Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cool Ranch; Day 4 - 2PM
Topic Started: Nov 22 2010, 01:04 PM (3,967 Views)
Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Madeleine Smith continued from...Fuck)

Last night had been a nice change of pace for Madeleine, as it was the first night since coming here that she hadn't felt worried about dying. Sure, she was probably going to be placed on the chopping block the first time she caught sight of somebody, but at least she was nice and rested for her funeral. She even allowed herself a wide contented yawn as she traipsed through the felled forest...and tripped over something. Thinking that she had stepped over a stump by accident, Madeleine prepared to fire off a minor expletive when she turned around and saw what her foot had found. Her prior contentment and satisfaction vanished in an instant.

Bodies. BODIES! They're just...lying here! What...WHY?!

While Madeleine didn't know Vera Osborne's name, the hole through her eye communicated vividly and gruesomely the means by which she had met her end. Skittering away from the body, Maddy placed her back to a nearby stump and held the sides of her head, holding back the dizziness that had suddenly set in. As she shivered in the noonday sun, her mind fought fiercely to prevent her from screaming or passing out, and she forced herself to pay attention to something else. Anything that would put her mind off of the thing she had just witnessed.

It was at that point that she heard a nearby conversation between a number of people. Turning to see where the voices were coming from, she saw a group not that far off, and suddenly had to also fight back the urge to spring up and start running for them, for in that group, she recognized someone very dear to her. Someone who had the very dubious honor of being considered her best friend.

Someone who, if you recall, ditched you the instant that danger struck. Now, what kind of dear friend would do that?

Maddy shook her head. She couldn't allow spite to overcome her any more than fear. Possibly even less so. All the same, the sudden temptation to pull out the loaded and unfolded SMG from her bag was quite compelling. Instead, she simply stepped towards the group and shouted, "Violet! Y-You're okay! Thank goodness!" She accompanied her shouting with waving momentarily before self-consciously withdrawing her hand and shrinking down a little.

As she came close enough to get a better look at the group, she noticed that both Violet and that other guy who had been at the truck (Mike, was it?) were tensed for battle for some reason. Was it because of her, or were the two people who she didn't recognize dangerous somehow? Whatever the case, she stopped a bit of a distance away and reached her hand over to her daypack. "Is, uh...is everything okay?" she asked, getting into a battle stance as well, or at least a close approximation thereof. If something went down, she'd be ready for it, but she hoped that it wouldn't come to that.
V7 Kids
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
So it was a bit of a standoff. Maddy had expected that, though it seemed that most of the aggression was on the part of Violet and Mike. The situation seemed to be calming down a little though, as everyone else seemed to be stating their case and generally attempting to be amicable. With a shrug, Madeleine walked over to Violet, but froze suddenly when the island's loudspeakers sounded off...in the middle of the day.

Odd, that hasn't happened before.

As Maddy listened, she was equally surprised at the voice that came from the loudspeakers. Rather than the smug voice of the island's master, Danya, they were instead listening to an announcement from Mr. Kwong. "I thought he was dead..." she mumbled to herself, paying close attention to every word. Apparently, someone on this island had succeeded in removing their collar. Madeleine was amazed by this, and curious to hear how that was done, until Mr. Kwong detailed the punishment for this act. Just by associating with this Liz, someone could die. Maddy would have to be careful to get the name of everyone she ran across, because she, for one, did not feel like dying because of something that somebody else did.

Liz, you may have been a nice person, but if I ever find you, I might have to kill you now. So...congratulations, whoever you are. Good freaking work.

With that bitter note running through her mind, Maddy turned back to Violet and Mike. "I, uh...I'm glad that you guys are okay," she said, trying to switch gears from discussion of Liz. Looking at the other folks who had approached from various directions, she said quietly so that only Violet could hear, "L-let them come over. I...I've got you covered." She patted the side of her daypack to accentuate the point. If something happened, she would not hesitate to pull out an SMG in defense of Violet, and she was sure that Violet would be a lot more relaxed with that knowledge.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maddy had to admit that being ignored was preferable to drawing too much attention, but having her supposed best friend ignore her was a bit of a sharp stab to her diminutive ego. But rather than dwell on it, she simply focused on what her friend was suggesting. That...wasn't too good either. Rather than taking the natural route and hunting down Liz before she could hurt more people, Violet was suggesting that the group find her and save her FROM the people who would hunt her down. To Maddy, this was tremendously stupid, and she was about to say so, but the words died in her throat.

If I tell her that I'm hunting Liz down, will she still be my friend? Will I have to kill her too?

Rather than relate the news, Maddy opted instead to sneak away while Violet was asking for Mike's opinion on the matter. Stealthiness was something that the little artist did well, and she was very good at making herself scarce. And so, she fled, hoping to find Liz before Violet did, and deal with her in the only way that made sense.

I've got this gun for a reason. If I take Liz down, no more people will die because of her.

Yes, but they will still die. Whatever you do will just be buying them time. In fact, if you weren't a potential victim of her antics, it might be in your best interests to let her keep on with it. Thin out the competition a little, hmm?

Maddy once again had to shake her head to clear it. The thought of actually competing in this sick game made her stomach drop, and she had to renew her vows to not be a killer.

I'm not going to play. I'm NOT! I just...I just need to kill Liz. I don't want to. It just has to be done.

(Madeleine Smith continued elsewhere)
V7 Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply