Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All's Fair; Private
Topic Started: Jan 2 2011, 07:24 PM (3,967 Views)
Yvaine
Member Avatar
Me? Why, what a wild and crazy accusation! No no, it was that OTHER girl.
[ *  * ]
((Victoria Logan, continued from Stay Frosty))

Oh God, oh God, what did she do? How could she have been so stupid, so completely and totally stupid? There was one way one way and one way only she would be able to stay alive on this island, and she blew it. No, not just blew it, took that one chance out behind a shed and shot it. She as good as took the gun to herself. All because she was too much of a fucking coward to stand by the one person she could count on.

She felt sick, gut punched. All she wanted to do was find someplace quiet to just curl up and disappear. She’d screwed up so absolutely, there was hardly anything else to do. God, she’d abandoned Alice. Alice, of all people! When Alice had needed her, she’d ran, ran away crying. Call it self-preservation, call it cowardice, call it whatever you wanted, but she’d still abandoned the woman she loved. Even if it would have meant her death, shouldn't she have stayed behind? Wouldn't it have been better to die with Alice then all alone? No need to answer, she already knew she was right.

Of course, that didn't make her go back. Even as each step away from the town square was leaden with guilt and regret, she kept going. Alice would want her to survive, right? Yeah, Alice wouldn't want her dying in bloody Mexican stand-off. Right? Her flight was...understandable. Excused, even. Right? Oh God, please let it be right. Don't let this all be for nothing.

She'd made it maybe a mile away before her body decided that it was done for now. Right in the middle of the street, Vic sank to her knees. Her chest was heaving, the tears flowing freely, the only thing on her mind was Alice and how she had betrayed her. It didn't matter that Alice wouldn't see it that way, that was was Vic had done. Alice trusted her, relied on her, believed in her, and Vic had in turn left her to die. That was lower then low, it was the worst thing she could have done. It didn't matter much if Alice wanted her to live, Vic deserved to die for that alone.

After a while, she lost any track of time she might have had. Not long after that, any recognition of her surroundings fell away too. A part of her hoped someone would happen along and put her out of her misery, but she couldn't be that lucky. It was impossible to tell how long she was crouching there, crying and cursing her cowardice. Chances were good that she would have remained there until someone did come along, at least until she caught the faint whisper of voices nearby.

Good. Bring 'em on. Let walk right over and put a bullet in the back of my fuckin' head. What the fuck else should I expect? Even considering that, Vic managed to climb to her feet on stiff and unsteady limbs. She left the bags lying in the street, because either way she wouldn't need them. Either whoever was inside would kill her or they wouldn't. Maybe they were good people? Maybe Alice had come back from the dead to give her a second chance?

Vic pushed the door open to the building she had thought the voices were coming from. Her hand found the revolver, Alices' revolver, holding it loosely at her side. Her eyes looked on the two figures at the top of the stairs, and everything fell into place. Well, recent events anyway. She saw the boy from before, Raidon, the one who fucked everything up, the asshole who fucked up the rendezvous plans,. the motherfucker who shot Alice. Whatever part of a person it was that decided to shoot some in cold blood, Vic tapped into it. Maybe he wasn't the one who killed Alice, but he damn well tried. That was enough.

Vic raised the gun, settling squarely on Raidon. She held it one-handed, like Clint Eastwood, like Dirty Harry, like every fucking gunslinger to grace the silver screen. He hadn't noticed her, so she might as well have had all the time in the world. She eased back the hammer, her finger settling on the trigger. At the last second, she decided that she couldn't watch, didn't want to watch. The bastard had shot Alice and she was going to shoot him in turn, but she still didn't want to see him die. Maybe she should have. She turned away, her finger jerked back on the trigger with all the finality and force she could muster. The gun barked, the barrel jumped, and the bullet missed.
V4
B092 - Brennan, Etain---The Docks
G086 - Logan, Victoria---The Beach: East
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Noticed that now, did you?" Raidon asked, laughing a little. "Noticed that after you finished kissing it?" He lifted up the injured hand to show the missing finger, uncovered and somewhat raw. "Guess I know where your focus was."

Why was he being so spiteful? Why so much hate? Was he even angry? Was he even offended? Was he just scared?

"I tried to do it without hurting anyone," he said simply. "One gun's not gonna give me the edge on this island, not like when there are killers like-"

Like Maxwell Lombardi.

He broke off, swallowing, his vision going hazy with rage. Lombardi. Maxwell Lombardi. The man who'd shot Simon down, well, Raidon would see how long that-

"I tried to get their gun," he said simply. "And...and once I'd tried, I couldn't..." If he'd walked away, he would have been shot. He was sure of it, absolutely sure of it, you couldn't trust other people, except if he was absolutely sure of it than why was he working so desperately to justify it to himself.

"Shot one of them," he said slowly. "She's not...she hasn't..."

She hasn't been on the Announcements yet.

"I don't think she's dead," he continued. "But things...things got very hazy." He rubbed at his head. "And this part of me, this...I couldn't have..."

Couldn't have trusted them, but did he really have any proof that-

The concussive blast of the bullet shattered all consciousness, all doubt and fear. The bullet bit into the wall next to him, sending hard flecks scattering across his cheek. He reacted without thinking, hurling himself to Mizore and wrapping her arms around her. His eyes flickered to his right; there were slots in the railing, whoever their assailant was only had to move to fire, they could only have come from the door, they didn't have much time-!

He grabbed Soryu, hauled her to the bathroom, ignored his arms groaning in protest and the scream of fire that worked its way out from his pinkie the moment his grip tightened around her.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

storyspoiler
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
"Noticed that now, did you?" Raidon asked, laughing a little. "Noticed that after you finished kissing it?" He lifted up the injured hand to show the missing finger, uncovered and somewhat raw. "Guess I know where your focus was."

Why was he being so spiteful? Why so much hate? Was he even angry? Was he even offended? Was he just scared?

"I tried to do it without hurting anyone," he said simply. "One gun's not gonna give me the edge on this island, not like when there are killers like-"

He was stopping and starting, stuttering, trying to justify himself. And Mizore, Mizore smiled grimly, because she'd seen this shit before.

"…I couldn't have…"

Liar.

Maybe she was in love with him, maybe she'd just been rejected by him like the most uncool kid on earth, but that didn't mean she couldn't tell when he was talking absolute bullshit.

And what kind of edge is two guns going to give you anyway? Put a pistol in each hand and shoot like John Wayne? Unless I'm way mistaken, you don't even know how to do that.

"Bullshit." She said.

But he didn't hear her, because a bullet was going into the wall behind him.

And he grabbed her, squeezing her (ow), and practically threw them both into the bathroom, and at this point Mizore thanked herself for anger, because she could stay the fuck calm in all of this. Which, in her case, meant pushing Raidon off her as soon as they got into the bathroom (she may have pushed him pretty hard, she might feel bad about that later) and running back out the bathroom door, like any dumb pacifist, right into where bullets might come whizzing at her.

Well, if she was going to be shot, she was going to be shot where people knew what they were shooting.

A thing that many people don't know about Mizore Soryu: she's a free runner, and a fairly competent one. Endurance isn't her strength, but technicals are. Which means that she can run, put her arms onto the banister, straight as girders, jump, swing her legs between her arms, and end up sitting on the top of the banister, arms holding her there, looking down at the hallway, where Victoria Logan was standing, pointing a gun to the top of the stairs with a tormented look on her face.

"Hey," Said Mizore. "Are you okay? You look pretty fucked-up. And can you please not shoot me? I did some of the pretty paintings downstairs, so I'm obviously worthwhile to society, or something, and if you want to shoot me later, I'll let you, I guess. I don't have any weapons on me."

Victoria looked at her wildly. Oh great. Mizore had no desire to try dodging bullets; it didn't seem like a plan that worked, especially with sparkly jeans, sparkly hair, and a very loud t-shirt. Well. More goddamn talking.

She looped her legs around the banister, used that for balance while she put her hands up. "I'm going to jump down there. I'll keep my hands up. Is that okay?"
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Yvaine
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Vic looked back at the sound of running feet. There was no dead body, no blood splatter on the wall, so it was pretty clear she missed. That was...good? She wanted Raidon dead, and she didn't want him dead. Hell, maybe she just didn't want to be the one to do it? Well, if that was the case, wish granted! He was still alive, and so was the chick he was with. Good shootin', Tex!

They were both still alive, so where did that leave her? Aside from standing at the foot of the stairs and staring at the gun with wild eyes, that was. Maybe she should run? She fucked up, take that as a sign? Besides, she didn't really want to kill anyone, did she? No, no, this was just an ill-planned accident, one that she'd like to forget about as quickly as possible. Raidon hadn't killed Alice, and going after him wouldn't do anything to assuage her guilt.

She should...she should leave. She should get the hell out of there. Raidon had a gun too, and he'd no doubt be looking to get her back. Despite everything, she didn't really want to die yet. Not that there was anything else she could do, but she didn't want to die. Self-preservation started to kick back in and she took a quick step back, holding the gun toward the stairs just in case.

God, she was so stupid! What the hell was she doing here anyway? Raidon hadn't killed Alice, that asshole back in the square did. It should be him that she went after. Not to say Raidon was innocent, but he was from the person she wanted. She took her shot and she failed. Might as well move on, instead of trying again. So long as he didn't recover quickly enough to shoot her, that is.

Fortunately for her, or maybe unfortunately if ended up delaying her until the guy with the gun came back around, the girl called after her first. Vic wheeled around, the gun settling in the girls direction. She would say on the girl, but after her first try...Still, the girl didn't look armed. At least in her experience, people with weapons were fond of showing them off. They guy on the beach, Raidon, the prick in the town square. All the same, Vic kept backing up.

"Just, stay away from me, alright? I wasn't, I wasn't trying to hit you." Wasn't the gun supposed to make her feel brave? Wasn't it, like, power in one small container? If that was true, why was she still so scared? The girl didn't mean her any harm, that much was obvious. That didn't stop Vic's hand from shaking, or her heart from racing. "Look, I just want to leave, okay? I, fuck, I really don't want to try shooting anyone again."
V4
Posted Image

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The surprise Raidon might have had at his heroic gesture was somewhat mitigated by the push which followed it. Raidon was not very heavy, so Mizore's push not only got him off of her but also slammed him against the wall, hitting the place on his head where he'd fallen with special force.

A burst of stars, multi-colored sparks flaring in front of his eyes as darkness encroached on the edges of his vision. Mizore was stepping out, over and past him. He stayed where he was for two or three seconds, hearing only the pulse of his rushing blood and the hammering of his heart in his chest. He didn't want to get up, he didn't want to think; the idea of sleeping (and he'd had so little sleep) was so tempting, he almost lusted after it...

Not yet.

His eyes, which had been slowly closing, sprung open.

You've come too far to die now.

Ignoring the new wash of pain he got to his feet, scooping the gun up from where it was on the ground. He took a moment to breathe and listen; he hadn't heard a gunshot when she'd left the bathroom, and as the fog of darkness and agony left him he realized that they were talking to each other, just outside.

You don't lack for boldness, do you, Soryu?

He stepped out.

The bathroom was just off the stairs, and within two seconds he could see to their bottom. Soryu was at the top, sitting on the banister. She really did look pretty, he noticed distantly--precariously balanced on the verge of a nine foot drop, bright and alive even through the dirt on her face and clothes.

At the bottom of the stairs, light streaming in from the open door behind her, was Victoria Logan, gun in hand.

You were right from the beginning. You couldn't trust them.

He lifted his gun and fired--two rounds in quick succession.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

storyspoiler
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Two shots, from behind her.

Mizore gasped, choked air, and fell.

Banister. She was on a banister. And two shots startled her, made her jerk back one of her legs, and suddenly she was in free-fall, instinct kicking in almost early enough.

She caught herself on her leg, dropped and rolled, smashed her kneecap clumsily against the floor, and screamed. And then the scream turned into coughing, so much coughing, because Victoria was bleeding, and it wasn't in a good place, no it wasn't in a good place, and Victoria was gasping, and Mizore was trying to remember things she knew about medicine breathe in cider vinegar to mitigate the effects of tear gas, make sure everyone has taken out their contacts, don't panic but what did she know about someone who'd apparently been shot?

She crawled over, screaming in pain at her knee (because why the fuck should she not be screaming, it hurt) and got to Victoria, bleeding Victoria, looking up at her with glassy eyes. The blood was coming somewhere from her chest, spurting, much more actively than Mizore thought it should be and she grabbed something what did she have? pulled off her shirt and pressed it down on Victoria's chest and said "it's gonna be alright. It's gonna be alright."

She'd been here before. Protests and raids. The most important thing to do was not to panic.

She was panicking. She was trying to calm Victoria down, but she could hardly see her over her own tears because Raidon, it was Raidon and what had she been thinking, that he would magically stop killing people as soon as she showed up? He's a killer, he's a killer but fundamental attribution error was stupid, God, Mizore was stupid, Mizore was stupid.

"It's gonna be alright." She said. "It's gonna be alright."

But it wasn't going to be alright.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Yvaine
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Everything went to hell so quickly, it took Vic a second to realize that she'd been shot. Twice.

One second, she was backing away from Mizore, inching her way to the door and away from Raidon and his gun and this stupid decision. If she made it out, once she made it out, she'd go back for Alice. Dead or alive, if Alice was still there, Vic would never leave her again. Running off the first time had been a terrible mistake, and one she wanted to remedy as soon as possible. She'd find Alice and never leave her side, not until some opportunistic piece of shit took the decision out of her hands.

Then there were two sharp cracks from the top of the stairs. Before she even had a chance to question what was making the noise, her legs stopped working. Then she was falling, then hitting the ground, then pain. It started to sink in that Raidon recovered a little quicker then she'd have liked around the same time she started to gasp for air. He'd probably only glanced her. Sure, that was it. If he was as accurate as Vic was, no question, it was barely an injury. The wind was knocked out of her, was all. Just give her a second, and she'd be back on her feet.

------------------------

Vic grinned up at Alice as she screamed and shuddered. "I take it you approve?" The smaller woman asked as she climbed out of her spot between her girlfriends legs. All that deep talk before about forgiveness and love, it was the least she could to lighten the tension some. Maybe even have a chance to show Alice her appreciation for loving her like she did. Whatever the reason, it was her pleasure almost as much as it was Alices'.

Vic climbed up the bed, deciding the forgo the slinky crawl for once, especially considering Alice was hardly in any shape to see it. Alice was lying there, her eyes closed, her chest heaving, a alluring flush across her cheeks. She looked good enough that Vic wanted to go again, but there was no harm in giving Alice time to recover. She settled in next to Alice, an arm thrown around her shoulder.

After the talk of her past, Vic assumed they were done with discussion for one evening, but there was something else she had to say. For once, it wasn't something fueled by shame or guilt, which in and of itself was a nice change of pace. She smiled up at Alice, looking as calm as she ever did before, even while her heart was racing.

"I love you, Alice. More then I've ever loved anyone. I mean, I tell you that all the time, but I want you to know I mean it. You're, hell, Alice, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. You made me a better person. You really are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you. So much. You don't have to worry about me running off or abandoning you. I'll love you until the end of the world."

-----------------

She had meant it, too. Alice was the most important person in her world, she hadn't meant for it to be like this! This wasn't how it was supposed to be! They were supposed to graduate together, go to college together, all that stuff you see in old romantic movies. It wasn't supposed to end with her dying after taking a shot at the guy who tried to kill Alice. This wasn't, it just wasn't fair. She was supposed to get her second chance, one to go back to Alice, to set things right.

This was all wrong.

-----------------

It was like something out of Back to the Future. She didn't know who picked Earth Angel to serenade the students at Bayview prom, but she certainly wasn't complaining. All that was needed now was a little Johnny B. Goode. And there was Alice in in her little black dress. Combine that with the black lipstick and hint of eyeshadow, Alice cleaned up nicer then one would expect. She almost looked like a new woman. Judging by the look on her face, she probably wished she was a new woman too. Considering where the hem of the dress stopped, it was already a minor miracle that Vic got her to leave the apartment at all. Not that Vic minded the view.

Her arm was draped around Alice's shoulder, and she was showing her off to anyone who glanced in their direction. Of course, she could show off after the song. She wasn't going to miss an opportunity to give Alice a whirl. She threw her other arm around Alice's neck, gently guiding Alice in her first time really dancing. "You look beautiful, Alice." That earned her a smile and blush, and it was all Vic could do to keep the kiss she gave Alice publicly acceptable.

This was, well, perfect. Perfect. A word that she normally relegated to marathon sex sessions or that euphoria after some X. But in comparison to this, that all seemed...fake. Holding Alice close, swaying in time to the song playing around them. It was like they were the only people in the world. She would trade everything for more moments like this. Like she said, perfect. She guessed that was what love was like. Not just great sex and lots of lustful stares. Moments like this, where time seemed to slow down and everything was great. Moments she never wanted to end.

"I love you, Alice." Her voice was a whisper, but she knew Alice heard her.

--------------

She wished she had never talked Alice into going along on the senior camping trip. It'll be fun!, she said, a last chance to see the people from school, she enthused. Alice didn't want to go, that was clear, but went along because it made Vic happy. She thought back to prom, to that perfect moment in each others arms. She wanted to be home, with Alice. This wasn't how this was supposed to be. They were supposed to grow old together, or at least grow older together. She wanted a second chance. More then anything else, she wanted a second chance. A chance to show Alice that she was the only woman in the world. A chance to to stay with Alice, even if it meant dying.

Vic's vision swam, blurred, then cleared. There was someone hovering over her, telling her she'd be okay. Everything else seemed dulled, distant, unimportant, everything except the woman hovering over her. Alice? No, couldn't be. There was no such thing as serendipity and Alice was already dead. Because Vic had abandoned her. Because Vic was a gutless coward.

But it was Alice. She'd come back, from the dead or wherever she went when Vic fled. Back to give her a second chance. Vic managed to take her hand, her grip weak and trembling. She offered a smile, beatific and as close to at peace as possible. Because Alice had come back. Maybe Vic had it in her to leave Alice, but Alice wouldn't do the same. "I...I'm h-happy to see you again, Alice." Vic coughed and even managed to ignore the pain, because Alice was back. "I'm sorry I left you before. I-i'm sorry I ran away. I can't tell you how happy I am that you gave me another chance." With considerable effort, Vic managed to lift her hand, running it lovingly over the cheek of the woman above her. "Thank you for coming back."

She wanted to look away from the terrified expression on the woman's face, but she couldn't. If she was going to die, it would be knowing Alice was still with her. Vic's hand tightened on Alice's for a few fleeting seconds. "I love you, Alice. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm leaving you behind again. I love you, so much. I wish, I wish we were still at home, back at your place." She felt a tear well in her eye, and she was surprised that it was the first. "I'm sorry Alice. I wish we had more time."

G086 - Victoria Logan - Deceased
V4
Posted Image

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jacob Charles continues from Stay Frosty))

Even though it really wasn't a big town, squat compared to the city he'd never left in his entire life, Jacob Charles still found himself completely lost. Houses. Lots of houses. And not one of them even tried to tell him where his stuff was. You know, it probably wasn't the original intention to make them look so similar, hell most of them had different floors, different paint jobs, one or two even had a garage, but what the hell was making this search so hard?

He'd taken a look inside every available house.

House number 1.

Nothing there.

House number 2.

Locked.

House number 3.

Occupied.

Like hell he was going around finding people on his own, it was hard enough trusting Colin and Tim, and the only reason he did was because they saved him from doing something he now regret.

Okay, house number 4.

Nothing.

House number 5.

That was up next-

Two loud gunshots ripped through the air, freezing Jacob in his tracks.

FUCK!

He hit the deck immediately. Not the smartest idea, really, cause now he couldn't run. Jacob knew he was just freaking target practice, like that squirrel his mum showed him in the backyard when he was 8. Little thing was just scratching its nuts (not the way most of the kids when he was 8 thought), and never stood a chance under Teagan Charles's Garand.

Well, after the follow-up shots never came, he safetly deduced that he wasn't gonna share the fate of that nut-scratching squirrel.

No more shooting, but the shots did seem to come from House number 5.

...damn, I'm gonna go in there, and then I'm gonna immediately not wanna go in there. I know it.

Jacob lifted himself from the house's yard, and bolted towards the door.

Okay, okay, okay, people with guns, people who are probably gonna kill me, people who ain't gonna know who they're dealing with.

He reached the door. And...

Aww, hell...

It was Victoria. He'd only just seen her leave at the fountain, and...fuck, she was dead. The girl was standing over her, some other girl he didn't know. Of course, he wasn't about to write up an encyclopaedia on everyone he met at Bayview, how the hell was he expected to remember everyone he'd met on top of his friends and Pai-other friends and his gym mates and his other friends and everyone else he knew from class?

But he wasn't thinking about how much he didn't know the girl there. What he was watching was a dead girl, lying in a pool of her own blood, reaching out, begging, enclasping a ring in her boyfriends hands as she tried to get out her last words, while her killer stood over her, sneering, yelling, trying to get them away from her as they tried their best to help the girl lying on the ground, all the while the people at the door watched in awe as a girl they barely knew died in front of them by the hands of someone they should have thought they knew and Jacob was left there, speechless as he watched the scene.

...killer.

Murderer.

MizorekillerkillerkillerkillerkillerkillerkillerkillerkillerSoryu was standing there, looking all the more incriminating every moment.

Jacob's hands clenched.

He grit his teeth.

He charged at the girl, ready to get rid of the gun she must be hiding.

All the while, he had no idea Naoko Raidon even existed.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Soryu!" Raidon yelled, barely able to hear his own words over the ringing in his ears. She had pitched over the banister and Raidon was after her in an instant, pounding to the edge.

By the time he'd gotten there she was already moving along the ground, dragging one damaged leg behind her and screaming as she moved. Raidon felt the blood in his veins turn to ice, a glacier forming in the pit of his stomach and making its implacable advance to every one of his limbs. He watched as she made her way to Victoria Logan, crying, tearing off her shirt to try and staunch the blood. Raidon watched, the cold still rising in him and weakening him further.

It was Logan who stopped Soryu from moving. Started to speak, though Raidon couldn't hear what she was saying. Lifted a hand to Soryu's cheek and caressed her cheek. Raidon watched this, held himself completely still on the hand fell back to the ground. Victoria's lips didn't move anymore; her chest ceased to rise and fall, as well.

He'd killed her.

As though there were another choice. She came after you.

Because I hurt the girl she loved.

You tried to settle it without killing them. Accept responsibility.

Accept responsibility. Right.

He swallowed and moved to the stairs, starting to descend them as soon as he reached them. It didn't matter if she hated him right now; she had fallen because of him, and Raidon would be damned if he let her try and run away on an injured leg or something. She could run after he treated her, if she chose. For now, he was going to-

The door slammed open.

Raidon lifted his head. There was a boy standing there--Jacob, Raidon thought. Strong-looking, muscular. Staring at Victoria Logan and the bloodstained Mizore Soryu.

Who he immediately charged at.

Without a thought, Raidon lifted his gun.

Raidon couldn't see a weapon in Jacob's hand. Maybe he could have been talked down. Maybe he could be prevented some other way. But here, on this island, Raidon had realized that there was no time for second-guessing, no time for diplomacy, no time for stupid wastes of time. Victoria Logan had sought Raidon out and fired without hesitation; Raidon had extended her the same courtesy. Jacob, likewise, was racing towards Mizore Soryu.

And the fact was that Raidon was not going to tolerate that.

He pulled the trigger before Jacob had crossed halfway across the room. The trigger clicked emptily, devoid of any accompanying gunshot, and Raidon's eyes flashed wide.

Oh sweet fuck I never reloaded.

So he was now holding an empty gun while Jacob charged towards Soryu and sonofabitch he was not going to let that happen because he had dropped his useless gun on the stairs and he was already running forwards without thinking about the consequences, without thinking about his sense of self-worth or the fact that he'd killed or about how stupid he had been to forget to reload He vaulted over Mizore, slipped when he hit the ground and fell to one knee. Ignoring Jacob (hard to do; his steps thundered in his ears), he searched the ground for...

There. Victoria Logan's gun. Did it have any bullets left in it? What did he do if it didn't? What could he-?

Raidon lifted the gun from where it had fallen, aimed it towards Jacob (so close now that Raidon really could see the whites of his eyes) and fired. There was no empty click, this time around.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderermurderermurdererMURDERER-

He never entertained the possibility of her not being alone, not having back up. What, was he supposed to think that there was another murderer hanging about the room? Why? She looked as guilty as guilty could be, standing over Paige's body, in a pool of blood while he was there. He was right there!

He could stop her, just try and get the gun away from her. That would be the first step. He'd go and get Colin and Tom, and they'd...he wasn't sure what they'd do.

Colin's killed before, right? He must know wha-

What Jacob didn't know about the scene was where a third party was. As he almost reached the girl with his arms, he appeared.

It was at the last second, almost literally. He could almost see the individual streaks in her hair. And then...out of nowhere, he saw someone else appear.

He didn't know it was way too late for him. He never even finished his last train of thought before he saw the gun.

Every little trail of fear from a house just not like this one reached back inside of him and took ahold. This fear only extended to his face, when he realised too late he'd made the last stupid blunder he'd ever make.

HOLY FUCK ON A ST-

The round ripped through his chest, puncturing his heart, and out his back. Jacob jolted back, forcing his cap off his head, and without even the chance for final words, final thoughts, or even a brief look of shock, he collapsed backwards to the ground, the breath well and truly knocked from his system.

Jacob Charles was well and truly with his girlfriend now.

A few seconds later, his cap floated back down to the ground, landing right on his face.

MALE STUDENT NO. 118 - JACOB CHARLES: DECEASED

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply