Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Facile Princeps; rather quite open.
Topic Started: Nov 28 2010, 10:42 PM (3,525 Views)
Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
((Mia Kuiper continued from Heartbeat Symphony))

That morning as the sun rose and the announcements declared the dawn of day four Mia had removed herself from the Ranger Station bed, checked her map, and made a decision. She based this decision on a number of premises.

a) The Ranger Station was kind of tacky.

b) It didn't give her the tactical suppremacy her rifle afforded.

c) Living in a lighthouse would be so, so romantic.

She wasn't sure what it was, whether its association with the seaside; its metaphorical possibilities as a beacon, or the Rapunzelian appeal of living in a tower, but regardless of the reason she had her new goal. And so, almost before the announcements had finished, she began her pilgrimage.

That was several hours before now. She'd walked another kilometre or five, her legs were hurting even more than they had the day before, and not that anyone besides herself probably cared, but she was really starting to pong. Four days away from a bath were taking their toll. The lighthouse would be by the sea (duh.), and once she'd taken up residence she could go wash herself in the waves.

And then she could read, and sit at the top of the tower beside that great big lantern and it would be glorious and "ack!"

The tree trunk she'd just stumbled over broke her out of her daydream. There were way too many tree trunks in this place. Okay, so the Felled Forest was basically all tree trunks and she'd have been worried if it weren't but for goodness' sake it was starting to grate with her.

She lashed out at the trunk she'd stumbled over with her foot, hitting it with a dull thud. It didn't cheer her up nearly as much as she'd hoped. So as a second resort she shouted as well.

"Fine! Whatever! Be solid and impervious! You're already dead so it's not like it matters!"

Screaming didn't help much either, frankly, but it was still a little more effective. She decided to pursue that solution more fully. Well, not decide, but she did give another gutteral wail of botanical frustration before she started considering walking again.

"Aaaaaugh!"
Edited by Gwbiii, Dec 4 2010, 05:20 AM.
G003 - Sarah Xu -"Th-then I-I'll stitch you up."---> 開始
G049 - Mia Kuiper - "lada didi dada di dum dum."---> Anfang
B040 - Richard Han - "YOU WIN THIS TIME, GRAAAVIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
G094 - Raina Morales
-*snort* pretty cows...---> Began: Bump in the Night || Ended: A New Day
""-Mandarin ""-Cantonese ""-German ""-Spanish
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
With the former-tree firmly and rightfully put in its place she set about composing herself. She rearranged the bags on her back, shifted the rifle onto her other shoulder, and tried to just breathe. In, out. She pushed her hands down, as if she was repelling all the frustration and embarrasingly unmannerly rage from herself. She was the very essence of tranquility.

It didn't last for long. The tree-stumps weren't the only thing getting on her nerves. So was the sun which beat down upon her, despite the sunscreen and wide-brimmed hat she now wore. So were the bags clawing at her shoulders. So was the fact she hadn't found anything remotely interesting in the Ranger's station book-wise. So was the way she smelt. And so was... So was... Everything. She was a raging ball of discomfort and she was sick of it. Sick of it all.

She laid the rifle down, dropped her bags against the nearest tree stump, and finally used them as a cushion as she took a little rest. She needed a rest. She let out a long sigh, closed her eyes for a second and just thought. How nice it was going to be at the lighthouse. How nice it would be if she were home with Emily, a warm bath, a cup of tea and a book. She could almost taste it.

Well, no, she couldn't taste anything much because her mouth was dry and horrible.

Wasser... Wie spricht man das andere Wort... Durstig? Ja. Durstig.

She withdrew a bottle, removed the lid, and began to drink. She tried to do so sparingly, the last major river was at least, oh, 2 hours behind her? And though the water bottles were now all full she couldn't be sure she'd find a suitable creek. She'd just sip this one as she went along now that she thought about it, there were a few more in her bag for later.

For now though, she was content to just sit. And drink. And daydream.
Edited by Gwbiii, Dec 4 2010, 08:00 AM.
G094 - Raina Morales

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
((sorry this has taken so long, the last two weeks have kind of disappeared))

*daydreams some*

Her mind sprang back to attention as if a klaxon had been sounded. There was a person. Coming. Towards her. And it looked anything but harmless.

Well, until she was on her feet, a massive rifle held across her hip, and she realised the boy seemed to be requesting peace and parley. Or something. She lowered the rifle's barrel towards the ground again.

"Yes! I'm fine!" She took a single step back so she could see her bags with a quick glance down. "But, but you can stay there!" If she had to run, she could, how far she'd get with someone of his physical prowess behind her she didn't want to think about. Just take the bags and go and... She kept forgetting she had a loaded sniper rifle. She didn't need to run anywhere!

With that confidence, she asked the most obvious of questions. "What do you want!?"
G094 - Raina Morales

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
"Felicia? No..." Temptation to make snarky comment about Felatia, queen of sluts, rising... "No, no I haven't."

Mia slowly snatched up and replaced her bags across her shoulder again, before taking another step back.

And another.

"Friends of yours?"

And tree stump.

"What?" She glanced quickly in the direction of whatever the boy was looking at. Which seemed to be very... nothing. Just a rustle in the bushes. Just a distraction.

She lifted the gun's stock ever so slightly as she felt for the top of the stump behind her with her left foot. If he was trying to distract her, trying to get the upper hand, it was time she reminded him who was in charge here.

Or just abscond. Her chest was feeling tighter as each second passed. Noises in the bushes, the way this guy was still... there. Something felt wrong here, and it was giving her the creeps. Although, if she had to make a mad dash between the tree stumps in her long, pleated skirt... It wouldn't be marked as the epitome of dignified retreat. Also, she'd be trying to outrun someone fitter, stronger, better equipped for pursuit and probably a lot faster than herself...

That really wasn't going to work.

First step of plan Alpha was getting up onto this tree stump. A quick movement, a careful assessment of her balance, and she was standing atop the tree's carcass. She felt a lot better with a few inches of higher ground, a little more separation between her and him and... who the fuck was that. Klaxons screamed in her mind as she noticed some young lady creeping around her flank. She snapped the rifle's snout to point at her, thought better of it, and swung it back in the general direction of the boy's head.

"HEY, HARLOT!" She shouted at the interloper. Her voice expressing something between apprehension and the confidence that came with suddenly understanding an entire situation and knowing you were more or less in control of its outcome.

She willed her trigger hand to relax, with her body as tensed to flee as it was at that moment she thought it lucky she remembered accidentally pulling the trigger was a real potentiality. She really didn't want to shoot anybody unless it was necessary... or she had a sudden change of heart. Just shooting them and being rid of a couple of annoyances cum potential nighttime-cutthroats had a certain appeal.

Then again, what if she missed?

Well, then she had another 18 shots.

She liked those odds.

"HALTEN SIE, OR I SNUFF DON QUIXOTE HERE!" Bitch.
Edited by Gwbiii, Jan 12 2011, 09:05 AM.
G094 - Raina Morales

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany Wakemore... What did she know about Tiffany Wakemore...

More than she cared to remember. Tiffy was a manipulative, idiotic bitch who decided to pick fights in her library and cause an infuriating ruckus and get away with it by releasing floods of crocodile tears. When she wasn't sweet-talking the teachers. Was she really trustworthy?

Nope.

"Tiffany, dear, i'm not going to pretend to believe you, so why don't you and your equally asinine friend skedaddle before i test..." Othello? Romeo? Desdemona? "Before I test... uh..." God she needed a name but she just couldn't pick one. It was like a bevvy of flavourful names assaulting her senses, each one as perfect, yet unsuitable as the last.

"Before I... test dear William's strength." There we go. She could change it later if she needed.

It wasn't like anyone present would be around to care.

"So." She regained her composure. "Hands where I can see them? Wonderful. Now be good and take 200 paces..." She waved vaguely in the opposite direction. "That way."
Edited by Gwbiii, Feb 3 2011, 09:53 AM.
G094 - Raina Morales

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
Turn around, stop looking at me, turn around, stop looking at me.

She was getting nervous with quincy watching her as he backed away. She'd been hoping for them to look the other way as they walked off so she could make a run for it as they went. But no, he just kept looking at her with those disturbing eyes as he left. She couldn't exactly tell them to look the other way now it would have made her seem less calm, less in control.

Look the other way, please?

She couldn't relax until he was all but out of eyesight. What a pain.

Taking her cue swiftly, she dropped neatly off and behind the tree stump. Her bags were already in place. At least this way she didn't have to run. She was pretty sure they wouldn't be following her now.

Just to be sure, she sat on another tree stump and lifted the rifle again, only noticing then that the safety was still off and her eyes widened.

Nota Bene: Remember to fix safety on your oversized rifle before jumping off things.

She flicked the safety safely off, and pulled the scope up to her eye. She could see a hell of a long way with this, actually. She twisted knobs and sorted out the focus, aiming it at some buildings away in front of her.

Some guy was walking through the stumps down there. It looked like he was just... sitting there against the wall. She couldn't quite make his features out through the shifting lens though. Pulling her eye away, she shrugged and circled her shoulders, Trying to relax and hold her grip a bit steadier...

Wait...

Aha! Mia you are an endless font of brilliant ideas.

Warte noch einmal...

If she pulled the clasp holding the scope in place, would it uncalibrate it?... It didn't seem worth the risk. Instead she squirmed about and tried to get into a better position, eventually pulling her knee up to eye-level and using it as a pivot.

Yep, boy at the... Lumbermill... was definitely just sitting there. Crying. His weeping into his arms didn't make getting a glimpse of his facial features any easier.

"Oh well."

She turned her attentions back to the direction the dynamic duo had been going, and after a minute of scanning around she finally found them again. That they definitely weren't following her was a relief... She guessed she could leave them a parting present, but it seemed like a waste of three precious things. Time, effort and Ammunition.

The last thing she swung her attention, and her rifle towards, was the lighthouse and the road ahead.

It.... looked clear? She had the feeling spying through her most lethal of telescopes was less purposeful than she'd thought.

In any case, she felt she'd better get moving.

((Mia Kuiper continued Somewhere Else))

THREAD FINISHED.
Edited by Gwbiii, Feb 7 2011, 08:14 AM.
G094 - Raina Morales

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply