Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Gods Hate Us; Celeste's Death
Topic Started: Nov 25 2010, 11:57 PM (3,343 Views)
armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Kayla McArthur continued from Living in The Aftermath))

Kayla was lost. She couldn't remember exactly when she had lost sight of Celeste. She assumed it was somewhere around here, when she had tripped, nearly stabbed herself on her sword, and looked up in time to see Celeste run into the tunnels. That was a fairly safe assumption. Adrenaline and fear had spurred Celeste further onward, ignoring Kayla's yells. Had it not been for the fact that Kayla had twisted her ankle, she would have been up immediately and sprinting to catch up, but....

So now, with her ankle throbbing and unable to run, Kayla limped through the dark tunnels, listening closely. Calling out was a dangerous thing to do right now, despite the fact that she was unlikely to find Celeste without sound. She had also elected to avoid using her flash light for as long as possible. So far that had earned her two banged knees and a scraped shin, but she was starting to get used to the darkness.

Wait. What was that?

She had hear her name, yelled out from somewhere up ahead. It had sounded like Celeste, although the darkness seemed to distort sounds. The smallest footfall sounded like the step of a giant. Still, Kayla was on the right track, hopefully.

Unfortunately, no other yells came from ahead. Kayla, still nervous about other people being around, didn't call out in reply. She merely continued walking forward.
V5 Character(s)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((For future reference, I don't really care if you guys skip me. Kayla is mostly going to be lost for now, and therefor all my posts will be boring and short. So yeah, just consider me out of the post order for now.))

Kayla found herself hopelessly lost. With no other auditory input, she suspected she had completely missed the tunnel leading to Celeste in the dark. So, to keep from freaking out and also to keep from spooking somebody dangerous, she sat down near the wall and stared into space. She kept her ears open, for Celeste's voice.

She heard nothing.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((I appear once more! WAHA))

Kayla jerked into wakefulness once more. She had sat down, resting her tired body and tired legs. Unfortunately, her tired eyes and mind had taken over and dropped her into sleep. She panicked for a moment, then found her sword lying beside her. She stood up and yawned. It was then she realized what had woken her.

Footsteps nearby. And voices as well. Specifically one voice- Celeste's. Kayla started walking toward the voices now, slowly, keeping her eyes open for paths.

A second voice. Kayla froze. She didn't recognize it at all.

"Celeste," she called. "Is that you?"
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Terribly sorry- I was stricken by terrible Writer's Block due to... personal reasons.))

Kayla heard Celeste yell back, asking for confirmation of Kayla's identity. She, forgetting her trepidation, ran forward, toward the voice. Two corners later, she heard a murmur of conversation and slowed. Celeste again, but her voice was angry. The other voice as well, who sounded... odd.

Kayla turned the last corner slowly, with caution in her steps. "H-hi?"

((Shitty post is shitty.))
V5 Character(s)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply