Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bloodgarden; An endless dedication... (CONTENT WARNING)
Topic Started: Dec 24 2010, 06:47 PM (12,066 Views)
chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
OOC: This is just before the two notice the struggle)

(Raine continued from It knows nothing of Whim)

Raine couldn't count the minutes that passed with Ridley and her running in the tunnels. Each one of them had possibly made a wrong guess at a turn in their attempt to catch up to Rena. Deep down inside, Raine knew that they wouldn't find her. It was because Rena didn't want to be found. Rena had made it clear that she believed Ridley was inhuman and that Raine herself was crazy. Was she crazy though? Was she crazy to stay with Ridley for so long?

The rays of the sun dipping down into the horizon appeared in the corner of Raine's eye. Squeezing Ridley's hand, she led him toward the light and they both stepped out into a wooded area. The breeze felt cool on Raine's skin but it was a warm cool rather than the cold damp feeling she had back in the caves.

"We're finally out, Ridley..." Raine in a sudden excited fit, wrapped her arms around Ridley and hugged him tightly. Her face pressed to his chest, Raine closed her eyes. "No more naps in the tunnels, no more feelings of being lost..."

She then looked up to him and felt her face blush red. In the rays of the dying sun, Ridley looked a little like the heroes in the comics he had lent her. "I'm glad I'm still with you."
Current Students:
Raine Schwarz~ [color=#ee4a2dDeceased]"I always loved you.".[/color] G089~Coastal Woods~Blood Garden~Speargun
Daniel Blessing~ Deceased "Cheerio Motherfucker!"B109~The Cliffs~ Cross to Bear~Korth Pistol(9mm) (10 shot magazine, x4 magazines)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
"No...It's all right Ridley. You needed to keep calm." Raine closed her eyes, letting his hand drift through her hair. Only then did she look up at him again. "This is a thank you, for everything." Raine stood up on her heels to softly press her lips to his. It was something that deep down subconciously she wanted to do.

But then there was that scream.

Raine turned and looked in the direction of the scream. "Someone's in trouble..." Raine shook a little, her feet teetering from staying and sprinting. Licking her lips, Raine remembered her words from before. "Eva. Ridley, we can do this right? We can help someone!" She turned to face him. "Let's go! It might be Rena for all we know!"

Pivoting on her feet, Raine launched into a sprint toward the scene of the scream.

Current Students:
Raine Schwarz~ [color=#ee4a2dDeceased]"I always loved you.".[/color] G089~Coastal Woods~Blood Garden~Speargun
Daniel Blessing~ Deceased "Cheerio Motherfucker!"B109~The Cliffs~ Cross to Bear~Korth Pistol(9mm) (10 shot magazine, x4 magazines)

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Raine ran through the woods. She could hear Ridley call after her from behind, but she couldn't wait for him. A life could not wait for Ridley. A memory popped into her head of times where she tried to get Ridley to run with her, succeeding maybe half the time. She enjoyed those runs where they would stop at a cafe afterwards and cave into their sweet tooth cravings. A favorite of hers was always the strawberry shortcake. They would duel with their forks to see who would get the last strawberry, with Raine winning more than half the time because Ridley was a gentleman.

Her speargun was dropped to the ground. It weighed too heavy for her to be able to run effectively. Besides, she could just talk to her classmates right? They would understand and maybe they could survive together? What she saw though was the complete opposite. A boy was dominating a female classmate whose arm looked broken.

"Wha..." Raine's hand rested on her lips as her eyes widened and face paled. The boy was quick though. He was huge, meanacing and towered over her easily. His appearance was monstrous, dwarfing her with blood red eyes. Were they blood red eyes? Was Raine just that scared?

]"WHO THE FUCK!?"

Raine wanted to cry just then and there. Her heart raced so fast and she wanted to cover her ears and fall to the ground. Before she could though, her voice found her mouth and she tried shouting out to Ridley.

"RID-ACK!"

The boy seized her blond locks and Raine tried to wrench away, her hands groping his body to dig her fingernails into them and scratch his skin. Her right foot kept kicking whether it hit the boy or hit solid air. Raine didn't know the boy's strength until everything she saw was just a big giant blur.

At one point in her life, Raine had been exposed to sandpaper. It was an interesting touch that she did not in the least like. It appeared smooth to her but was very rough to the touch. The bark of the tree was worse...much worse than that. Raine had never screamed so much in her life. Her hands reached for the tree, trying in vain to find a hold and to keep her face from dragging on further.

"RIDLEY!! RIDLEY!! AUGH!!" Raine screamed.

And screamed.

"DO. NOT. GET. IN. MY. WAY!!"

Eva...

She screamed, choking sobs running down her cheeks. Her tears caused the wounds to intesify even more.

Eva...

Screamed.

Eva...

"RIDLEY!!"
Current Students:

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Ridley....

Raine cringed as she felt the cool air sting her face. By now, she guessed...no, she knew she was bleeding. The smell of copper she remembered from the tunnels revisited her now. Except, she was the one bleeding now, not some corpse on the ground.

"Ridley..." She whimpered, cringing again as her tears mixed in with the scratches and splinters on her face. Raine tried to be strong but it was too hard...much too hard...

Okay, fine, whatever!" Ridley tossed his gun to the ground and dropped his bag from his shoulder. "If you hurt her, then you don't even want to know what I'll do to you!"

No...I don't want to see you hurt someone else. Don't ruin that image I have of you!

Raine wanted to shout so much, but all she could do was cry and whimper at the stinging pain.

"NO... NO! NO NO NO NO NO! I hate... hate... HATE... HATE... HATE... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!"

Raine didn't hear the bullet being fired. It was odd that she didn't, because you would think that she would. She did feel open air on her side, stinging blood...Her eyes just looked down at it from her side vision and she choked out a sob before letting loose an wail of despair.

"RIDLEY!" She cried, falling to the ground as Brook left her standing. Her legs crumpled beneath her and she laid there on her back, staring up into the sky. The blood kept flowing out...and out...and out.

Stop...Stop that...I need that...

To help Ridley...

Save Eva...Rena....

"I ma...made...a...pr...mise..." She whimpered to the sky, coughing. "I wanna....ke...it." Tears kept flowing from her eyes as she gripped the wound. "I...I don't....wa...die...Ridley!"
Current Students:

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Maybe it won't be so bad...Dying like this. I'm with Ridley. I saved someone's life. It's the most I could ever do just on my own...

"It's....okay. R-Ridle-ugh!!" Raine clenched her teeth as she fought to speak. "It's....better this way. Dad.....and my stepmum...They'll be...appier without...me." It frustrated her to no end that her speech sounded so screwed up."Start....anew...."

Feeling Ridley's hand on her cheek comforted Raine. She had expected him to run after Brook or just deny her death outright. There he was though, with her to the very last minute. He hadn't forgotten about her. Perhaps, it would be okay for her to move on. She wouldn't be of any use to Ridley right now bleeding out her side for the rest of the trip.

"It's...okay...What use was I....anyway?" Raine coughed again, but this time she smiled weakly. She reached up with her free hand to touch the hand Ridley had on her cheek. "Don't cry.....I'm....try....not to." Tears still stung her cheeks not for lack of trying not to cry. Reaching up to her neck, Raine pulled off the necklace she wore with the cross on it and held it out to him.

"I'll...never forget you." Raine spoke in whispers now. "I'll...always love you and be with you. Thank you....Ridley..." With the last of her strength, Raine struggled to reach up and managed to at least kiss Ridley's cheek. She rested back on the ground and looked up at the sky.

"Mum...?" She sounded surprised and confused. "Mum..." A peaceful smile eased onto her lips as she closed her eyes. Her chest rising and falling slowed until it came to a stop.

Ridley...

I'll always love you...For a small part of my life...I actually lived.

(G089~ Raine Schwarz, Dead)
Current Students:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply