Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Just a Kid, Napping
Topic Started: Dec 7 2010, 12:51 AM (3,337 Views)
Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler Franklin was not a happy person. After his latest rebuff, he wandered into town...well, into the clump of houses that was passing for a residential district on the island. Checking out a few of the houses, he found one with a beaten-up mattress that wouldn't pass a health code inspection in Bangladesh.

Well, it's better than nothing...

Breaking a window, Tyler climbed into the house, tossing his bags in front of him. Pulling a couple of other items of clothing out, he tosses them out as a makeshift blanket. And, after four days of virtually no sleep, Tyler Franklin manages to pass out just about dead.

And no, not that kind of dead. Not yet, at least.
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler had fallen into a slumber that was more than slightly deep. By SOTF standards, it was suicidally deep in that he didn't wake at the first creak of a board. But the sound of other voices in the room did rouse him.

"Hey, hey. Wake up."

"Mmm...mom?" Tyler asked as he emerged into that state between sleep and waking that everyone experiences once in a while and which can be so warm and comforting. "Dun wanna..."

Slowly, the fog cleared and the world came into focus, but it still took a bit for Tyler to really come around and realize how vulnerable he'd been when Sarah and Alice came in. For now, though, there was a moment or two of staring in disbelief that he was waking up with two girls in the room with him. This was...definitely different than what he was used to (or, for that matter, expecting).

"Mmm...morning." Beat, as things come more into focus, and then Tyler startles a slight bit.

"Uh...I'm not dead, am I?" Tyler's looking at two...no, three girls if he counts the one at the window. He is...was?...on SOTF. Which means that either he was killed and didn't realize it or he has just gotten extremely lucky in at least one way, and possibly more than one way. Taking a deep breath, Tyler looks between the girls. "And if I'm not dead..." Pause, to sort through that last bit of fog in his mind. "Can I help you?"

The fact that he's not dead suggests that he's not about to wind up dead in the next thirty seconds or minute. He'll take that for what it's worth.
Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((OOC: I've held on more than I can afford to for spoiler, and even with my declared absence, this is getting to be way too long of a wait.))

"Tyler." She said. Taking a deep breath and banishing the image from her mind. "Have you seen Maxwell anywhere? I need to... discuss something with him." Turning to Annaliese as she clambered through the window she nodded at her. "You too. We're not looking to hurt anyone here, we just need to find Maxwell."

"Wait, which Maxwell? Lombardi or Crowe?"

"I haven't seen either of them." Tyler shakes his head at this admission. "But if you want to try and find him...I guess I'm game for looking for him?"

The look on Tyler's face actually becomes a bit...hopeful, you might say. For the first time on the island, he's actually got a possible group to join up with. It heartens him to think about the possibility of not having to just smack other people over the head with his tire iron. Not that he knows what he's getting into or...well, even what they've been up to the last few days. Trying to keep track of all the other groups on the island is something he might have managed if he were in a...less interactive version of SOTF. Like, say, on the TV.

"Any idea where he might be?" Not likely, but it's a start if they're going to run off after someone.
Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
"We're just looking for Maxwell Lombardi, he's been killing people and we need to stop him." She hesitated for a second, looking towards Alice for reassurance before continuing. "We're sure if we can just talk to him he will stop, but we'd need to disarm him first. After that, Alice and I can... talk some sense in to him."

Any other place, any other time, and that would make perfect sense. Here, on this island, there's a certain comical value to it. "Killing people? As in killing of the serial sort? That doesn't sound like someone I'd want to look for."

The fact that, in a very literal way, they're all stuck in a very bad serial with a bunch of killers? The irony of the words he just picked? Completely escapes Tyler Franklin right now. As does the goofy hand-holding bit between the girls. There are worse things than being stuck with a couple of...

Thespians? No, that's not the word...

...well, girls who like each other too much. They're alive, he's alive, and that puts them all in a small enough category. So...on with the conversation.

"How do you want to disarm him when you get to him? I mean...if he's got a gun, that ain't gonna be easy if you don't have one. Even if he doesn't, it might not be so easy."

Turning to Annalise, Tyler offered a weak smile to her comment about letting them be alone. "If they were seizing the day, I missed it." And then, with a quick glance to the other girls with a slightly mischievous smile (conveniently directed at the nearest camera), Tyler shrugs. "And they forgot to invite me."
Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler blinked when he realized (courtesy of Annalise's comment) that yes, he had accidentally talked right at the camera.

"Right. Totally didn't see that." And then he glanced at the camera, again. If he's going to be Ferris...

"Yeah, you can watch another group. I really don't think there's much to see here."

"I don't--you needn't come with us."

Tyler shrugged in response to the don't-need-to-come-with-us hinting. "If you're good to go, that's fine. If you want some help, I'm happy to help." The second half of the second sentence contained a bit more emphasis on it...no, Tyler isn't a complete idiot. He'd just been playing one on TV for the last few minutes. Sort of, at least. Or at least he'd like to think he has, however out of it he might have been to begin with.
Edited by Anderson, Feb 2 2011, 05:49 AM.
Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
"Shit."

Tyler grabbed his things as everyone else bolted the house. He was getting out of there as quickly as he could, too...no matter how out of it he was, Tyler was not up for becoming a random red spot in a house on the island, so he buggered out of there as quickly as he could manage, barely clearing the Danger Zone as the beeping on his collar sped up.

(Tyler Franklin dying continued elsewhere)
Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Locked Topic