Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge is Best Served Cold; end of day 4
Topic Started: Dec 21 2010, 01:12 AM (3,680 Views)
nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
(Alexander Campbell continues from Cleanliness and Loneliness)

Step followed agonised step as Alex tried to walk unsupported. He'd been helped for most of the day, but he felt like he was getting better. He at least felt well enough that he had no desire to be burden to the people who saved his life. He thought back.

Waking up. Gazebo. Withdrawal. Coughing. Cigarette. Lighter. Lighter. Light you bastard!

He hadn't mentioned it to the others. To any exteriour view, nothing changed when that happened. But something had died inside Alex at that moment. The basic task of lighting a cigarette had eluded him. It had been a task, something that required a concious and focused effort to do it with his off hand. That basic difficulty, the fact that he struggled with even such an automatic task, well, it really brought to home his current status. It was strange. When he didn't look down, it felt just like his arm was there. Until he tried to do something with it. He'd try and reach out his hand to steady himself against a tree. He would feel it happening, feel his arm moving. But it never rose up into view. It was gone.

"I'll never play guitar again." he thought to himself and it nearly broke him.

He looked up at Thea, walking just ahead of him. He hadn't heard it at the time and now it was too late. He was along for the ride. They were going to kill Hayley.

Thea stopped and leaned against a tree, looking at all of them with fire in her eyes. There was no doubting her intent. She meant to take leadership of the group and meant to use it to kill Hayley. Alex still didn't know how he felt. Maybe that was why he'd done nothing to stop it. In truth, he'd stopped listening to the announcements the morning he'd discovered his arm. It was irrelevant. The order meant nothing. This island was a trap and one that only one person could leave. The order in which the one person was decided was irrelevant. Personal vendetta's were pointless. It didn't matter to Danya whether Hayley died.

But it mattered to him. Leadership was a difficult thing to give up and Alex still considered himself the head of the let'snotkillpeople brigade. He just had to try and ignore the fact that he seemed to be the only remaining member.

He sighed and ran his right hand through his hair. Nothing happened. He remembered he no longer had a right hand, and did it with his left instead. He caught up to Thea. "We need to talk." he said.
Edited by nowave, Dec 26 2010, 08:35 AM.
V4 Character

Alexander Campbell - "We can do this, if we can just keep it together"
David Matson - "Our father, who art in heaven..."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Alexander frowned. He could hear the bitterness in her voice. Well, this is going to go well. In a split second he mentally flashed through the words he'd been rehearsing.

"Look, I understand why you want to hurt Hayley. I know what you're feeling. That urge for revenge. I know what it feels like to want to rip and tear and kill until someone feels as bad as you do. But it's a one way path. You kill her, you're a player. Your friends, these people here, you start down this path, you have to kill them. Or they have to kill you. And what about the people who care about Hayley? What makes you think that doing this is going to bring someone down on you, just like you've come down on her?"

The same protests he'd been making to the others before they'd seperated. The same ideals that had cost him his arm. He wasn't even sure he still believed them. But he couldn't stand by and let Hayley be hurt. He had to stop this. He took a deep breath.

"Look, I under-"

"Alexander...? Is that...really you?"

He looked up. There was a pause that lasted just a scant few seconds.

"What happened to you...?"

A dumb grin spread across Alex's face. He hadn't imagined he would ever see Jasper again. Or any of his friends to be honest. Finding Hayley had been dumb luck and he had been certain it wouldn't happen again.

"Jasper..." he said. He looked back down at Thea and frowned. It would have to wait. Mentally he wished for Hayley to stay away. "Later." he said to Thea, promising to return to the conversation. He smiled that stoner grin for the first time in four days. "I had a fight with a lawnmower. Think it won, but I retained the moral high ground." he said. "Where've you been?" he said.
V4 Character

nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Jasper had had quite the little adventure. As he often did, Alex had to wonder if his friend was all there. He wondered on what level the events of the island were affecting him. He almost didn't seem to care.

"You’re unbelievable you know that. UN-BELIVEABLE.”

Alex shut his eyes for a second. Didn't she see how she was giving the cameras just what they wanted?

"What about yourself...? I should like to know the set of circumstances that left you so...left-handed."

Alexander looked up again and chuckled. "I've been trying to get a group together to try and figure out a way off of this island. I've got a few ideas, but no know how to back it up. So that means reaching out to people. One of the guys I reached out too was maybe less than a little stable. Tried to take out Charlene. I caught a bullet in the process." he said.

He sighed softly. "That girl, the angry one. Thea." he said, pointing slightly, keeping his voice down. "She's out for blood. Her boyfriend got killed and she's after the one who killed him."

He'd mentioned to Jasper how he'd felt about the girl in question. "It's Hayley. She's killed two people so far. The first one... she said was unintentional. But now she's done it again."

He sighed and looked down. "She might be playing. Thea might be right. But I can't let her kill her."
V4 Character

nowave
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
"Alright Thea, I'll bite. We're out here because you're looking for Hayley Kelly. You're looking for her because she killed someone that you care about. So if you're not going to kill her, what are we doing here?"

He sighed.

"I purposely get wounded..." he said, rubbing his hand over his eyes softly. When he looked up his eyes were angry. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" he said, his scottish accent suddenly entering into his speech.

"All I've done since I've got to this island is try and help people. All I want is to try and figure out a way out of this place and try and get as many people out of here as possible. I took a bullet for Charlene because she seemed to think that was a good idea."

He shook his head. "And it cost me my arm. Which was too far gone, I was too far gone. If we hadn't cut it off, I would be dead right now."

He looked over to Charlene. "And you don't owe me a thing." He looked back at Thea, by now his voice was barking in the broad glasweigan of his father. His features were contorted with rage. "But how dare you question my integrity, when all i've ever tried to do is help and all I've seen you do is argue about helping me and lead everyone out here to go hunt the GIRL I LOVE!"

Suddenly his face changed. In shock at the very words that had escaped his lips. His true motivations revealed. He didn't want anyone to die. But especially not her.
V4 Character

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply