Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cool Ranch; Day 4 - 2PM
Topic Started: Nov 22 2010, 01:04 PM (3,968 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jessie Anderson continued from Promise))

It felt good in a lot of ways. It was almost like I was putting up my own miniature rebellion. 'Look here you, I know you're trying to foster suspicion and fear, but I'm not buying into it.' Some people would probably have called it naive... but I don't really think that's true... I knew exactly what the potential consequences were.

...I just relied on my faith.

~*~

Jessie's stride ate up the island's expanse with ease. Underfed and overwrought she might have been, but she was still in damn good shape. It was a big point of pride - that worst of sins - for her to be so athletic, coming hand in hand with her captaincy of the girls hockey team back at Bayview. Jessie had always been a bit self-conscious about her size, and had worked hard to make sure that her weight didn't get out of control. Jessie could only imagine how the non-sportsmen were bearing up.

She stopped, sighed, pushed an errant red lock from her eye. Because fatigue was going to be the number one concern for everyone right now. Sure. People had died - were dying out there. People like DK. But others too. All of them, even. Nobody deserved to be killed, nobody deserved being put in a position to commit suicide. It didn't matter who they were, or what they'd done. This was Bayview school's Senior year and although there were bad eggs, people who would probably never become goody-two-shoes law abiding citizens... that didn't mean that they had this island coming.

"Even the worst of us didn't deserve anything like this..."

Jessie looked up, kept walking and then saw something. A pair of people, actual people. They didn't look ar- No. She couldn't think that way. She couldn't base her trust on weapons. That was what the game was trying to do. Breed paranoia, turn friends against one another. Turn acquaintances against one another. It was a lot easier to see a killer in a face not so familiar. She took a deep breath, looked down.

"Please watch over me, Lord," she murmured, then looked up again. "Hey guys! It's Jessie Anderson!" Jessie spread her arms wide, making it obvious she wasn't carrying anything. Not everybody would be as willing to trust as her. "Can I come over?"
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Recognition. Wait… she knew these guys. Well, Jessie really knew most people, insomuch as she could put names to faces. She had a knack for remembering people, probably had a fact or two in her head about most everyone at Bayview. Perhaps she was a little nosy, Jessie liked to think it was because she cared about everyone, not just say the hockey team… or Imraan.

But the pair in front of her, now that she was a little closer, were familiar. Not well-known or close, but familiar. The girl was Violet Druce, dyed hair making her immediately recognisable. She, and Jessie felt a slight creeping of unease at this, made amateur slasher films. But… no. Liking gory movies didn’t mean you were a psychopath. Much as Jessie hated say, the Saw films, the people exiting the theatres hadn’t suddenly turned into serial killers. Besides, she was with someone. Mike Moretti. Jessie didn’t know a whole lot about his hobbies, he wasn’t notorious like Violet. She did remember him from a couple of advanced classes though, he was… an okay guy, she supposed. Had a bit of an ego, but that was nothing exceptional. Jessie’s immediate concern was the weapon he had raised above his head. Some kind of flail.

It would’ve been a lie to say that it didn’t give her pause. It looked vicious, lethal. Mike wasn’t the most muscular guy in the world, but a swing from that would be all kinds of bad news. Jessie forced herself to not think in that way. They were scared, just like everyone was scared – they didn’t know if they could trust her. Neither of them were going to act, just defend themselves… which meant she had to make sure that she didn’t act threateningly, or even in any way that could be interpreted like that.

Jessie started to step towards the pair, in spite of their warning, then stopped short when she saw somebody approaching from the opposite direction. Jessie didn’t have such a good view of the newcomer, but when she called out her name, the hockey player immediately had a quick mental profile to draw on. Courtney Bradley, the English girl that had transferred into Bayview a couple of years back. Jessie was pretty sure she’d helped Courtney make her way around the school a few times when she first arrived. It was a long while ago though…

This… made things a bit sticky. Jessie hesitated, now Mike and Violet had people on either side of them. That couldn’t be a good place to be in, not one bit. Even so… she couldn’t bring herself to just turn and walk away. Step number one in this game was trust, always had to be trust, but she couldn’t write people off because of justified suspicion. The olive branch had to come from her.

Jessie slowly turned 360 degrees, arms still spread wide, showing quite clearly that nothing was tucked into her trousers. She locked eyes with Mike.

“I understand. But I’m asking you to trust me anyway. Nothing more, for now. Just to trust me from what you know of me as a person,” Jessie gave a little shrug. “If you can’t… well, no harm and no foul, I guess. Please, just try.”

Then, more voices.

Oh man. This was getting crowded in a hurry and tenser by the moment, no matter who these others were…
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alan Rickhall, the guy with the slight accent. Jessie wanted to say drama club. Jimmy Robertson, footballer, got beaten up badly towards the beginning of the year. She knew him, at least a little. Even so... they weren't exactly helping things out here. Jessie was sure that neither of them meant any harm, but jeez, with tensions already high, the last thing any of them needed was for a couple of guys to stumble gaily in before the initial encounter had even been resolved. Bad timing, to say the least.

Mike looked like he was maybe about to say something in response to Jessie's bold (foolish? Naive? No, she knew the risks) when, of all things, the PA system rumbled into life. Jessie slowly let her hands drop to her sides, looking around in confusion, as if that would help her discover the reason for the abrupt change in schedule. There was a fleeting, very fleeting hope that it would be some friendly gentleman on the address, telling them that they needn't be worried, Danya had been dealt with and they should just sit tight to be saved.

No such luck.

~*~

It's cliche... but it was the last person I ever expected to hear speaking. How could any of us? So far as we knew, he was dead, gunned down w-with all of the others. Those weren't his words though... they were Danya's, Danya speaking through him. Not until the end did he let any of himself through.

In some ways... In some ways I almost think he had it worse than us.

~*~

And just like that, they'd blown Daiskue's collar. Daisuke Nagazawa, the kid that had only transferred into Bayview at the beginning of senior year, from... was it California? California sounded right. Jessie never really got to know him, he was... distant, even though she'd tried to make him feel welcome (like she did any transfer, a friendly face meant a lot). Not even killed in this sick game, just... blown up out of nowhere. On a whim, as a warning, almost.

Lord almighty... please give me strength.

Mr. Kwong had sai- ...No. Danya had said through Mr. Kwong, that they should kill Liz Polanski, kill one of the only people with the courage and the smarts to actually take on the game. Liz... nothing sprang to- wait. The short, gothy type girl, the one that aced every test in every math class. And now, now there was some kind of bounty on her head.

Would some people out there be stupid enough, selfish enough, to try and take Danya up on that? ...Yes, yes they would.

Which meant she had no time to waste here. This was foolhardy to the extreme, but there was no way - no way on God's green Earth that Jessie was going to let something like that fall by the wayside. It couldn't take a back seat (well... perhaps, Jessie was a little guilty to admit, Imraan). If Jessie could somehow help this Liz... heck if she could even find her...

Maybe... maybe she could prevent another DK.

Jessie stopped in her tracks.

"Sorry," she said flatly. "I can't ignore that. ...Good luck, guys."

Then she spun and started running as hard as she could.

"God protect all of you."

((Jessie continued in Shaker))
Edited by Namira, Jan 1 2011, 07:36 PM.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply