Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No Crying Allowed; Day Four
Topic Started: Jan 4 2011, 06:46 AM (3,578 Views)
Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Gloria stumbled a bit, falling to her hands and knees as the announcement finally ended. Her palms got scraped a bit, but she didn't care, or even notice, for that matter. Her duffel sliding down her arm and hitting the ground beside her, Gloria stared at the ground, shoulders shaking as she wept. Nothing new for her, since coming to this place.

"N--N..no..." she sobbed, tears falling onto the lenses of her glasses and blurring her vision even worse. "N-No...c-can't be..."

"Hey, you two...why don't I help you with those?"

"A-Ah, fire! Simon, watch out!"

It hadn't even been her Simon's name announced in this one...it was another Simon entirely, different last name and everything. She'd never met that Simon.

Simon...

But that name had snapped her back to the previous announcement, when she'd been too panicked, too worried she'd been on the Danger Zone part of the beach, to realize his name had been read--and not as a killer, but a victim. "S-S-Simon..." she sobbed again, hiccuping once. It wasn't fair...Simon could never hold in a fight, she thought, he shouldn't have even been here--if she'd come up with something better for them to do instead of a trip, maybe...

Remembering her companion, Gloria tried to rise up, back onto her knees. She left her bag where it lay, clumsily wiping her eyes under her glasses, streaking the tears across the glass. "I--I...s-sorry...I--I..." she hiccuped again. "B-But m--my...my b-best...best friend's..." She shook her head, not wanting to say it. "H-He..."

"Do you think everyone'll like the churros? Even if they are a bit burned?"

"H-He...D-Dad and he m-m-must...b-be making ch-churros together," she sniffled, a tiny smile appearing on her face through the tears. She knew it didn't make any sense, but she liked to think of it that way. "I...I s-sorry...Th-the lead--leader do-doesn't cry..." she whispered. "'m...l-leader...don't cry..." Finally turning to look at Michael, she bit at her lip in an attempt to stop the hiccups and sobs coming from her mouth. "Th--there...what...d-do...?" she tried to say, gesturing vaguely at the homes around them, hoping he got the message.
Edited by Moth, Jan 4 2011, 06:51 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
She wasn't expecting a hand to touch her shoulder. Gloria tensed up at first, unused to a near-stranger touching her like that, but when it was clear Michael wasn't going to try anything sexual or try to punch her, she slowly started to relax. Started to. Gloria sniffled again, wiping her face as her companion picked up her duffel bag. "O--Okay...cl-class rotation?" she mumbled. Speaking in "game" might be a good idea with Michael. Might make them closer, better friends...less likely to run off and leave the other--

N-Nuh-uh! Gloria thought with a shake of her head as she rose to her feet. H-He's probably, n-no, he is as scared as m-me...No, he's less scared. But we won't run off. We're a team.

Hand shaking slightly, Gloria reached out and lightly grabbed the back of Michael's shirt. "Th--thank you...I--I c-can...t-take over a-aga-gain later....'kay?" she whispered again, sniffling once more. It was only fair, after all. She turned her attention to the buildings he was referring to, mind going in a seemingly-random direction. "I--I w-wonder if....i-if there's pl-plumbing..." she mumbled faintly. "W-We're...we're a-all gon--gonna smell la-later..." Oh, but even if there was plumbing, the water might be too cold. And there might not be soap. It'd be kind of pointless to shower with no soaps. Maybe they got lucky and the people behind the game had given them deodorants and perfumes in the duffel bags. Maybe.

"A-Are we go-going inside, or...o-or just...j-just beyond th-the h-h-houses?"

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Gloria didn't know who either of those people were. Ashley who? Shepherd? She shook her head a little though, chasing that random thought away. She shouldn't focus on that. Focus on surviving instead. If she spent her time trying to think of or remember every game reference one or the other made, she might let her guard down and...

The mental image of her getting her head blown off entered Gloria's mind, and she felt a cold chill run down her spine. Hands tightening on the gun, she willed herself to stop thinking about that too. NO! None of that! You'll live, okay? You'll both live through this and go home! ....the police have to know where you are. Right? Gloria had heard about a few people mentioning this "game," but she was never into it herself. She knew next to nothing about it. Which was why it was easy for her to tell herself that police, the air force, someone would find them. They had to.

"Cut through th-the bui-buildings...'k-kay..." Gloria murmured. She looked over in the same direction Michael was, unable to help but wonder if they'd meet someone. The buildings could hide their classmates...people could use them for sleeping. Alternatively, there were a lot of seniors, so some of them had to be thinking the same thing Michael was. She just hoped anyone they ran into was friendly instead of murdero--

RATATATATATA!

"Kyaaa!" Gloria screamed without meaning to, jumping and lifting the gun at level with her chest. For a single, horrible second, she thought the gunfire was aimed at herself and Michael, and briefly pictured them both being riddled with holes. Big red holes in their chests and heads, arms and legs, red blood gushing out, probably the same way her Dad had gone ohGod...

But the firer was aiming elsewhere, they weren't even in their sight. Gloria tried to calm down, even out her breathing as Michael took her hand and ran. Don't let him find us, don't find us, Dad don't let him find us, I don't wanna die, oh God.. Her legs gave out as they reached the corner of one of the buildings, making her fall to her knees, gun hitting the ground as she dropped it. She took in gulping breaths as she tried to stop trembling, only vaguely hearing Michael talk.

"It's okay, yeah? Just, probably someone testing out their gun. 'S all. Just, you follow me lead? I'm sure it's all good."

"L-Lead...?" she whispered, looking up. Then her eyes widened behind her glasses as she saw him look around the corner--she herself was too afraid to look, too afraid to see who it was. No..No, that's a bad idea, bad! Even with the claws--Wolverine? a tiny part in the back of her mind asked--looking around the corner made him a target. And claws were no match against a machine gun!

"That, uh, wouldn't have been you shooting, would it? I mean, no judgments here if it was, but, you know, if it was, could you maybe possibly not shoot at me?"

"N-No!" she whispered hoarsely, grabbing at the back of his shirt with her thumb and forefinger. Shaking her head, she kept whispering, "N-No! N-n-no, if h-he has a...a g-gun and f-fired...he'll do i-i-it ag-again! G-Get back, p-p-pl-please get b-back, d-don't want y-you shot too..."

"Gloria, this isn't easy to say....Your father was chasing down a suspect..."

"Y-You're open..."

"The suspect was armed and desperate..."

"Get back, p-p-please..." she choked. "Y-You sh-should just r-run, not t-talk to him! Y-You'll die..."

"Your father was shot. He's gone."

"....don't l-let him shoot you..."

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Risking a peek around Michael when she didn't hear any gunshots, Gloria felt a surge of relief. He hadn't fired. He just left. Did he even see us? Gloria couldn't help but wonder. Her hand slowly loosened its hold on Michael's shirt before falling limply to the ground as she took deep, shuddering breaths.

First her closest friend had died. And then someone had fired a machine gun nearby...and they barely avoided being riddled with bullets and meeting God himself. Death was just everywhere. Gloria just hoped they didn't die--the military would get them off the island before an angry classmate did.

Or run into a corpse.

Slowly rising to her feet, Gloria tentatively reached out again, taking Michael's shoulder. "W-We...sh-should go?" she whispered. "N-Now...th-the firer m-m-might...s-still be ne-near, so....l-let's go..." she finished lamely, looking around nervously, as if thinking the gunman had teleported into the shadows near them and would step out like a movie villain.

"C-Co...c'mon..." Gloria backed up a bit before turning around to walk properly, wanting to get herself and Michael as far away from the gunman as humanly possible.

[[Gloria Benson continued in Eep..]]
Edited by Moth, Feb 13 2011, 01:25 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply