearing.”

Charlie didn't particularly give her much time to object.

“So I come up here and... even though he's obviously in the middle of a situation right now, Aaron offers to help me out. Yeah? That's... not the usual on this island. Makes me think he's maybe, uh, good people.”

“And then I see the kind of useless poisonous bitch that he has to deal with,” okay sorry maybe a little bit of swear words, sorry, sorry, that part was not planned, “and I think maybe he's had a hard time on this island so far. And if he's dealing with whatever pathetic vendetta you have and he's still keepin' on, then... I dunno, guess that says good things about him too.”

“And, uh, I know I'm probably sounding really... stupid, right now. Umm. Like I'm sucking up real bad or something. But it's okay. I don't think, even if I tried nonstop for a week, I could sound half as stupid as you did when you asked that question.”

This is the part that felt a little scary, felt all of a sudden a little trembly. Words felt heavy, felt so damn heavy, so she lifted them up- put your back into it, up and at 'em!- and got them out. Because she was scared she was so scared and Lord knew if there was another way to make it go away.

“If you think people stick around each other just because they're promised a way off the island, you're a dumb piece of shit. Take it from someone who's already walked out on two escape plans.”

And she swallowed.

And she sniffed.

And she spoke again.

“Yeah, that's... yeah. Aaron, look, I- well, first off, hi. I'm Charlie. Second off, well... I mean, I wasn't really the brains behind either plan, and I'm not even sure how well they worked, so I don't know how useful I can be. But... however I can help out, I will.”

And she turned back to Jackie.

And she grinned.

“Except useless poisonous bitches don't get to hear. So if you wanna, uh, remove yourself. That'd be fantastic.”

Okay. Okay. She'll admit it. That part was planned.
Edited by Jonny, Feb 27 2011, 12:31 AM.

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
So many words, back and forth and back and forth, so many words said and none of them said to her. And so she started to feel smaller, and smaller, until she was hardly there at all. This was a mistake. This had been a huge, huge mistake.

This wasn't how it went at all. Open arms, open hearts, tell a joke and crack a smile and Charlie's part of the group now. She belongs now. And if that weren't enough, she can help them. She can tell them some things that, if someone with a fully working brain hears them, might get them off the island. Isn't that worth something? That's got to be worth something. Something. Anything.

It wasn't worth shit. Aaron and Jacquard were just going back and forth about... about... well, honesty time. Charlie had barely heard a word the two of them were saying. Because it didn't matter, it didn't matter, whatever fucking stupid pissing contest this was didn't matter. And it sure as fuck didn't matter enough to distract the rest of the group enough that they weren't even fucking noticing Charlie.

She waved her hands a little.

Nobody was looking.

And who could blame them? Charlie wasn't part of the group. She was... someone else. Someone scared, someone desperate, someone altogether trying a little too hard. She was too little, too late, too far removed from these people and their group. Should've tried a little earlier, Charlie. Should've tried a few days ago.

Or better yet, should've stuck with the group you had.

Remember those guys? They were good. They were good. They were a solid group, and they looked out for each other, and they were doing good things. And you had to run. You had to abandon them. Because you didn't trust them to stay quiet, or something. After several hours of them staying quiet. You still ran. You still ran and you never came back.

And it was hard, right now, to decide which was scarier to ask. Was it Could I find them again?, or was it Would they take me back even if I did? It hurt to ask, and it hurt even more to answer, but it was all she could think of right now. All she could think of as long as she was in this fucking place. With these fucking people.

Them and their ways. Them and their problems. Their problems. Not hers.

So maybe she ought to just fuck off. Try again somewhere else, with someone else, keep trying till she succeeded. Or maybe just.... stop. Maybe take this as a lesson. Spend her last days as a recluse. Yeah, maybe... maybe that wouldn't be so bad. If this was the alternative. Banging against locked doors in a howling tempest... it sucked. There was no poetic way to say that last part. It sucked.

So let it out, Charlie.

“Oh, fucking... just stop. Whatever this bullshit it is, I don't care, just... fucking drop it. All of you.”

And she looked behind her. And she sighed.

“Look, maybe I should just go. And you guys can... work all this out. I've obviously stumbled on... something. So.”

And she took a few steps back.

But she was going pretty slowly. Why was that?
Edited by Jonny, Mar 13 2011, 02:33 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply