Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
But I Might Die Tonight; Open, Early Evening Day 4
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 02:27 AM (3,893 Views)
ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
((Kevin Harding continued from Keep Yourself Alive))

After another wretched day of walking and hiding, Kevin had finally come to realize that he was out of food. All he had was a bottle of water left. His stomach growled rather loudly as he staggered up the dark mountain. It was unfortunate, but he had finally hit the point where he would start scavenging.

"I've become a corpse looting asshole, haven't I?" Kevin could only mutter to himself. This was no good at all.

Dying was a terrifying prospect. Blown up by this goddamned collar, shot by a marauding jackass, starving to death.... Any one of those things could end him. Hell, he was lucky that he made it this far already. The whole point of the game was to survive, and he was just barely hanging on.

The gloomy thought reminded him of the close call he had, back when he was snuck up on by Mirabelle. He would've been demolished if he had actually fought with her. How lucky he was that the brawl never came to pass. Not everybody on this island was insane or getting close to that point.

He started using the shovel as a cane, burying the metal head into the loose rocks over and over again as he climbed. There was no hope. He should've just stopped and started digging his own grave. But he refused to quit. Kevin wouldn't accept anything other than a resounding victory over this trial. No matter what, he had to live.

Was he more deserving than the others? Absolutely not. Most of his reasons were selfish ones. That alone would disqualify him if survivors were judged on a moral basis. In the end, he couldn't come up with a good argument. He didn't even want to justify it.

It was the same reason why he couldn't kill. He knew that the others had the same thirst for life he did. Snuffing that out would only serve to show him the fear of death. Kevin didn't know how to shut that part off, and was crippled by it.

"So what can I do?"
V3 Character
B88: Jeff Thorne - Dead from gunshot wounds.

V4 Characters
B103 - Kevin Harding - Killed by a javelin.
G035 - Ash Morrison - Tumbled down a hill.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
After two or three minutes slogging up the lonely mountain, Kevin heard voices in the dark. He was about to start freaking out when he realized that he hadn't spontaneously snapped. There really were people somewhere up here. What would he do now? He didn't have the heart to keep on going at it alone, not when he was ineffective without others to work with.

"What if they're going to try and kill me?" He considered it briefly, but he was too exhausted to resist the urge to go ahead anyways.

With a weary sigh, he headed towards the voices. His shovel dragged across the rocks with a loud scraping sound, which would instantly allow others to locate him.

If they want my life, they're going to have to bleed for it. If they want to team up.... I'm all ears. That's how I'll decide it.

It wasn't long before he came across the three. The last shambles of whatever plan he held fell apart when he saw the gun in... whatshisname's hand.

"Aw, fuck."
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
(Arrggh. I really need to speed this up, so I apologize if this is too short.)

Kevin looked blankly at the armed man as the latter moved away. He had taken the wrong approach, and now he would have to leave empty handed. With barely concealed frustration, he spat on the ground and walked away in the opposite direction. This was no good at all. This was a total waste of energy, which was something he was short on today.

He looked back briefly. Was this the last time he'd see people who wouldn't try to kill him on sight? If so, he would burn their faces into his memory. Perhaps he would leave them alone if he saw them again.

How was he going to survive now? Kevin was fangless and just plain out of supplies. Foraging... was not out of the question, although he had no experience in that. He cursed under his breath. There was no recourse. It was time to drop any pretense of dignity and just do whatever he had to do to survive.

With a slow and shambling gait, he left the mountain with a stubborn feeling of hate building inside him.

((Kevin Harding continued elsewhere))
V3 Character

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply