Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Moment of Truth; Open
Topic Started: Dec 22 2010, 03:53 AM (3,163 Views)
Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
((Mike Maszer continued from Searching For Clues))

Finally.

After almost two days of extremely tiring trek, with only a single few hours break to recharge the batteries, after dealing with roots just waiting to trip his legs in the woods, and quicksands lurking at the swamp, Mike finally made his way toward the ship he noticed way back in the lighthouse.

Or rather, a sailboat. Looking at it now from a closer distance, Mike couldn't actually believe he mistaken it for a ship before. He must've been hallucinating from the pain back then, there was no other explanation. Nothing to worry about though. Ship or sailboat, it still had to be registered. It had to be have a name, and it still would be a valid clue, if he could learn it. It was time to finally test his theory. But first...

Whoa boy... Break time. I need to catch some breath.

The Pole sat down on the rock nearby and took out some food from his backpack. His rations were shrinking down. Not good. Mike hoped he could find enough clues to call the help before he would starve... Or die thanks to some lunatics running around the island.

As he munched the crackers in his mouth, the speakers were turned on. Twice. It was odd at first, considering it was nowhere near the time for another announcement, but looks like Danya had some important things to say.

As Mike listened, he experienced the roller-coaster of emotions. Through the voice of a math teacher (apparently still alive), he learned that someone named Liz Polanski managed to find a way to disrupt the collars. Awesome. Judging from her last name, she probably had some Polish ancestors, which meant she had to have a spark of genius in her, so the news should be true. Alternate way to say 'fuck you!' to terrorists was more than welcome. Then, Danya started blowing up collars, because apparently she started destroying cameras. Mike held his breath and listened closely to every name of the unfortunate students who were supposed to die in a moment. As he wasn't among them, he sighed with a relief. Looks like he will have a chance to pull of his plan anyway. Even more reassuring, he thought about terrorists completely occupied with that Polanski girl. Maybe, just maybe, they will be distracted enough to not notice his efforts, and they won't be able to cut off signal or anything, while he'll be talking directly to any government agent watching SOFT. Finally, he felt uncomfortable again, when he realized, that since the girl is destroying cameras, he might be not able to address anyone, because of that. Yet another reason to hurry.

Mike finished his 'meal', and packed all of his stuff into backpack again. He looked at the boat, mumbled something under his nose about some 'fucking clues', and slowly approached his target.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It turned out, Mike's search quest ended up more quickly than he could ever imagine. There it was, painted right on the hull, just waiting to be found. The Pole froze in place, almost as he witnessed the savior himself.

My goodness, why didn't I think about it earlier? It would be much quicker to just go here, rather than visit the lighthouse, and maybe Max would still...

Mike quickly shook his head to get away from the miserable thoughts about his dead companion. He couldn't do anything for him right now, but now he could do something for himself. And for Erik. And Fatty, whatever his name was. And everyone else.

Before he could even start putting his plan into motion though, someone interrupted him. Mike quickly turned his head toward a girl, who approached him. As much as Mike knew island's standards (hint: Not much), she looked and behaved pretty okay. No weapons pointed at him, no threats, and most importantly - no sneak attacks. It was a really nice change of pace after that encounter with Max's killer (who's name was apparently Quincy Jones, if Danya was to be believed). She asked him about seeing her brother, before giving a brief description of him. Frankly, Mike could match a third of the American teenagers to that description (except that part about the pocket knife of course), but this time he was fairly sure he didn't meet anyone like that along the way, simply because managed to meet in person only five other people (six including the girl) so far.

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell. Sorry to disappoint you."

Although he tried to come up with the most serious face possible, a giant smile from his latest discovery managed to surface on his mouth, making him look a bit like a wacko. And then, he came up with an idea. A bit stupid, but he just wanted to share his good news with someone. Also, it was a pretty good way to keep up the conversation.

"Hey, tell me..."

The Pole took a few steps toward the girl. As he noticed her cautious look, he quickly put his both hands in the air to show no ill meaning. A second later, he was already by the girl's side, and asked her:

"Do you see, what I see?"

And with an index finger, he pointed out the old black letters painted on the hull of the sailboat, mixing into a symbol of hope for every student alive, even by the name itself.

LIBERTY

((Mike's discovery, as well as the sailboat's name is staff approved))
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"No, no, no... I'm not talking about the boat itself. The boat's name is the key... Watch."

As Mike looked around, he noticed two more people. One of them was a black, muscular guy, who actually didn't look all that menacing, and...

"Oh, Cisco..."

Cisco Vasquez, his fellow goalie from the soccer team and a friend-rival by default. Maybe if they would meet during normal circumstances, Mike would freak out, and back away from him, because the announcement flagged him as a killer, but right now, he simply didn't remember about it, because he was more preoccupied with his plan.

The Pole spotted one of the cameras near the boat, and quickly approached it. It was a bit heavy, but it wasn't immobile, so Mike started to adjusting it's view to point it exactly at the 'Liberty' sign.

"Help me if you can. Find one or two more cameras and point them at the boat's name."

After a bit of a struggle, the Pole finally moved the camera so it was pointed out in the correct direction. As it was finally done, Mike entered the camera view (but carefully to not block the sight to the boat), took a few sips of the water for courage (shame it wasn't an alcohol), cleared his throat and started the phase one of his plan.

"To everyone from the government watching this, and trying to find this island and get us out of here." The Pole begun his speech. "My name is Michał Maszer, and I'm one of the students trapped on this island. I know, or at least I certainly hope so, you are trying to locate the island right now. It's a difficult task, so I want to help you as much as I can. The climate on this island should help you figure out the geographical latitude. There's no volcano here, but there is a mountain, which should also help you cross out many islands, but I'm sure you all know this by now. I just discovered something though, which was hidden from your view up until now. This sailboat..." At this point, the Pole pointed out the name with his index finger. "... Is not suitable to get us out of here, but it should help your cause. It's name is 'Liberty'. I'm not that good with the sailing to know what kind of boat is it exactly, but I'm sure you will know. Every larger boat must be registered, so this one should be no exception. Find the registers, check out for every sailboat like that, named 'Liberty'. Find the owner if he's still alive, or at least his last known location. His journals, maybe he plotted a voyage on certain waters. Whatever, that will help to pinpoint down this island. I know it's not much, but I'll try to find more. You need to hurry though. There's not much time left for us."

With those last words, Mike stepped out of the view, looked at the boat and the people who were with him. And then... Nothing happened. Just as expected. It was impossible for him to know, whether the clue was useful or not, but even if, it will take some time, before anyone will find the right course. There was nothing left for him, but to go somewhere else and search the island again.

"Okay guys, to the point..." The Pole said to the three other students with him, while sipping some more water. "Do you want to help me find more clues about this island's location? Or at least, did you found something like that name, which would help us, during those last four days?"
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Sorry Dee, I need to skip, to save Mike from the inactivity))

That one part of Mike's inner self which was responsible for his self esteem, just got pumped up to the maximum level, as the girl he encountered praised his plan. No one knew if it would really work, but it was good to know, that yet another person appreciated his work.

And then, the girl vanished in the massive arms of the black guy (apparently a long time friend and/or lover), while Cisco Vasquez decided to ruin the Pole's good mood a bit.

Oh good old Cisco... First to complain an mock, last to do anything worthwhile. It was fine, when they were battling for the first goalie spot in a soccer team, because that was a motivation to work harder and shut him up by showing who's the boss, but right now, his comment was just irritating, with no good sides hidden inside.

"What am I doing Cisco?" Mike's irritation easily leaked from his voice. "Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to get out of here. I'd rather take the chance and risk dying for that, rather than sit on my ass, and hope for one to two hundred chance to be the sole survivor. Especially, since I'm not going to..."

The Pole stopped at that point. He was going to end his sentence with 'kill anyone', but then, something he dismissed earlier came back to him with full force. He heard the announcements. He KNEW that Cisco recently joined the 'elite' group of the island killers. Was that his current plan? To kill them all, starting with Mike?

He took one step back, ready to run at the first sight of the ill-intentions from his rival.

"Actually, no... Scratch that. You better tell me, what the fuck are YOU doing. I heard the announcement..."
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Cisco's reply, instead of calming Mike down or giving him the signal to run, just confused the Pole. Orders? What orders? Who's Joe? Reaping souls? What?

Clearly, Cisco has gone mad. Mike wanted to put some reasoning in his head again, but before he could open up his mouth again, his fellow goalie asked him... Not to kill him? Then, the girl accompanying them went to defend Cisco, and asked to stop shouting, while putting Mike in the attacker's shoes.

What? Since when I became the bad guy in here?

Even though Mike had completely no idea, how and why the situation suddenly took a 180, he felt it was necessary to calm things down.

"Okay, look... As you may already noticed, my escape plan is bloodless, and I have no intention of hurting anyone, unless in self defense. So you can both calm down..."

The Pole started looking for other ways to continue the conversation. Finally, after a few seconds, he recalled the girl asking him for the next step. At least that was the one thing he know a clear answer for.

"Anyway, I'm going to continue with my plan. You like it? Feel free to go with me. Don't like it? Go the other way. After all, no one 'orders' you to stay with me..." Mike couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a stab at Cisco's crazy statements. "I want to go to the broken cell phone tower next. It had to be built for a certain phone company, so if we'll learn which one, maybe that will narrow down things a bit. If you have a better idea though, then I'm all ears."
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Ugh, sorry for the terrible delay.))

Mike nodded with amusement, as he heard the girl agreeing to accompany him, as well as Cisco's murmur of approval. He always avoided being a leader, feeling that he wouldn't be competent enough to make the right action at the right time, whether it was a football game, an important project at school, or a fight for everyone's life. In fact, seeing his previous group falling apart thanks to his lack of care about others proved that already. But despite all of this... Damn it's such a good feeling, when people agree with your ideas.

"Great. So..."

What should be the next step? They should definitely move on, and they even knew their next location, but they still had to find the optimal route to be at the cell phone tower as quickly as possible, while avoiding danger at all costs. Mike took out the compass and map out of his daypack and studied it carefully.

"Whoa boy, it ain't gonna be pretty. We have to go south-east, through the entire swamp, and then through the woods... Which are apparently a danger zone right now." Mike sighed as he examined the map. "Well, I guess we better get going. It's getting late. Let's hope the woods will be safe, as we'll come across them. Otherwise, we'll have to make a detour, and lose even more time."

After taking another two sips of the water, Mike hid everything except from compass in his pack, and started marching through the swamp. There was no time to lose. Over 100 students died already, and the Pole had only one, weak clue. At this rate, he would never make it before the end of the game.

"Try not to lose eye contact with each other, and if you do - scream. We don't want to get separated along the way..."

Again...

((Mike Maszer continued in Aching Chest and Blurry Sight))
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply