Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cool Ranch; Day 4 - 2PM
Topic Started: Nov 22 2010, 01:04 PM (3,966 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jimmy Robertson continued from Heartbeat Symphony))

Unlike Alan walking in front of him, Jimmy's thoughts on the walk from the mine had been less fantastical. To him, saving people was a worthy goal, but the way Jimmy was thinking about it was simply Who's not crazy? It had been a long walk, and they had clearly lost themselves (although in fact, they had nowhere to go in particular), so it was almost surprising when Jimmy found himself back in the same wooded area that he had met up with David Meramac (actually, it was a different wooded area, but still ...), and then ...

KKSSSSSHHHH

"Kids, when I first looked through the dossiers we have on you guys, I was thinking no way no how were a bunch of saps like you going to provide much of a spectacle. I'm ever so glad you've all proved me so completely wrong. Ladies and gentlemen, as of this, the third announcement, a further twenty-three of your peers have bitten the dust. Outstanding, kiddies. Simply outstanding."

What? Twenty-three? That meant that there were, what, sixty people dead so far? How far were these people willing to go (Ahem ... Sarah Atwell?)?

... Deidre Paul, who took a tumble into the swamp and didn't come back out. For those of you keeping score at home, that's island four, dumb kids, nil. Next of the pathetic saps crew we had Simon Fletcher, who didn't even have the balls to off HIMSELF, and had to get Samantha Ridley to do it for him. Shame on you Simon, now Samantha has to live with shame and guilt tormenting her for the rest of her doubtlessly short life. Shame on you. Brock Mason finally found a gun that he could operate... although too bad for him it was pointing in the wrong direction ...

Deidre AND Brock were dead? Shit. (He didn't realize it yet, but he had also met Samantha Ridley on the very first day, although Danys's wording may have made Jimmy a little more sympathetic to Samantha) Things were going downhill for any type of fight (Although at this time, both Liz Polanski and Ethan Kent were both making attempts to escape, or at least screw with the game, but that was neither here nor there)...

... fat people are not in fact bulletproof and offing Craig Hoyle. That was not good. He knew Craig Hoyle from football. The guy didn't have a mean bone in his body, meaning either he snapped, which meant this game was really taking its toll on people, or even worse, that someone decided to up and kill poor Craig without provocation (the guy was way too nice to give anyone an actual reason to kill), meaning that there were people willing to do anything to win.

That had been the morning, and now it was the afternoon. Alan had gone into hiding by one of the stumps again, having noticed some people.

"Jimmy, look over there. There's some people over there, do you think they've turned, or are they like us. But you know what? I'm tired of hiding in places and putting you in danger like this, I'm going across with you." Alan whispered as he got up, and stopped, a little scared in that the students ahead of them were playing to win. "It's just ... Can you go ahead of me, I'll be right here behind you, I promise." Jimmy scratched his head for a second, mulling it over. (It's always me, right? Because I'm big and strong and have the good weapon.) This was, of course, his inner attitude speaking, amplified by the situation, and a lack of proper sleep habits.

"Yeah. Just stay right behind me." Jimmy peered at the group ahead of him. The group ahead of him seemed ... actually not that bad from seventy-five feet away (A closer look would have revealed some slight tension but nothing too bad). He just took a few steps forward, took a deep breath, and called out:

"Oh, my God! You're the first friendly group that I've seen in a while." (Which actually echoed his sentiments - he didn't see the mounting tension from his distance)
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry about this crappy post, but I'm on Day 12, and I should be sleeping))

"Violet! Y-You're okay! Thank goodness!" Jimmy hadn't noticed the third girl. In a way, it might have been best (said girl was Madeleine Smith, responsible for the death of Jonathan Jarocki). He noted Jessie Anderson (mainly due to hockey). The other three that he had seen originally (Mike, Violet, and Courtney) were a mystery to him as well.

"Indeed, I guess you are. I... We're not interrupting anything, are we? I'd hate to intrude on anything... Anything private." Alan was either trying to make inroads with the group or (quite possibly) backtrack for one of their comments. He looked around at the group that he and Alan had just come upon: the short girl that had called out seemed scared, Jessie seemed nervous (because seven people was pushing it for a group, but Jimmy didn't realize that), the girl in the black sweatshirt (Courtney) seemed nervous (because she wanted to join up with Violet and Mike) and as for the guy and the punky girl, well, they were suspicious (with good reason - they had witnessed Ilario Fiametta killing Jackson Ockley).

"Is everything okay? In spite of my weapon, we don't want to hurt anyone. I'm Jimmy, this is Alan," he motioned to Alan. He couldn't help it, but he was a little nervous as well. Please don't go psycho on us, we don't want to fight. Please ...

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The reactions to Alan and Jimmy's presence would have merited something, given the circumstances, were it not for the trademark crackling of the loud ... huh?

KKSSSSSHHHH

Wait. That's not right. Jimmy looked up, as if trying to confirm the time of day and reconcile it with the loudspeakers suddenly coming on.

"Good afternoon, students. I've been instructed to read out a prewritten statement from Mr. Danya regarding an incident that has taken place on the island." It was a good thing that Jimmy hadn't been drinking any water, as the voice of Mr. Kwong would have reflexively caused him to do a classic spit take.

"And I quote: It's come to our attention that one of your number has been interfering with their collar. This is clearly unacceptable. After all, we wouldn't want anybody refusing to play ball, would we? The student in question is Liz Polanski, some of you might know her. I'm speaking to you in order to bring an offer from Danya: should anybody successfully kill Liz Polanski, they will immediately be awarded a weapon from our very own stash of best kill prizes as a bounty." This managed raise Jimmy's eyebrows. Not because Jimmy was only slightly surprised, but because the proverbial one-two punch of both Mr. Kwong not being dead and this Liz Polanski's screwing with the (evil) system was in fact almost beyond belief, to the point where Jimmy was almost shocked beyond response.

"Miss Polanski, if you instruct anybody, verbally or by any other method, in your techniques, we will immediately detonate their collar. If we see you persisting in trying to break our rules, we will detonate collars at random. If you remain at large, we will send in a team to hunt you and anybody found to be allied with you down. We may also ... we may also see fit to eliminate your beloved teacher."

There was a small part of his brain that had managed to keep itself grounded in reality: if Liz was as big of a threat as they saw her to be, why not blow her ... unless she succeeded. Unfortunately, it also meant they were playing hardball: to ensure compliance, they were using a sort of classic carrot-and-stick method: appeal to the baser, more desperate part of the student body, while trying to scare Liz into surrendering.

"It has also come to our attention that Miss Polanski has recklessly destroyed one of our cameras, as a punishment, we will now detonate a collar ... What!? No! I - you can't make me - " A scuffle. "I ... I will be commencing this punishment now." This was what jolted Jimmy fully back to reality. His left hand reflexively went to his collar as he gasped, visibly fearful that they were going to pick him ...

"B148, Daisuke Nagazawa, eliminated. This is your teacher, Kwong Lei, signing off. Kids I believe in -!" Jimmy just stood there for a couple seconds, shocked beyond all thought, until.

"Did that just happen?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry about the late post - review is a bitch))

Needless to say, everyone was pretty shocked at the announcement, why exactly he couldn't pick out, but it was most likely either because someone had screwed with the collars, which meant that another collar could be tampered with, the fact that Danya was now detonating collars, and nobody wanted to die by collar, or because of the threat now placed on Liz Polanski's life. Then, everybody started to leave. First the redhead, then the short girl.

It was at this time that Alan spoke up about finding Liz Polanski, and Violet agreed.

"Yeah," in response to Alan's question. "She's the only one with both the know-how and the guts to screw over the game, plus, there's probably a bunch of other people looking for her for the same reason. If she's really destroying cameras, then maybe we can all meet up and rise up against Danya - either go home or at least die on our own terms." At least that's what he would have said if Mike hadn't mouthed something to them.

"I got this." As a result, Jimmy was able to very clearly and confidently say "Yeah, she's - " before clamming up. It was something about how he mouthed it that suggested that maybe Jimmy and Alan should shut up. They talked for a bit before Violet offhandedly saluted them. Jimmy rolled his eyes.

"Forget it," he whispered to Alan. "I don't think we stand a chance of them joining us. Let's just find someone else."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry about how short this is. Gotta set Jimmy up.))

"You're right, there's not much more we can do for you but wish you the very best of luck, not that it counts for much here. Still, here's hoping that when you do find this girl ... that she's still in one piece. So Adieu to you both. Although it doesn't mean much, I'll pray for you both. It seems to be the only thing I ever do on this island."

Alan said his piece and left, saluting them. Jimmy just smiled mirthlessly as he said his goodbyes.

"I hope I'll see you around. Hopefully one of us can find Liz and find out how she can help us. And if you do find out, tell Danya that he can go to hell." Jimmy nodded as he followed Alan out of there.

((Jimmy Robertson continued in Darken Your Clothes and Strike A Violent Pose))
Edited by decoy73, Jan 11 2011, 08:42 PM.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply