Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meet Again; All you've got is Pride and Glory. (Private)
Topic Started: Jan 3 2011, 08:40 PM (5,160 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((SImon Telamon continued from Living In the Aftermath))

Great.

All Simon had done was take a leak and some water ... and adjust his left leg. When he finally caught up with the others, well, he must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, because he still couldn't find them.

Now, he was in what seemed like a normal cul-de-sac, if it hadn't been for the collars, and the recent announcements. Turned out there had been, in the space of a day, two attempts to get back at Danya. One was Ethan Kent, who took out a couple cameras somewhere and got his collar detonated for it, but the other one was shown by an announcement in the middle of the day ... seemed some girl had managed to mess with the collars enough ... enough to detonate other collars when she took out some of the cameras. On the one hand, it now meant that he now had no way of being safe. Even if he locked himself alone inside a house with a guaranteed escape route to a safe zone on the island, his collar could still be detonated at any moment. On the other hand, if she could do it once, she could do it again.

He leaned against one of the houses when he caught sight of something in the distance. He squinted to see two figures. They were approaching, but he couldn't make out anything of note. All that he knew was that it was two people. Simon went around the house he was at, blocking them from his view for a few seconds, going slightly towards them to get a better angle. He hid by the next house, quickly peering outside, taking note of what seemed to be ... something held by one of the two. He couldn't tell exactly what it was, but it didn't seem like a good something as he pulled himself back behind the building.

Just stay out of sight for now ...
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Simon watched, relieved, as the pair walked into a house ahead of him, having not noticed him. He breathed a sigh of relief as he pulled back, wiping the sweat from his brow before peering out momentarily to see ...

Oh, shit. They were being followed. Okay. It wasn't just that. It was the person following them. Clio. She turned into the same house after pulling out two guns. Simon pulled back again, cursing the chain of events in motion. Had this been any other psycho killer with five acknowledged kills, Simon would have run like hell. Of course, things get slightly fuzzy given that Simon had been dating said psycho killer.

On the one hand, he could leave right now. He'd be safe, but it would leave the question of what happened to Clio and the pair inside. On the other hand, if he intervened, he put himself in danger, he could cleverly stop anything from going wrong ... or he could die having accomplished nothing. It swung either way. Live like a wimp, or risk death in battle. It was times like this when he envied the simple computer. Able to do whatever it was told, and it never worried about moral dilemmas. Yes/no, stay/go, decision made. Next one, please. So, Simon agonized for what was a good five minutes ... to him. In reality, it had taken about two seconds, but sometimes, stress makes time run slower.

If I die here, well, here's hoping I die I hero, or better yet, don't die. He walked up to the door of the house, and slowly pushed the door open a creak, and ...

Click.

So, die like a hero huh? ... Simon pulled himself back, decided to bravely ...

Fuck it. ... walk away as quietly as possible, stepping away from the door he was about to enter through. I'll live as a wimp.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It had actually been about what, thirty, sixty seconds since he'd left the house? Simon felt a little bit like a coward as he leaned by the side of the house and took a sip of water, but then again, he also felt like Odysseus: when the Trojan War started, Odysseus pretended to go mad to avoid getting into what he felt was nothing more than Menelaus getting all spastic because his wife cheated on him. Likewise, Simon had done what might have been the cowardly thing by walking out, but he would only get in the way and risk getting a bullet in the process. So far, in fact, nothing had happened meaning that there was some sort of standoff or everything had been resolved ...

Thump. Thumpthump. Thumpthumpthumpthump. Thump-thump. Simon quickly choked down the water he was drinking when he heard the thumping that seemed to go on inside the house.

Clack-clack. Clack. Quickly, he (against his better judgement) went over to the door that he had left not even a minute ago. Didn't have to. There was already someone there, picking up what looked like a shotgun. Not like any of the ones he had fired at Scout camp, though. The one coming to grab it, though, did look quite familiar. Clio was taking possession of the shotgun.

"Well, that was fun, wasn't it? I especially like the bit where you thought you could get away with everything you've done to me, Ivan, that was really the highlight." Clio stepped forward. Oof. Thump. Simon stepped towards the doorway, taking sight of the events unfolding: Clio was holding the shotgun to a blond guy, who was on his knees, in obvious pain.

"But now it's over. You've lost. Once I'm done with you, Tabi's gonna be a piece of cake. I mean, I don't even think anyone else would bother with killing such a pathetic, whimpering, waste of a girl. Why did you even bother with her anyway? You could have just of easily found someone who wasn't so worthless."

Clio held the gun steady, and pointed the barrel directly at the blond guy's head ...

"Oh well. At least she'll be in great hands with me. I'll give her your regards."

"What the ... Clio? What's going on here?" Simon spoke up, now almost fifteen feet directly behind her.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Clio Gabriella and Ivan Kuznetsov done with permission from Inky and MK Kilmarnock, respectively))

Clio turned around. Smiled as if, for a second, everything was going to be okay. And for that second, even though Clio was holding a shotgun to someone's head, everything was okay.

"Simo-" BANG An explosion in her side accompanied by a spray of red. And then Clio dropped the gun as she clutched her wound and fell to the ground.

"AHH! AAHHHHHH! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She reached out, calling to him. "Simon ... SIMON! SIMON! SIMON HELP ME! SIMON HELP ME, PLEASE! SIMON!" She started dragging herself across the road towards him as Simon finally snapped out of it and quickly moved towards her.

No. This is not happening! (What did you expect? She was about to make her sixth kill. Someone was likely to kill her, if only for self-preservation) Shut up, rational mind. When they got close enough, Clio wrapped her arms around his neck as he bent down and lifted her upper body slightly off the pavement as Clio lifted her head to Simon's ear.

"Simon, help me! I-I'm sorry Simon! I didn't mean to, please help me, I don't wanna die, please, do something, just help me Simon! PLEASE! Please ... " Simon squeezed his eyes shut, a desperate attempt to hold back the tears. She may have been a killer, but with all their experiences together, well, she was his killer.

"Simon, please, help me, help me, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die ... I didn't, I didn't, I-I didn't think there was another way, I just wanted to get off, Simon." Clio confessed. Was it genuine repentance? In a way, it didn't really matter as she started to lose her grip, but desperately kept herself hanging on.

"I ... Simon, just run, Simon. Just ... Clio let out a yelp before her final word escaped her lips.

"... live." Simon bowed his head. In his heart of hearts, he had forgiven Clio for her actions, whether it was deserved or not. He looked at the now limp form of his girlfriend, only then noting that his left hand was now clasped around something. He opened it to reveal the key that Clio, in her dying breath had moved his hand around.

To My Heart.

"I want you to back away. ... Please. There's nothing you can do for her now." The other guy stated. Simon hung his head as he lowered Clio to the ground, and removed her necklace from her neck and placing it around his own.

"You don't think that I realize that?" Simon asked, betraying no emotion, if only due to the fact that the emotions that were going through him were in such a mish-mash that he he didn't know what he was feeling.

Had Simon been thinking about it, he would have thought of the tale of Orestes. His father was Agamemnon, his mother was Clytemnestra. Anyone familiar with those two characters knew of the tale of Agamemnon's death - killed by his own wife - depending on the source, either because Clytemnestra had fallen in with Aegisthus, or because Agamemnon had sacrificed his daughter Iphigenia for good winds.

A lesser known tale was the Orestia, the trilogy of Greek plays surrounding Orestes' reaction to that event. The decision for Orestes would have been easy had Agamemnon been murdered by anyone other than Clytemnestra - avenge his father's death by killing the one responsible. However, Clytemnestra, Orestes' mother, had been the killer, and matricide was a huge taboo in Greek society. So the decision came - was Orestes going to be a traitor to his father, or his mother's killer?

That was how Simon was feeling - one the one hand, someone had just killed Clio, Simon's girlfriend, and not simply for the sex. On the other hand, the chances were that whomever had shot Clio had done so in self-defense. In short, he could either do what could be seen as a betrayal to the girl he loved, or he could avenge what could be seen as a pretty justified kill. So the question was, as Simon stood there by his now-dead love, along with the guy with the shotgun, was which course of action - retreat or revenge?

Orestes had chosen revenge, but Simon ...

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
... Simon chose retreat. There was a part of him that so badly wanted to run at Ivan and kill him right back, even though he couldn't have been responsible for Clio's death, but there were two things working against that: first, there was the shotgun. Simon didn't know how far he was going to get, but the only answer he could think of was "not very." Second, Simon had to swallow the bitter pill that Clio wasn't a helpless victim - in fact, Clio was clearly the aggressor, and Simon's (un)timely intervention had probably saved two people.

"Don't follow me. If you try and hurt her, I'll rip off your leg and beat you to death with it." Ivan turned to enter the building and took a few steps before turning back towards Simon.

"You can have some time with ... her." Simon looked down.

If I went after you, good sir, which I honestly thought of doing, I hope you rip off the left one. Then I could take it back and show you what pain feels like.

"Why, thanks. You're so kind," Simon mumbled sarcastically. He knelt down, putting a hand to Clio's face, and closing her eyes for the last time. He never thought he'd be doing this, or at least, not before retirement age. Simon looked at Ivan, who was with someone else, possibly the shooter. It wasn't a very good idea to sneak up on them, but then again, it felt so right. Simon just sighed as he stood up, adjusted his bags, and walked out of there, a somber resolve on his face as he remembered Clio's final moments.

I'm going to live through this game, Clio. For you.

((Simon Telamon continued in And I Need You To Recover ...))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply