Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cool Ranch; Day 4 - 2PM
Topic Started: Nov 22 2010, 01:04 PM (3,964 Views)
Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Alan Rickhall continued from Heartbeat Symphony))

Alan was getting sick of walking. It seemed all he did was walk, stop, panic, repeat. Alan was supposed to be sticking a metaphorical knife in Mr. Danya's eye, how was he going to do that like this? Danya had already taken one (probably) loyal member of the movement. Alan would have to get to the possible members before the Turned get them. But that was obviously easier said then done. A loud whining noise spilled out from the loudspeaker nearby, and the puppet master spoke once again. This time Alan gave no attempt to avoid listening to the announcement.

"First up, yet another waste of time decided to opt out, Hermione Miller making it easier on all the rest of you by setting off her own collar. Guess she won't be appearing in any more photo-shoots anytime soon.

So people were prepared to kill themselves over turning to Mr. Danya's puppetry. Alan didn't know any such person as Hermione Miller, but whoever she was, Alan suddenly held a lot of respect for her brave decision, if only he had met her, she would have wanted to join the movement... Probably...

But it was silly to find supporters in people who were already dead. The announcement continued.

"Brock Mason finally found a gun that he could operate…

It was Brock! They had logged and tagged his death already, Alan hadn't been aware of the full extent of how well the cameras covered the island. That thought alone seemed terrifying.

…although too bad for him it was pointing in the wrong direction. Seventeenth to be fitted for a coffin was Dominic…

That was it?! Just a small joke and on to the next person? Is that really how heartless Mr. Danya was? Not even naming his assailant? Alan supposed it was better then letting the turned get publicity for taking an innocent human life. But it was sick. Alan was once again exposed to the full extent of Danya's puppetry. He was a soulless man, who's only desire was sit back and watch his human toys defeat each other. And the one who was left? No better in Danya's eye. Whether you were Remi Pierce or Adam Dodd, you were just a living straw doll to Danya. Alan chewed this thought over for a minute.

Realised where he and Jimmy were. They were right back in the destroyed forest; the sea of decaying tree stumps surrounded Alan. Then he noticed the group ahead of him and ducked down behind a tree stump. He was getting used to this procedure of hiding when he and Jimmy encountered people. He beckoned to Jimmy.

"Jimmy, look over there." He whispered. "There's some people over there, do you think they've turned, or are they like us. But you know what? I'm tired of hiding in places and putting you in danger like this, I'm going across with you." Alan got to his feet and started walking a few steps, then stopped nervously. "It's just… Can you go ahead of me, I'll be right here behind you, I promise." Alan smiled nervously.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Alan followed, close behind Jimmy, every step closer he took felt like a train was being driven through his heart and out again; but Alan didn't run, Jimmy will protect him if anything went wrong, not that anything will go wrong. Alan kept thinking this over and over again as they inched closer to the group. Alan thought once again of Zoey, but before he could get into another long and rambling trail of thoughts, Jimmy spoke.

"Oh, my God! You're the first friendly group that I've seen in a while."

Alan chuckled slightly at Jimmy's joke.

"Indeed, I guess you are." Alan said nervously and impulsively, instantly regretting it after he finished. "I... We're not interrupting anything, are we? I'd hate to intrude on anything... Anything private." He continued in the weakest but most sincere way he could manage.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
The introductions of Jimmy and Alan seemed to have gone rather according to plan, as neither of them seemed to be dead. Alan began to relax; when suddenly, once again the speakers started to crackle to life. This was strange, Alan could have sworn he had already gone through this once today. Nonetheless he listened intently to the announcement. For the first time, Alan was happy with what he heard. It seemed that someone had actually managed to rebel against Danya, and even though the message wasn't from him himself, Alan could tell that he had wound him right up, and now he wanted to get rid of her, through fear naturally.

Alan nudged Jimmy "Jimmy, can you hear this." He whispered to him. "I was right, there is hope, someone is rebelling, can't you imagine how scared Danya is because of this? This is the best news I've heard since I came on this island, and now Danya's gotten so angry that he..." Reinitialisation suddenly hit Alan. "So this is what happens when you go against Mr. Danya; he sets every turned player onto you, he could... He could..."

Alan trailed off, leaning on Jimmy's shoulder.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"Well, um... Uh, see... um, well... See you in the future, I guess."

Alan watched as several of the people in the group started leaving. This was good and bad, it was bad because he and Jimmy were still pretty much on their own, but it was good because he still hadn't had his organs rearranged on the grass and turned into a PETA ad campaign. Alan thought again of the that girl who had gotten right up Danya's bonnet. She would be able to help the movement. Alan didn't know if she'd agree but he had to try. But how... How could he-

"I'm going, Mike. I'll get it if you don't wanna come, but I need to find her. Just to talk. That's all."

One of the remaining people spoke, was she going to find the girl? She could have easily been talking about any girl on the island. Alan swallowed his fears and asked. "So sorry to interrupt... Again. But I don't suppose that your planning on going after the girl on the announcement... Only if you are, perhaps me and Jimmy could help in some way... We don't have much in the means of protection but we do have a sword... Knife thingy. Only for protection of course. You see it's just... I have a plan to really give one in the eye to Mr. Danya... It's actually quite a stupid plan but... If someone has managed to rebel against Danya already, then she needs all the protection she can get."

Alan was starting to get slightly more confident in his words. "I can understand if you can't have us, really. It's just... Leaving that girl to the first blood-crazy savage isn't the right thing to do. Right Jimmy." Alan looked to Jimmy for support.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
It seemed that Alan's request was going to be declined, not that he didn't expect it to in the first place, these people seemed to know what they were doing anyway. What could Alan do but polity salute back.

"Forget it, I don't think we stand a chance of them joining us. Let's just find someone else."

This came from Jimmy, Alan agreed with him in an instant, but felt that he couldn't leave these people without some sort of goodbye.

"You're right, there's not much more we can do for you but wish you the very best of luck... Not that it counts for much here. Still, here's hoping that when you do find this girl... That she's still in one piece." Alan trembled at the thought of the poor girl swarmed by turned students, all hunting her down the moment Danya throws several litres of metaphorical steak sauce over her. "So Adéu to you both. Although it doesn't mean much... I'll pray for you both... It seems to be the only thing I ever do on this island."

Finishing his piece, he turned and began to walk off into the distance, he had no idea what he could do to survive, but at least he had Jimmy, and he had Zoey; in his heart he knew that she was watching him, and hoping for his safety. Before walking completely off, he turned back to the group that he had just left and saluted once more, before walking off out of sight.

((Alan Rickhall continued in Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose.))
Edited by Limisios, Jan 8 2011, 08:58 AM.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply