Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bloodgarden; An endless dedication... (CONTENT WARNING)
Topic Started: Dec 24 2010, 06:47 PM (12,058 Views)
Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Rachel Gettys continued from Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.))

After hours of looking around, they hadn't found Robert. Well, after an hour at least. Then Rachel just gave up. Seriously, what kind of man just walks off from their group without telling them where he's going? At a time like this too. If he got himself killed by walking off a cliff or something, that might just be doing the world a favor.

Of course, to Neill, she kept up the pretense of continuing their search. Every so often, the two would stop to try to figure out where to go, and maybe trade notes on how they might carry out Neill's insane plan. Something about cracking collars open to see if they'd explode or not. Of course, the only collars they'd managed to come across in their trek around the island were ones that had already exploded.

Sometime during their travels, a loud voice had started announcing that there were people at the beach looking to lift students off the island. Rachel of course, had taken the opportunity to urge Neill that it was the Lord's salvation come to them, although he seemed a bit skeptical in the truth of that. Still with the hope of getting off the island, the two started toward the nearest beach, all thoughts of making their own escape thrown aside.

Hope was not meant to last. Not five minutes after they'd started moving, the loud voice announced specific names they wouldn't be taking. At this point, Rachel knew this whole escape plan was a hoax. There was no good reason for them to not take her. Sure she'd been a little bit over the top the first few days on the island, but when it came down to protecting yourself from a killer, or killing somebody because they fell on a rock instead of dirt, there was no reason for her to get lumped in with some of those other murderers.

She was still one of God's chosen. She wouldn't be forsaken by Him.

Well, it might have come out as more of a hysterical fit of screaming when she'd discovered this, but that was in the past. Now she was more composed. And still accompanied by Neill. She was mildly surprised he had decided to stay with her, but he had, and she felt glad for that. Being alone was scary.

Especially in the dark. Even with her flashlight, Rachel was far more comforted by knowing that Neill was sticking by her.

They'd lost track of the passing hours. Presumably, the moon hung in the sky, but the trees covered up any view of that. They walked until they found a small clearing, where they could see the moon and the stars, and where they could stop to rest. Rachel sat down, retrieving a bottle from her pack and taking a sip from it before sitting down in the grassy field.

The grass was red.

Rachel bolted up and her flashlight darted from side to side. More red. She dropped the bottle and reached out to Neill, trying to find somebody to hold on to. "What happened here?" she whispered.

This was not right. Not right at all.

V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Without the light of the flashlight, Rachel felt even more vulnerable. Her only consolation was that Neill was still standing close to her, and she instinctively stepped closer to him. As afraid as she was, she still needed to keep her wits up and not back down. Even if there was blood on the ground, it was likely old. There was no reason to assume that there was still any danger around. And even if there was, she could still stand up to it. God would give her the strength to face her enemies.

A voice cackled out from somewhere in the darkness, shattering the illusion of safety. Rachel's hand found Neill's shirttail, her fingers digging into the fabric, but she did not make more than a tiny squeak. With only the light of the moon from above, it was impossible to determine where the voice had come from, but she still cast her gaze around, hoping to find some clue somewhere. The voice may have been familiar, but it had been twisted too much by the maniacal laugh to place it with a name or face. "Who's there?" Rachel called out. Not that she cared enough about who it was; she just said it to give herself a jolt of confidence.

Sounds rustled from around the two, but whether it was a breeze running between the trees or a person darting behind the darkness was a mystery. Then, the mysterious voice came out again, now with less mad revel but more insane wonder. Rachel looked around again, but there was still no sign of the voice's source. Rachel wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of playing along with his games though. "We're not here to sightsee. If you don't show yourself, we're just going to leave."

With that, she nudged Neill over back in the direction they had entered from. Getting out of here was probably their best bet. Neither of them really had anything that would qualify as a weapon, and if the blood earlier was any indication, it was only a matter of time before something very bad could happen.
V5

V4

Rest in peace

G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was the hick. The one that had been killing people since about three days ago now. Rachel remembered him being more of the timid and wholly useless student council vice president. The boy could never give her a straight answer whenever she had asked him several administrative questions regarding support of GODspeed. It had seemed like a strange mixup to hear his name on the announcements so many times. Seeing him now, things made sense.

Liam was possessed.

Rachel couldn't believe her ears at Neill's bold attempt to placate the Devil's host. Did he not see how the other boy had been transformed? Did he think that one could save Liam by extending a helping hand? That was exactly how the Devil won his victories: by preying on weakness.

"No, we won't." Rachel's voice was hardened with conviction. "There is no help for you, demon. Go back to the hell you came from." Her hand left Neill's shirt and clasped the crucifix that always hung around her neck. It was only through faith in Him that she could hope to ward the Devil.
V5

V4

Rest in peace

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
"God will protect his own."

It didn't matter what everybody else was saying. The Devil did his best work through the subtlest of temptations. Liam's taunts did little to deter her. Neither did Neill's warnings. Those were just products of the Devil's work. If anything, they just served to stoke the fire of her conviction.

Rachel didn't have much else to work with besides her crucifix. When she'd done the Lord's work earlier in this ordeal, days ago, He had provided her with something for her to use. A handy rock or stick or something of the like. There was nothing like that around right now. The only thing she had on hand was Neill, but it wasn't like she could exactly swing the other boy around to smite down a demon.

She did still have her backpack though.

Years of sports training had given her more than enough speed and coordination to make use of her only weapon at hand. Her pack hurtled through the air at the possessed boy, the girl following shortly after it. All she needed to do was to get close enough to cleanse him.

She whispered a prayer as she closed in and braced her shoulder against the impact.
V5

V4

Rest in peace

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rachel's world was pain. Her leg, no her entire body, was on fire.

God, it hurt so much.

She clutched at her leg. It was wet. She could feel it leaking between her fingers. Blood. So much blood. And pain.

She tried to stand. To even move her body. But everything hurt so much.

Was this what it felt like to die?

Rachel didn't want to die. There was still so much to do. So many souls to bring to the Lord's embrace. He had asked her of it. His will had to be done.

God, she just wished that everything would stop hurting.

My child.

He was here. He had come to save her. To deliver her from this demon.

Her eyes looked up, and saw Liam pointing his gun away from her. His lips were moving. His voice was not his own.

You have failed me, my child.

That was impossible. She had done as was asked. As He had directed.

How had she failed? She opened her mouth to inquire, but the Lord's words continued from Liam's lips.

What are My commandments?

Cold shock met with fiery pain. Of course she knew them. Every good Christian should. She also knew which one she had broken.

You have blood on your hands, My child.

Blood seeped through her pants, through her fingers. But there was more than just her blood. Theodore's blood and Edward's blood. She could feel it staining her hands. Staining her soul.

This wasn't fair. She had done as she had been asked. She had been given directions and she'd followed them. Why was God turning away from her now, when she needed him the most?

You know your sin. What do you have to say for yourself?

No. She knew she had done right. It was His fault for not giving clear directions. It was His fault for forcing her to have to kill.

But if she was a sinner, she was going to Hell when she died. And if God was forsaking her now, it wouldn't be long before that happened.

So she did the only thing she knew to get out of her eternal damnation. She bowed her head and tried to will the pain away. It subsided just the tiniest, enough for her to squeak out the words of the rite: "Bless me Father, for I have sinned."
V5

V4

Rest in peace

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe Rachel had killed some people. She had sinned. But God always took back in his sinners. He always welcomed back his prodigal child and throw a feast for them. All she would need to do was confess her sins and beg for His forgiveness. It was the only time she would ever dream of begging, but heaven should be worth begging for.

"O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You," she whispered, calling on the prayer for this rite. "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell," the words hissed out from under breath, the pain of her leg threatening to drive her deeper into despair, "but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love." Rachel looked up at Liam, his words mocking her mortality. A loud crack and a dull thud shook her from her prayer.

Still, she had to continue. She had to finish the prayer, or she wouldn't be forgiven. It was just like every other Saturday, when she would say be in the confessional saying these same words. They rolled off her tongue, each one following the previous one as recorded in her memory.

Just finish the prayer, and forget the distractions: the pain, the demon's voice, the reaper's scythe.

"I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin."

A part of her mind, as it did every week, wondered what her penance would be. Would she have to pray three Our Fathers? Or maybe a decade of the rosary? It would only take a few minutes to pray. And then after she did her penance, God would welcome her back into His arms.

"In Jesus' name-"

Liam had felt that there was no need to wait to give Rachel her penance: a bullet.

G087: Rachel Gettys - DECEASED
V5

V4

Rest in peace

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply