Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
When My Fist Clenches, Crack It Open; Day Four
Topic Started: Nov 24 2010, 02:23 AM (3,895 Views)
Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
((Rob Jenkins continued from Fucking Compasses... How Do They Work?))

Another day, then another night, and then another day. Walk, eat, sleep, wake up, eat, walk again. Robert's life on the island entered the familiar routine of his other, normal life in St. Paul, only difference being, there was no practice or a basketball game in it (and school, but who the fuck cares about the school?).

It was weird. For a deadly game like SotF, Rob's journey was really peaceful so far. Sure, he had a fight already, but he was the aggressor in it. Sure, he witnessed person dying, but again - he was the killer. Apart from that, only some bullshit trash-talk, and lots and lots of walking alone, while according to Danya - people died left and right. Not that it really concerned him. Being away from any action had it's perks, like not risking your life, and that was a part of Rob's plan to survive after all.

What did concern him, was the fact he got lost in the FUCKING forest yet again. Rob cursed himself from going off the trail and entering the woods. Now, he just walked for another FUCKING hour, tripping on the same FUCKING root for the third time, and watching the same FUCKING trees over and over again.

Wait... The same?

Rob looked around with a feeling, he already was here before. He broke one of the thin branches on the nearby tree, leaned it on the trunk of it's previous owner, and walked forward once again.

Guess what?

About two hours later, Rob encountered the same branch leaning on the same trunk. It was confirmed. He was FUCKING lost, and he was walking in FUCKING circles.

"Fuck my life. That is all."

At least that was all, in terms of understandable speech, as Rob still angrily grumbled under his nose, as he sat down and took his map and compass from the pack again. He found the north, turned his face that direction, put the map on the ground, and the compass on the map. He still held his gun tightly with his right hand, while the left one scratched redhead's chin, making Rob aware of the fact, he was in a desperate need for a shave.

But, first things first...

How to get the fuck out of here?

Rob scanned the map carefully. Swamp to the north got dumped off quickly...

First, I could only go to the sunken ship from there, or even worse, to the all too familiar felled forests. Besides, who the fuck would want to march through a fucking swamp?

Trip to the west or south means even more trees, so they...

As Rob was completely occupied with studying the map, he failed to notice, that at least two other figures appeared nearby. For someone, who tried avoid risks and dangerous situations at all cost, Rob was way too careless about his surrounding, and that was already a second proof of that. On the plus side, the chance of the two other people sneaking behind him, and turning on the Insane Clown Posse in his ears were slim to none this time.
Edited by Yossarian, Dec 4 2010, 12:03 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Inactivity avoidance protocol engaged))

Looks like the only way was south. Well, the only way that won't lead to more frustration for Rob anyway. Unless he'll lose his compass along the way, or any wacko like that Milo guy will interrupt him again, it should be a peaceful jour...

"Hey, anyone there?"

No...

Rob seriously hoped his ears were making fun of him. Could it be possible, that this fuckhead followed him all the way through woods? Well, according to Rob's eyes, when he turned his head toward the shouting person, yes indeed.

God fucking damn it...

There was one thing which turn out to be useful from this situation though. As Robert looked around to spot Milo, he also spotted 3 other people. A girl completely unknown to him, a geeky-looking guy (with a pistol), and...

FUCK!

A black girl. Rob's heart started beating faster, but not from excitement, happiness or any other thing like that. It was more of an anger mixed with nervousness, like someone from the opposing team just scored a go-ahead bucket one second before the final buzzer. One annoying person was enough for his tolerance. Adding another one getting on his nerves (without even opening her mouth) could only mean disaster.

Okay Rob. Settle down. Don't look at her, and everything will be fine. Concentrate on Milo, guy with the gun, trees, or whatever. Just... Just don't look at her...

Fortunately for the redhead, the geeky guy took the initiative and pointed out the gun in Milo's direction (but not directly, if Rob's calculation were correct. It seemed like the nerd didn't exactly know the place where Milo was standing), and shouted something about being armed and not looking for trouble. That worked for Rob perfectly. If he would be hostile, and with THAT kind of company, Rob was perfectly sure at least two of the gathered people wouldn't come out alive from this 'conversation'.

But, the time for analyze was or. It was time to make an action on his own. The giant stood up, still holding his M15 handgun firmly, but not pointing it in any specific direction. Then, he decided to do some little theatrics. First, he turned toward the annoying guy, and informed the entire world, in a bit over the top voice, of his feelings about Milo's arrival...

"Good lord, not you again!"

...Then he turned toward the geek, and before he could point the gun at the redhead out of sheer surprise, Rob spoke to him with a friendly (at least he hoped so), joking tone...

"Dude... Please do me a favor and pull that trigger, before he'll blow our minds with his stupidity..."

...All of this while desperately trying to avoid the eye contact with the black girl. Better safe than sorry.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Sorry for breaking the post order slightly. Check the Away thread for details))

As several other people spoke, Rob was actually amazed, he managed to stay shut this whole time. He felt a desperate urge to go right back at Milo, or simply shout 'SHUT THE FUCK UP' at the black girl. Seriously, who even allowed her to open her mouth? Fucking negro bitch...

But the last straw came, when the nerd with the gun started acting smartass AND all-mighty at once. Not only he didn't realize he was fucking with the wrong guy, but he also started contradicting himself with a demand to disarm, while still waving his gun happily.

No, that simply won't do. Rob Jenkins was not going to play with that kind of ruleset. That nerdy guy needed a reality check FAST.

Rob gathered all his strength to smirk a little, and responded.

"First: I may be joking, but let that idiot follow you for at least ten minutes, and you'll see what was I talking about. Second: The name's Rob Jenkins... And that's all there is to that. And finally..." Rob turned toward the nerd. "Consider this, oh Great Leader: I was right here all the time, and you failed to spot me. If I had any hostile intentions toward you, I could easily aim and kill you, before anyone else would notice what happened. But I didn't. Enough of a proof? If not, then sorry, I'm not going to give you anything more, because I'm not stupid enough to disarm myself before another armed guy."

Rob tightened the grip on his pistol, but instead of making any movement with it, he continued talking in a full sarcasm mode. If someone looked in redhead's eyes though, he could see the anger just waiting to be unleashed.

"You know, for a guy who 'isn't looking for troubles', you are waving this gun way too much. Even though he didn't say ANYTHING which sounds like a hostility, you pointed your weapon at Milo and told him to come with his hands up like a captured hostage. Now, you demand a complete surrender, when you have absolutely no FUCKING control over me. I'm not going to listen to any of your suggestion, but feel free to listen to mine and piss off yourself."

At this point, Rob looked at the 'Not-Lily' girl, as she was currently the only person around who wasn't pissing him off.

"I'm not going to join your team, too many fuckheads around here for my taste. But I'll give you a word of advise. If you want to be a friendly, not hostile group, you should consider changing the leader, because this guy is doing some seriously crappy job at it. Tell him to stay in the back and play some Dungeons and fucking Dragons, because apparently that's the only thing he's good at."
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Skippity skip for the reasons mentioned by others))

Rob was used to the situation on the court changing from one minute to another, but even he wasn't prepared for all of the things that happened seconds after he finished delivering his speech.

It all started quite as he expected, when the girl he spoke to decided to calm down the situation, but immediately after that, the nerdy guy turned out to be the first one ever to actually pay enough attention to the announcement, and remember Rob's past deed back in day 1. But as Rob expected him to just retort, he suddenly spoked to someone completely else, and started deducing a trap for some reason.

Rob turned his head toward the second person the nerd talked about, and it turned out to be the biggest mistake he had made on the island so far. As he stared at the at the newcomer - the brown haired girl, he heard two loud bangs, and before he could react in any way, two sudden impacts in his chest made him fall down to the ground on his back.

Unable to breath for a few seconds, Rob opened his mouth like a frog a few times to catch some air, and started hitting himself in the chest frantically to make his body work properly again.

Finally, after a few excruciatingly painful moments, the redhead regained the control of his lungs, and a loud wheezing sound escaped his mouth. Basketball player started inhaling the fresh air greedily before going into sitting position. Obviously, the first thing he looked at was his own chest. His Minnesota Timberwolves shirt was now sporting two fashionable holes, revealing the kevlar vest underneath, which apparently just saved his life. Then, he looked in the distance to see the nerd cowardly escaping, and several other people following them. Without thinking too much, Rob stood up, took all his things, and went after them.

"Oh no... You won't have it your way, you fuckh- *COUGH COUGH*"

Needless to say, Rob was still far away from full recovery. But it didn't matter. He will find this guy no matter what, even if he'll have to go to hell and back to do so.

This guy is so dead...

((Rob Jenkins continued in You Don't Have to Do This))
Edited by Yossarian, Jan 6 2011, 08:25 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply