Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge is Best Served Cold; end of day 4
Topic Started: Dec 21 2010, 01:12 AM (3,678 Views)
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[Jasper-Declan MacDermott continued from She Bopped]]

How long had it been since he'd left the corpse of his fallen friend behind? Jasper-Declan wasn't sure. He'd watched the sun move its continual arc across the sky- the sun's presence, the sky itself were the only constants as he ran, the landscapes he'd paid such close attention to only earlier that day moving past him in a blur now. It had moved in a nearly perfect arc- where once it had been shining from behind, it was now hovering ahead of him, forcing him to use one hand to shield his eyes from the light.

The sun's orientation told him he was running west.

But to where?

That was the question.

He wasn't alone on his journey to Nowhereland, at least not for the entire trip. On two separate occasions he'd been joined by a voice on the loudspeakers, making the odd daytime announcement. The voices whistled through Jasper-Declan's disinterested ears, ignored but appreciated for the sad approximation of company they gave him. He didn't hear what the voices actually said, either his running past many different speakers in quick succession had distorted the sound or Jasper-Declan was simply blocking out the words unconsciously. Like a baby hearing his mother's lullaby, the tone and the presence of sound soothed him. Meaning was unnecessary.

Of course, it meant he didn't know what was happening. Of course, it meant he was never aware of exactly how close he had come to death.

He didn't care all that much. His mind was still set firmly in the off position.

Any thoughts he had were fleeting, unimportant things, brushed away quickly by the more important sensations of wind on his face and sun on his neck. He noticed the terrain change, noticed when the broken down stumps of trees were slowly replaced with the real, living thing. His pace had to slow slightly- he didn't particularly want to slam into a tree- but he never stopped moving.

Not for hours.

Until-

“Oh, really and what do we need to talk about.”

He stopped. And for the first time he let a pertinent thought stay and linger.

There are...people here. That voice belongs to a girl...and it is close.

He approached cautiously, slowing his pace dramatically and keeping himself concealed, not that doing so took much effort amongst the trees. It didn't take long for him to locate the group- they were quite nearby, after all. And what a group it was. Quite large, quite a lot of kids- four girls, two boys. Did he know any of them? He took a quick inventory of their features and-

And for a moment his mind short-circuited, because he had long before given up on this. This one hope, the hope that he'd find the one person on this island whose life had real meaning to him.

He'd given up hope and yet Alex Campbell was standing right there.

It wasn't a conscious thought that caused him to step free of his shelter, of the tree he'd hidden behind. He didn't say to himself, oh, Alex is here, I should go say hello- no, his brain was not processing any of this. It was instinct, something in his heart that sent him out. Never mind that he was holding a gun, never mind that the others might be armed and paranoid- it was so unlike him that he didn't even check-

He stepped out and spoke, only looking at Alex, oblivious of the others.

"Alexander...? Is that...really you?"

And, with a pause as a crucial observation finally got through to him-

"What happened to you...?"
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I had a fight with a lawnmower. Think it won, but I retained the moral high ground. Where've you been?"

Alexander Campbell. Always was a bit...unusual.

Jasper-Declan frowned as he considered the question for a moment. Where had he been? A lot of places, and he wasn't sure how well he remembered every one of them. But his very nature insisted that he answer the question literally and in full, which required a bit of reflection.

"I awoke on the beach. I spent a short time there, amongst several other boys who appeared to be planning an escape. However my pessimistic attitude was apparently bothersome to them and I chose not to make company amidst such animosity. I wandered northward towards the warehouses, where I met several others, chief among them Carly and George, whom I allied myself with. We proceeded towards the dead forest, but we lost George along the way. Eventually we stopped to rest, but we ran across some less-than-pacifistic individuals and so were forced to move on. In the morning, Carly went for a walk on her own. After a rather lengthy period had passed I found myself concerned, and so I went after her and found..."

Something unfamiliar pricked at his eye. What was it? Jasper-Declan wiped at it impatiently.

"...She was gone. And so I wound up here. An impressively convenient coincidence, would you not agree?"

"You’re unbelievable you know that. UN-BELIVEABLE.”

He stopped suddenly, looking to the side. The other girl's voice- what was her name? Jasper-Declan did not know her, though if he was to stay with Alex (and there was no question of that not being so) he would have to learn her name at least- cut through his thought process. She appeared to be fighting, arguing with the other girl...this one did look rather familiar, though considering her unusual appearance he figured he had most likely just seen her in the halls once or twice. Jasper-Declan saw no reason to interfere with an argument that had nothing to do with him and so turned back to Alex.

"What about yourself...? I should like to know the set of circumstances that left you so...left-handed."

He raised an eyebrow.

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jasper-Declan listened in silence as Alex explained what had happened to him. So, he had been shot. Just that thought made his gun feel heavier in his hand, making him doubt its purpose yet again. Certainly it's not for this. My best friend is now missing an arm, he can never play his guitar again, because he was attempting to help others. That is...so exceptionally like him. He smiled inwardly. I wonder...who did it? Who shot Alex? And...how was his arm amputated...?

He shuddered, possibly for the first time in his life.

That must have been so painful.

But he put on a neutral face again to listen- "It's Hayley. She's killed two people so far. The first one... she said was unintentional. But now she's done it again," Alex said, and Jasper-Declan nodded attentively. He remembered the girl, Hayley, she had been present at the majority of Alex's...shall we say get-togethers. She had always seemed nice enough, but the crucial fact to remember at this junction was that Alex had...shall we say feelings for her. Jasper-Declan could not understand himself- he was, best he understood it, at least mostly asexual- but he knew that she meant a lot to Alex. Which was why her murdering two other students was so upsetting to him.

Jasper-Declan could comprehend the thought process of normal people. It just usually took him a while.

"She might be playing. Thea might be right. But I can't let her kill her."

Ah, so Alex is staying with her to prevent her from hurting Hayley. That is quite...heroic of him. Does he have a weapon? I do not see one and I doubt he could do much with one without his right arm. How does he expect to convince Thea? With words, I supposed, but the vengeful seem nigh impossible to talk down. Perhaps that's what this gun's for.

He opened his mouth to sp-

"Wait a minute. Just where exactly did you and Alex get the idea that I was going to kill Hayley?"

The girl, Thea he supposed, went on for a while, and Jasper-Declan just looked at her in blank-faced confusion. Nothing she was saying was making very much sense at all. Where on earth would she get the idea that we are bloodthirsty? I have said nothing about her killing Hayley, and neither of us have harmed anyone. Alex appears to be attempting to create peace. And why would one ask to have their arm amputated if there were other options? Why would one get oneself shot on purpose only for sympathy? I do not understand. This girl is incorrect.

He waited patiently before speaking.

"I...do think this is a rather large misunderstanding. Neither I nor Alex have any inclination to harm you or anyone else. I am under the impression, in fact, that Alex is attempting to prevent further bloodshed."

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jasper-Declan was silent, as he often was, digesting the details of the scene occurring around him, as he was wont to do. This girl, this Thea, seemed quite unreasonable. This Charlene seemed...he didn't know exactly what to think of her. She was clearly on Thea's side, but she didn't seem to want any conflict, which was exactly how he felt, though obviously his loyalties lay with Alex. And Alex...was in love?

"But how dare you question my integrity, when all i've ever tried to do is help and all I've seen you do is argue about helping me and lead everyone out here to go hunt the GIRL I LOVE!"

Well then.

Jasper-Declan didn't understand love. Well, he understood it, in a technical sense, and he certainly loved his parents and his brother and sister, but in the teenage, affectionate, boy/girl sense, he just didn't comprehend it. But he understood well enough that Alex's feelings were strong- strong enough to be protecting a girl who had killed, more than once- and that he needed to be on Alex's side for this. Not that he would've changed sides now, for anything. He had found Alex, and he was not going to lose him now. For any reason.

Of course, Thea took issue with this explanation. Apparently one of the people Hayley had killed had been the boy Thea had loved, which made her position a bit more understandable, he supposed. She left soon after, and Charlene followed suit, leaving Jasper-Declan and Alex alone in the woods.

...What was there to say?

"...Alex," he said, speaking slowly. "Let's go. It is...getting quite late. We must find a place to rest."

He began to walk, making sure that Alex followed.

"So..."

Jasper-Declan hesitated. Speaking this way was not his forte. He wasn't much for casual conversation. But...

"...How long have you been in love with Hayley...?"

[[Jasper-Declan MacDermott and Alexander Campbell continued in Our Last Days As Children]]

[[END OF THREAD]]
Edited by Hollyquin, Feb 17 2011, 10:10 PM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply