Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Instinct; Semi-Private
Topic Started: Dec 20 2010, 10:42 PM (5,539 Views)
armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Kyle Portman continued from Make/Break.))

Kyle was mostly silent during the long walk. He noted the direction they were going, and that it wasn't where they wanted to be. More pressing was the gunman behind them. Plus... if he was being honest with himself, he didn't really care about the others they were supposed to be finding.

Which was kinda terrible, but whatever.

So he wasn't surprised when they emerged from the forest and into the clear cut portions of the island. Were he a more sane person, he would probably find the clear cut forest upsetting. Were he a more sane person, of course, he probably would have left Hayley by now. Bonds of affection didn't really matter here, where the question was how well you knew the people you spent every day with. And the answer was always, "Not very well."

The other group was the target of Hayley's recently uttered question. With an objective eye and calm mind, Kyle stared at the other group from behind the stumps.

After Emma's very... safe response, Kyle sighed slightly. "I think we should pick our battles carefully. You're the only one with a ranged weapon worth anything. Then again, from a cursory look, I don't see a firearm among them. It is possible that we could take them."
V5 Character(s)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kyle was not surprised by Hayley's news that she had killed somebody back there. It made sense as to why they were running away from someone with a gun. Even less surprising was when she sat up and took aim at the smaller group. Kyle felt terrible about it- they had been three, which was good. Two shots fired, then one returned. Hadn't been expecting return fire.

Now what? Now they wait to see who stayed and who left. Who lived and who died, and then... what their spoils would be. Killing for supplies, for weapons... was it more noble than killing to win? Who knew.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Apologies for the tardiness of this post.))

Kyle barely gave the dead boy a glance. He didn't matter, really. Just one less person between them and victory, right?

Right.

More interesting was the other dead boy. This one was older- covered in flies, although it hadn't started to rot yet.

He turned away from it, to look at Hayley. She was talking about how happy she was that Ema had decided that killing was the only way to survive. Good for her, he supposed. Also, she said they should probably leave, and find someplace to bed down.

"Agreed. It's getting late, and we shouldn't sleep out in the open. What if it rained?"
Edited by armeggedonCounselor, Feb 6 2011, 08:58 PM.
V5 Character(s)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply