Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Empire Ants; Thread CLOSED
Topic Started: Dec 3 2010, 01:47 AM (1,756 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Jen Romita cont'd from The Worst Bath Ever))

This trip was becoming boring, considering that they were supposed to be fighting for their lives. Jen hadn't really seen too many of her classmates since she had arrived, and had spent most of her time walking. While that had been okay while it was just her and Morgan, the other girls were beginning to put a dampener on things.

She had kept quiet since the swamp, feeling that if she were to speak, then somebody would no doubt leap down her throat and belittle her for her choice of lifestyle. While Morgan would do his best to protect her, she was still annoyed at having to put up with these people. She wondered if this was how it started. You get shoved together with people, and wind each other up, all the while being told to kill them. Eventually, you'd start to listen to it. She was almost grateful that she'd been given a bolt of cloth instead of a gun.

As Morgan stopped to listen to the announcement, she paused behind him. She had taken to tuning most of them out. Knowing that Edward and Eva were dead, she didn't want to think about how many other friends and lovers she was losing out here. When it was over, she noticed Morgan staring at Frankie. Shit, what had happened. What was she supposed to do.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Damn. Why did something like this have to happen? Frankie was out of it, clearly in some kind of shock, Marion was of no use whatsoever, trying to make it clear that if Ilario had killed somebody, it must have been bad. As if that hadn't been obvious. And Morgan…

Morgan was beginning to lose his shit. That was not good for anybody. She could see it in the way he held himself, the way his hand was clasping. The way that he looked at her. He needed somebody to take over, even if only for a little while. Understandable, how long had it been now that she had been relying on him to be the strong one, to be able to reassure her when she had been losing it? Now, she needed to be there for him, to be there for everybody. Damn, this wasn't going to do her reputation any good.

She stepped in to Frankie and put her arm round her shoulder, and spoke gently. "It's okay Highpockets. I've got this one. You go, take five. Get a cup of tea. "Wait, bad idea. There was no way they'd be able to brew something just now. "Scratch that. Maybe a drink of water. I'll be with you in a few." She turned and gave her full attention to Frankie.

"It's okay babe. Whatever you need. I'm here for you. Breathe, get yourself together. You wanna talk, we talk. You wanna cry, ere's a shoulder. Like I say, whatever you need." She had never been close with Frankie, but now, Jen had to be her best friend. She only hoped that Frankie read her intentions right, and didn't panic further.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
So, Frankie didn't want to be helped. Well, that suited Jen fine. After all, there was no point in trying to be nice to somebody who didn't want to be helped. Jen just felt a bit stupid about having put herself out there like that, only to be rebuffed. Still, she had a point about wanting to do something, rather than waiting around to be killed.

Of course, there was the small matter of what to do. Jen was still following Morgan, but that was beginning to look like a dead end. How long had they been trying to see ways off, and so far there had been as much chance of that, as there had of Jen making it with Erik Laurin.

And then he shouted. He had found something. A boat. Like that, Jen fell in love with her best friend, all over again. He had delivered them from the island. True, it was likely to be no easy trip, but there was hope, once again. She could sense the raise in the whole groups spirits, as she followed them down the mountain.

((Jen Romita cont'd in Make/Break))

((And thread closed))
Edited by Killer_Moth, Jan 13 2011, 09:13 AM.
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply