Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Selfish
Topic Started: Dec 4 2010, 01:51 PM (3,568 Views)
chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((Jake Crimson continued from Wind in the Willow))

It was an alien world.

Jake had emerged from the sea of trees. Now it was a sea of stumps.

Endless hunks of wood no taller than his ankles stretched as far as the eye could see. An entire section of forest had been cleared as if by magic, leaving nothing but scattered logs and thin foliage among the clean-cut expanse.

The sky was orange, casting a glow that made the setting seem even more eerie. He felt almost as if he had walked through a wormhole in the forest and came out on another planet, staring out into what those creatures called a forest. Or perhaps a city for a race of tiny, anti-sized creatures with miniature ray guns and ships that could fly up his nose.

Okay, I AM going insane.

He was shaken from his reverie at the sight of a dark lump sitting against a stump.

The shock of it caused him to almost fall over; while ordinarily he'd have ducked behind a log, his head had been hurting more lately and he had gotten more dizzy. Rather than leap to the side in a move that would make Marcus Fenix proud, he made a half-hearted stumble and caught himself on a stump.

What was he supposed to do? Kill this kid? Somehow, he was amazed if he could do something like that. He wanted to survive. Hell, even on the first day he was hoping he'd find some idiot with a good weapon, beat the crap out of them, and finish off the game perfectly. But ever since he hit his head, he had been feeling......odd. Like there was something else in there.

He pushed the thoughts aside. For now, it was do or die.

He cracked his neck, hefted the cinderblock in his hand, and began to slowly move forward, inching as slow as humanly possible toward Sunil. Half out of fear, half out of stealth. Once he did this, there was no going back.
Characters for v4

Christopher Carlson: B052
Weapons: Brass knuckles

Jake Crimson: B084 (Adopted)
Weapons: Cinderblock

Characters for v5

Clayton Leven: B050
Weapons: Handcuffs

Shit people say

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
"Hey! Drop the fucking brick, now!"

A voice was heard distantly in the background, faintly ringing in Jake's ears. It was mostly disguised by his heart pounding, distracted in the heat of the moment by the impending murder.

His headache was back. He turned.

Big man with a beard, Garry the fucking werewolf, holding a tree branch. He felt a distant sense of deja vu at the sight of his weapon, but couldn't quite place it. Either way, he was about ready to beat the crap out of this dude. "You ready, buddy?" he growled, hefting the cinderblock in his right hand.

I've always been ready

The voice was gritty, rough. Slightly mocking. Somehow, Jake knew where it was coming from. Despite the tone it was strangely comforting. The kind of voice that would always bring you good suggestions. Jake accepted the voice. His eyes began to blur slightly.

He charged.

The headache was getting worse.
Edited by chitoryu12, Dec 9 2010, 04:40 PM.
Characters for v4

Characters for v5

Shit people say

chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
It was happening quickly. Jake barely comprehended any of it. He was somewhere else.

Kill Rip Tear Beat Do it

Something snapped over his head. It felt almost like a pillow to him.

Ignore it He is not a nice man

The cinderblock vibrated slightly in his hand. Blood was drawn.

Use me I will solve all your problems

Something stung under his eye. His hand was suddenly light. Empty. The pain was getting worse.

Retrieve me I can help you

Everything was a multicolor blur. His headache suddenly spiked.

I am your friend

He was falling. The orange was above him now.

You need me

Everything went black. No more thoughts came.

-------------------------

Had Jake Crimson survived Survival of the Fittest, he would have been a new case study for psychologists everywhere. One of the best examples of the effects the terrorists' game had on the children's minds.

Jake Crimson was susceptible to schizophrenia. The condition was hereditary, passed down through his mother's side. However, it had never triggered. He remained undiagnosed throughout his entire life. Unfortunately for him, the stress of the game had gotten to him. Being an excellent cause to trigger symptoms, it hit. And thus, Jake Crimson attempted to kill someone on the orders of the one object that caused all his woes.

This one object was also what doomed him. A knockout blow from his own clumsiness on Day 2 did not merely leave him in the dark upon awakening. Cerebral aneurysms are a nasty, slow way to go.

Jake remained in a coma for the rest of the day. At approximately 1:03 AM, everything ended.

He never knew that, though. Unthinking. Unfeeling. As responsive as the grass he lay on. For seven hours, Jake Crimson was a vegetable.

And then no more.

B084: Jake Crimson - Deceased
Characters for v4

Characters for v5

Shit people say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply