Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Just a Kid, Napping
Topic Started: Dec 7 2010, 12:51 AM (3,332 Views)
BetaKnight
Member Avatar
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Annaliese Hansen continued from Jesus Loves the Little Children))

Annaliese hitched her bag higher up onto her shoulder as she walked along. Twice she had encountered classmates who had started out normal enough but turned into deranged psycho killer. Twice. In a row. She had to wonder if it was something she was somehow causing. Some planets in opposition, or maybe some weird conjunction that she was unaware of was occuring. That would explain the entire fiasco that was this trip.

Nothing about this situation makes sense. Everything was off center and out of balance. The stress of the whole situation was starting to get to her. Annaliese took a deep cleansing breath as she looked at the chakram cluctched in her off hand. As much as she didn't want to be hauling a weapon around, she was too afraid after the last two incidents to put it away. She rolled her neck, feeling the muscles protest. If she could just find a quiet area and get some meditation and yoga stretches in she was sure the world would make much more sense.

Annaliese slowed as she approached the U-shaped cluster of buildings. The houses looked calm and peaceful. But experience had proven that nothing here could be taken at face value. Sounds of voices drew her towards one dwelling. Peering in through a window, she saw Sarah and the French girl, Alice with some boy. Things still looked copacetic.

Knocking on the windowframe next to the busted out pane, Annaliese tried to look at nonthreatening as possible. She gave the threesome a jaunty little wave. "Hola peoples. Is it okay if I hang out with you guys for awhile?"
Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As Annaliese watched the French girl grab Sarah's wrist and engage in a silent staring contest, a sense of unease slowly began to creep up on her. Something about this situation started to seem none too kosher. She wondered what she'd stumbled on to this time. Were the girls going to off the poor sleeping dude? Were they playing at being Thelma and Louise? Did that mean at least one of them was gay?

The situation resolved itself totally normally and without bloodshed which made her feel completely paranoid. Her sign wasn't a secretive or paranoid one so what was wrong with her? The only reasonable answer was that her last two group experiences had totally skewed her, making her see conspiracies and hidden motives where none existed. She felt ashamed for even thinking that Sarah would go all Sweeny Todd on that unsuspecting dude.

"I haven't seen him," Annaliese said, trailing off as a thought occurred to her. She wrinkled her nose in confusion.

"Wait, which Maxwell? Lombardi or Crowe? Not that I suppose it makes much of a difference. I haven't seen either one, sorry." She shrugged, trying not to feel like she'd somehow let the other girls down.

"But I guess I could, like, help you guys look for him?"
Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Annaliese frowned as again Sarah and the French girl did their weird almost handholding, not quite restraining grasps. Something about this was totally pinging on her weird shit-o-meter. She half expected Robby the Robot to hop out, arms a’ flailing in time with his alarmed cries of “Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!”

She pulled back closer to the window, her easiest means of escape. “Ummm, hey. Is, like, everything cool?” she hesitantly asked. She nervously rubbed the palms of her hands on her pants. Things had seemed okay when she first saw this group but now there was a definite off-kilter vibe in the room.

Maybe it’s me. I didn’t think Sarah was a lesbian, but maybe it’s something she’s only figured out now that we’re in this ‘face your own mortality’ situation. Maybe she and the French girl aren’t totally out of the closet yet but they can’t help but keep touching each other. Guys are oblivious to that kind of stuff, so maybe it’s having me around that causing the wiggins.

“Because, um, really, if it’s not cool, I can keep going,” Annaliese lamely offered, half-heartedly gesturing to the window. “If you two want to be alone to do your thing, I totally get it. Seize the day and all.”
Edited by BetaKnight, Jan 16 2011, 07:20 PM.
Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Annaliese raised an eyebrow at Tyler’s comments. Even more strange was the fact that he was glancing just off to the side of Sarah and the French girl. Following his line of sight, she spotted the camera discreetly tucked away.

“Uh, excuse me? Ferris?” she drawled, looking at Tyler with disgust. “Could you please NOT address the cameras that belong to the madman hell bent on killing us all? That’s a little too freakazoid, even for me. Also, eww? What is it with guys wanting to watch? You play for the wrong team. Of course they’re not gonna invite you.”

French chick quickly made it clear that really, neither one of them was invited to continue along with them. Can’t say that I would want people hanging around if I wanted to make the beast with two backs either. Not that I have a problem with their sexuality, but I’m sorta relieved I haven’t been invited to their battling clams session.

A little irritated, she blew at the strands of red and pink hair that had fallen across her face. Being alone sucked, but what was she going to do? Insist they allow her to join the tribe from Lesbos?

“I’m gonna be outtie, then,” Annaliese announced brightly in an attempt to deflect the awkwardness of their little get-together. “You two go do that voodoo that you do so well. Congrats on your self-actualization and all.” She waved jauntily before slipping back out the window. “I’ll catch you guys on the flip side once all your UST is RST, okay?”

Safely outside of the building, she giggled to herself. “Oh God. I’m Goldilocks. Two groups too kill happy, one group too lurve happy. Hopefully the next group I find will be just right.” Shrugging her shoulders to settle her pack, Annaliese hurried off.

((Annaliese Hansen continued in Corpsewalker))
Edited by BetaKnight, Jan 27 2011, 03:48 AM.
Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Locked Topic