Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Facile Princeps; rather quite open.
Topic Started: Nov 28 2010, 10:42 PM (3,528 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Quincy Jones cont'd from Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows...))

He needed a place to sleep. He'd been able to snatch a few short hours in a clearing while Tiffany kept watch before he'd returned the favour, but Quince needed to get some proper rest. Still, he had a duty here. He had to protect Tiffany, and to find Felicia. He had to know what had happened, and to make things right.

The announcement of his actions yesterday were not what he had expected. So, Mike was still alive, and the guy he'd killed was called Max. He didn't worry about that too much, rather about the reactions of the girls. There was also the worry that now more people would be afraid of him.

He was glad to be off the mountain, even though he had nothing resembling a concrete plan. Just an idea to keep moving, keep asking questions, and to take out any threats he came across. Given the way things were going, that pretty much meant everybody. He was still on edge, but had been able to clam down following his confrontation with Bill.

What that meant was that he'd spent the better part of the night alone with Tiffany, uncertain of their relationship. He thought he'd gotten a vibe off of her, one that suggested she was into him. Then again, if she wasn't, then he didn't want to assault her. Either way, the ball was in her court. If she was going to be backward about coming forward, then he wouldn't worry about it.

What he was worried about was the lack of cover they had at the moment. The trees in this area had all been chopped down, so he was wandering through a sea of stumps. The ground was rough, but open. Hard going and easy for them to be spotted, but by the same token, harder to be ambushed.

Case in point. After a short time, he heard someone shouting and wailing. A quick jog in their direction, and he saw the figure. Mia Kuiper, foreign chick. He'd seen her around, and figured physically she posed no threat. He turned to his companion. "She's there. No visible threat. You know her? How do you want to play this?"
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
"Sure thing, boss. You just keep your head down here until I give the all clear"

Okay, Tiffany was still calling the shots. That was fine with him. He knew that he stood a better chance if he let somebody else make the decisions for him. He tucked the gun into the back of his jeans and moved towards Mia, his hands held high to show he meant no harm.

"Hey!" He approached the seated girl slowly, wondering how much water he had left himself. "I come in peace." Damn, stupid line. Especially since he was now a known killer. "You okay there?" It was dull, it was boring, but it was non-threatening. He'd rather not have to kill somebody in front of Tiffany if he didn't have to.

He considered turning back to see what she was up to, if she was keeping her head down, but he didn't want to let Mia know that he wasn't alone. Not yet, anyway. Between Tiff and the gun he had a few cards he could play. Hell, maybe he'd luck out and there wouldn't be any need for a fight just yet at all.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
The girl was armed, with a rather nasty looking gun. That would be a problem, especially since she seemed prepared to use it. Quince figured that she might not have any decent skills, but at this range with a rifle he was probably in more danger of being hit than of not. He stood his ground, and kept his hands held high, trying to show that he wasn't a threat, even as he made sure that his footing was solid. If he had to run for it or lunge at her, we wanted to be prepared.

"What do you want?"

It was a good question. What did he want? Tiff had sent him up there without much of a plan. All he really wanted was to get out of this alive. "I saw you, just wanted to make sure that you knew I was here. I'd rather not get shot if I can avoid it. Figure by the way you're talking you're not playing. So, yeah. I'm here, passing through, and please don't shoot me."

It was lousy, the way that once again he was at somebody else's mercy. This girl had her gun ready, so Quince was bargaining for his life. The last time he had really felt in control of the situation, he had slammed his foot down on somebody's neck, killing him. He wanted to feel that way again, rather than be the one getting threatened.

Still, there was one other thing that he wanted. "I'm looking for somebody as well. Felicia Carmichael. Have you seen her anywhere?" That probably wouldn't sit well with Tiffany, given the way she'd been behaving towards him, but he had to find her, if only to get some closure on their brief relationship.
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Even as he waited for the girl to make her reply, Quince found himself startled by a sudden movement off to the left. The wrong direction to be Tiff. That wasn't good. It meant that there was somebody else out there, under cover. Watching them. Maybe this girl was the advance guard for her own little group, much as he was for Tiffany.

He had to play it fair though. He resisted the instinct to go for his own gun. After all, there was still a rifle that could be pointed at him much faster than he could bring his own ordnance round. He tried to remain as nonchalant as he could. "Friends of yours?"
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
What had just happened? She must have noticed either the fourth party, or given the way her head had snapped round, Tiffany had come out of her cover and been spotted. Either way, Quincy now had a gun pointed straight at his head. He moved his hands high and wide to show he was not being a threat, just as he had seen so many times.

Inside, he was furious. How could he have been so stupid? He should have just taken a quick shot at her before he had been noticed. He'd already killed once. What would one more be in the scheme of things? He could have shown Tiffany that he was not to be messed with, shown all of them. Instead, he was trapped here, his own gun still tucked in the back of his pants, and him unwilling to move to get at it for fear of a bullet to the face.

Worst of all, the bitch hadn't even known anything about Felicia. He'd blown it on a long shot, and had nothing to show for it. If he got out of this alive, he was sure that he'd find a way to smooth things over with Tiffany, but it might take some time. In the meantime, he just had to hope that either Gunslut would lose concentration on him enough to make a move, or that Tiffany was going to somehow come to his rescue. Either way, he was stuck waiting for somebody else to make a move.
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
And just like that, the ordeal was over. She put down the gun, told them to get out of the place. All things considered, it was about as good a get out as he could have hoped for, but something about the way it all went down still made him feel like a fool.

Quince was feeling angry about the whole situation. He'd been put out there, trying to be nice, and where had it gotten him? Staring down the barrel of a gun. Never again. He'd already killed one of his classmates, and now he had a gun. And this fucking bitch was threatening him. How fucking dare she! He should just shoot the bitch right then and there. Bullet right between the eyes. Bang, hit the floor, one less bitch.

Still, there were two things to take into account. One was that Gunslut still had her rifle. That meant she was still a threat, one that Quince couldn't afford to take right now. She was in the better position. As soon as he was within range and that gun was pointing away, he could take her out easily, but not now. The other factor was Tiff. He didn't want her to think him unstable. A threat, a danger. He needed her. He needed someone who could figure out where to go.

With that in mind, he nodded grimly at Gunslut, and shouted to Tiffany. "Let's go. No need to fight here." He kept facing towards the brunette as he backed away slowly in the direction she had indicated, waiting until he was out of her sight before turning, hoping that she wouldn't take her shot while she had it. "Next time, I won't be caught out like that."

((Quincy Jones cont'd in Later, Buddy))
Edited by Killer_Moth, Feb 5 2011, 08:05 PM.
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply