Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wind in the Willow
Topic Started: Nov 17 2010, 06:29 PM (3,986 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aston Bennett continues from Life's a Beach))

So for the last...what, day or so, Aston took it upon herself to have some extra responsibility.

Watch the girl.

She'd already proved herself quite the dangerous person to be around, what with her little action back at the beach, and even without her weapon, which Aston now hoisted in her left hand, she was still someone she needed to watch. This proved quite difficult, because despite her protests, the boy carrying Marty didn't stop once. So her so-called master security plan against the multi-haired girl was reduced to "look over her shoulder every so often to check if she's got shifty eyes".

Still, at least she had another weapon, that was an infinite plus.

At last, long last, they stopped near a stream. Letting out a sigh of relief, Aston jogged towards the water and, dropping everything she carried on the bank behind her, dunked her head into the shallow water. Clenching her eyes shut (she didn't need to be blind this early in the game) she soaked her fraying hair in the stream for almost a minute.

One minute was up.

Lifting her head out of the water, she glanced at her belongings again. Still untouched. She shook her head a little bit dry, and walked back to her belongings. Piling everything into her bag, and throwing Marty's bag over her shoulder, she took it upon herself to try and spike her hair again. Ever since her wash at the stream a little while before she met these guys, it was falling apart. Aston ran her fingers through her hair and sought out solitary groups of curling hairs to clump together into a spike. As she noticed the boy laying his friend down, she tried to make one particular curl stick up.

After about five seconds, it fell to the wayside and, grunting in frustration, Aston gave up.

So then the questions started rolling from the rocker guy. What had happened to them to make them start to turn on the small boy in front of them?

Well, Aston was up, so she answered before the rest of them.

"Yeah, everyone freaked out a bit. Your friend there freaked out, then I just...got a little stressed and yeah, when I get stressed, I get angry, and I tend to get a bit excessive when I'm angry. I think I lost your friend's tent as well. And then..." Aston turned her head to Michelle, and her glare at her was almost like icy daggers ripping through a sheet "This girl decided to shut him up by knocking him out. I suppose you saw that bit, so I don't think I need to explain any more."

Sticking her tounge out of the side of her mouth just a bit, she looked around Joshua to the small short-haired boy laying on the tree trunk.

"I hope your friends okay. I don't think that hit over the head did him any good. He could probably have a concussion if we're lucky, or some brain damage. It's not like a cartoon or anything, he's not gonna brush this off easily. If we're not lucky..." Aston avoided the rocker's gaze for the next sentence "There's a chance he might not wake up at all."

Yes, she was being rather melodramatic, but she had to take a bit of charge here. She'd seen first hand the effects of such an assault on the head, though not on humans, so if she could just get a look at him...

"Do you mind...if I have a look at him? Just to check the extent of the bruising and damage and stuff?"
Edited by Brackie, Nov 18 2010, 02:30 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And so the little tall tales started to build up around her.

That little action back at the beach, the one she only did because she was stressed, mind you, was now become the most damning piece of evidence against her. The only two other people there, the only ones that should have understood what she was going through back there, were obviously not that appreciative of the fact that she happened to think she was better than them. Of course, she closed her eyes once the bitch who tried to kill the guy stopped rambling on. No need to actually take that stuff in. She instead walked past the boy with the...rather handsome face, come to think of it...and examined the boy lain down at the trunk of the large willow tree.

First, the vitals. The boy's head was tilted forward, away from the tree. Sighing at how much the other guy didn't know, she tilted his head back so that his airway wasn't closed off. She saw it in a movie once. A girl knocked out in a car crash wasn't breathing, and the only problem was that her head was hung forward, and all it took was one person with common sense enough to know that it was blocking off her air supply.

Honestly, civilization crumbled when she wasn't around.

Moving back his sleeves, she checked his pulse. It was pretty light, but still maintained its steady beat. Tha-bump, Tha-bump, Tha-bump. That was even better. Next, she checked the brusing on the back of the boy's head.

Now here was where she was confused. She didn't share show it, but she hadn't the slightest idea what she was doing here. She couldn't tell if he was only going to get a bruise, if his skull was cracked, if he'd suffered a concussion, if he was braindead...he couldn't die like this, could he? The last thing he would have seen was her, being a psycopath. That wouldn't bode well for her conscience.

She felt his head, feeling her fingers through the small amount of hair on his skull, and found the growing lump. It wasn't wet, good, and it wasn't throbbing, probably better. It wasn't bleeding at all, which she made sure of...now she didn't know what to do, despite the fact she had a focused look on her face and gave off an aura of knowledge.

Suddenly, without any warning, more people started to show up on the scene. There was an Australian boy, who seemed to know Chase, and promptly rode into the scene on a firey horse and upstaged her by having the littlest bit of first aid knowledge.

"Oh, uh, hey there. Guy got hit over the head by a crowbar, he's been out cold for a while," Aston started, before realising there was someone else on the scene as well. Moving away from the boy now, she headed closer to her bags to get a bit of bread. She'd been a bit hungry on the long hike, and now was time to chow down. Looking up as she approached her bags, she saw that religious girl from GODSpeed at Bayview, Rachel Gett-

!!!

"Moving right along, we had Theo Behr take a dirt nap, with Rachel Gettys being the one to put him to bed. God probably told her to do it or something."

Tenth to buy the farm was Edward Belmont, who invoked the wrath of god in the form of Rachel Gettys and took a rock to the head for his trouble."

Oh. Shit.

In the moments that followed in which Aston recognized the crazed woman standing in front of her, she didn't give off a signal that she was troubled by this appearance. Acting lessons, she had none, but it was more like containing a silent impulse. Part of her wanted to turn vigilante, take her out now, save them all from the trouble. Meanwhile, the other part was telling her to keep calm, pick up her bags, turn around, drop them closer to the body, and walk right over the the guy and cross her arms.

Which is what she did.

"Uh, yeah, no one's dead here Rachel," Aston said, before slightly closing her mouth, moving her tongue, and speaking out of the corner of her mouth.

"That's Rachel Gettys. She's killed. Twice. We're all in fucking danger here. Get everyone to move away quickly, and I'll stay and hold her off. If you wanna stay here, you can, you have a gun of some sort and you look like you stand a hell of a better chance than the other two girls and your unconsious friend there."

Stopping momentarily, she commented again.

"Whatever they say, I'm not crazy by the way."
Edited by Brackie, Nov 25 2010, 09:36 PM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She felt so wonderful, even briefly. Joshua seemed to believe her, and right on queue, the others started to react to the little whispers she put out. The goth girl, Anna, suggested taking him down to the water to "wake him up". Course, Aston didn't know how that would work. Thing was, she only worked at an animal shelter, recognised a few little things here and there. If someone could probably work out every little thing she couldn't manage, then...she could probably get the group out of this!

...what the hell? Was she...was she about to become a leader here? Nah, that couldn't be her, she was way too good to be stuck with these guys until...wait, could she?

Well, didn't have time to make that decision, really, since Rachel, certified nutball, decided she was going to start her stupid religious ramblings. It made absolutely no sense. Aston knew fuck-all about Christianity, but what she did know was that it wasn't whatever Rachel fucking Gettys was rambling on about. Wasn't it supposed to be about being nice people? She'd never fit in there regardless, but still, what the hell happened to the girl's head to make her think like that?

Oh, also, the bitch wanted her crowbar back.

Everyone muttered, or even said something. Anna stuck by her suggestion. Michelle supported it. Michelle wanted her weapon back. Ben was being an idiot. The boy who thought he was so clever and couldn't be seen in the background scurried away like a rat. And Joshua...well, he was being rather helpful.

He was speaking to her, Rachel, getting down on her level. Escape plan, really, they had none, but they did have something more than she had. They had...

Well, she had a gun.

Catching Joshua's eye, she nodded slightly and returned the wink quickly.

"Okay, so...you, and you," Aston pointed to Anna and Michelle "You get Marty here downstream so we can...wake him up, yeah. Oh, if he does wake up, you can give him some bread as well," leaning down, but still keeping Rachel in her line of sight, she retrieved a portion of bread and kept it in view for Rachel to see. No point in making her think they were gonna try something. No matter how armed they were, she was still as crazy as a loon, so keeping her unawares was focal.

She also needed to be unaware of the long, metal bar that she slid across the damp grass towards Michelle. That was something she knew would be paramount in making sure this all turned out okayer than okay. If Michelle tried anything - again - then Aston could just stop her right then and there.

Turning to the Australian boy, she still kept Rachel in the slimmest part of her peripheral vision, but spoke only to him.

"Okay, so-"

Her hand slipped to her side.

"-you know first aid, do you not?"

A brief flick towards their enemy.

"You should probably go with them-"

The index twirled around in a circle. 4 times.

"-make sure they're okay-"

A small vertical slicing motion. Back. Forth. 3 times.

"-and make sure the guy doesn't do anything crazy if...when, he wakes up."

A small flicker of a grin.

Turning back to Rachel now, she placed her hands on her hips.

"And, yeah, my friend-" Aston's voice broke momentarily there. Friend? Yeahno. "-is right. We kinda already have something planned, so if you don't mind, we'll...be working on that! Yeah!" Aston...smiled.

Okay, never doing that again.

This was something much better than her original plan. Stay and hold her off? She didn't really have much faith in how smart her allies were if she didn't think that they were capable of reacting to danger. They were...helpful, to say the least.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And then...she was gone.

Aston couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief at the departure of her first crazy encounter. Part of her, a little bit inside, just wished Rachel had stayed behind and attempted to kill them. It would have given her a good excuse to use her gun, a bit of excitement here and there. It would have been even more great if she'd even had to chance to do so without risking her life.

Oh well, she could wish all she wanted, but the fact remained...she did a good job.

If she said so herself, she thought that the two of them did a pretty good job of taking care of a perfectly dangerous threat to their lives.

At least Joshua seemed pretty certain that they did a good job. While he seemed content on celebrating, Aston was perfectly content on watch and making sure that Rachel was fully out of their line of sight before she broke open her metaphorical champagne. She watched, she waited as Joshua spoke, and...bam, gone.

Aston tried to smile, but really couldn't find the motivation to. She just realised, as Joshua lumbered over to his friend, that there was an unmistakable look of despair on that Ben Powell guy's face.

Swallowing, not really sure what to say, Aston just spoke what she thought.

"Look, I really dunno what you've been through, but trust me when I say that nothing good's gonna come from you following her. If you can't tell already, she's...she's gone, man, she's not making any sense. She's not gonna save you, she's not gonna be able to get you out of here, so, don't even think about it, okay?"

Fuck tact, she was just being practical. Glancing around at the scene unfolding beside her, she smirked, picked up Joshua's gun, and walked over to the scene as she left the Powell boy to decide what he wanted to decide. If he left, fuck him. If he stayed, he'd be of some use where she wasn't.

Walking around the group, she stopped behind the girl who now held her crowbar back again. Not even trying to beat around the bush with her, she pushed the tip of the gun into her back and whispered quietly to her only.

"She's gone now. Give back the crowbar. If you did so without making a scene, that would be great."
Edited by Brackie, Dec 20 2010, 06:42 AM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hahahahawhat?

Alright, so the boy down there had amnesia or something along those lines.

...okay.

That was both a contrived thing and a good thing. Exploding in someone's face was honest-to-whoever a great thing to have forgotten about you, as far as embarrassments and stupidity went in hindsight, but really, just how much was this guy gonna forget? He was knocked unconscious, that meant brain damage full-stop.

But what was on the foremost of Aston's mind right now was that, if the boy wasn't bullshitting them and really did have some sort of amnesia, it was all about making sure she worded everything she said to him right. Temporary amnesia, all the stuff you saw on TV, that stuff was, well, only temporary. If what she said next wasn't technically a lie, then there was nothing to hold against her.

Unless he asked what happened to his tent. Like that would ever happen though.

However, priorities.

Michelle, the girl in front of her who probably hated her guts more than anyone else on the island at this very moment (not that Aston particularly cared) had relinquished her temporary weapon. As the whole scene between the two boys played out in her vicinity, she leant down to pick it up, still keeping her newly acquired (borrowed, though; no matter what she was still only carrying a mini bow and arrow) weapon honed on Michelle, the goth girl, Anna something or other, made a particularly peculiar enquiry regarding the crowbar.

Wait, SHE wanted to have it? The little goth girl who would probably get bowled over by a gentle breeze wanted to play with the big girls? Really, it was a terrible idea in theory, and this time right now was probably the most fucked-up time to try and experiment for practicality.

Instead of responding right away, Aston instead took the crowbar into her fingertips and curled themselves comfortably around the metal bar. As the scene between the two boys drew to it's denouement, Aston piped up with a well-timed throat-clearing.

"Okay, just so I don't waste anyone's time, I'll just summarise what happened before after I met you, cause I think I was the first one out of these guys to do that," Aston said, as she slipped the crowbar into her other hand.

First, she pointed to herself.

"I found you on the beach."

Then she pointed to Superbitch, aka Michelle.

"Then she came along."

Her fingers whipped around towards Anna.

"Then she came along."

Back towards Marty himself.

"You freaked out."

Her fingers sat judgingly (and yes, that was totally a word), back pointing at herself.

"I," Aston swallowed "Freaked out a bit."

She pointed towards Superbitch (hey, that was a nice name after all) one more time.

"She almost killed you with a fucking crowbar," Aston held up her stolen weapon for proof, before yanking it out of view again.

"And then, your friend here came along and stopped her from doing any more damage."

A vague circle motion was spun, encompassing the entire group...except the Australian boy.

"We all came to stop around here. People came, like this Australian guy, and then you woke up. The End. Oh, also, goth girl, catch" Aston said, and just like that the crowbar was tossed across the group towards Anna, landing at her feet.

"Just keep your little hands on it, don't want anything unpleasant to happen," Aston snidely remarked, before turning towards Superbitch, "Do we?"

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Just saving Aston and Michelle from asplodin here))

Aston shoved her newly acquired gun in her bag, and ran after the two boys and the goth girl.

Michelle followed at her heels.

((Aston Bennett and Michelle O'Cain continued in And As If It Couldn't Get Any Worse))

[[THREAD CLOSED]]
Edited by Brackie, Jan 27 2011, 05:28 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply