Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wind in the Willow
Topic Started: Nov 17 2010, 06:29 PM (3,975 Views)
Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Ben Powell continued from So What Do We Do Now?))

I think you've lost her.
I have not.
Seriously, dangerzone. I'm surprised you're still following actual prints, much less a group of them. It's definatly a different group.
Shut the hell up and keep walking.

Cracking his neck, Ben Powell marched on. He'd been following Chase for a day now. The only reason he was still doing it was because... OK, so there wasn't a real reason anymore except for the promise he'd made. She'd probably had forgotten about it anyway or something. At least she wasn't on the death tally, as well as Jacob and the others. He had lost track of them too, come to think of it. Jacob running off was still stuck in his head, the shot to the girlfriends chest, the blood. All etched in. He wanted to forget it. Never think of it again. So why was it still there, lingering at the back of his mind?

Because we could be next.

With a sigh, Ben kicked a rock and swore softly. Couldn't think like that. That path only led to destruction. As long as he was still breathing, he was going to do something with this. Anything. Right? Yeah. Right. Noticing the ringing in his left ear, he cracked his jaw, trying to pop his ear. Got to remain sane. Got to-

Voices?

Oh shit, yes.

Spinning around, he started to walk off the path, into the wood area, hiking over fallen logs. Definatly people. Talking. And water, if he wasn't mistaken. Oh, ears, you wonderful things, lemmie give you a hug. Grinning, he stepped out into the open, onto the side of a small stream, and on the other side...

"Oh, mate, what a party."

Giving a grin, Ben saluted at the group, before giving a frown at their apparent lack of acknowledgement of him. It was almost as if they were transfixed on... the body on the floor... Shit. Running over the creek, he started to take off his backpack. "FIRST AID, DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE?!"

You forgot the girl.
"Oh, and hey Anna."
B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Crowbar. To the head." Giving a very loud swear, he got out the first aid kit and had a look at the guy. No visible cuts, only a bit of swelling. Maybe something inside broken, but you don't touch that, you call 911 and get him upright with air.

The problem was that 911 wouldn't work here.

"Maybe we could like... put water over his head or something?" asked Chase. Not a bad idea. Would slow the bruising and swelling or something like that. Powell nodded quickly. "Good. That would work well."

At the mention of defending from Rachel, he gave a sudden jolt. "Oh jeez, where's Alex. I told him he could tag along if he could drop the chainsaw..." Twirling around, he swore. "Damni-"

Leave the island?

"Wait, woah. Leave the island? How? Collars are tamper-proof, remember?" Glancing at the man on the ground, he quickly thought. "Look, you have a plan? I don't care what you've done, I'll follow if you know what you're doing."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then all of a sudden, Ben felt very wrong-footed.

How desperate are you?
I thought she was not that bad, a bit on the religious side-
Stop seeing the good in people and start seeing the fucked up part of them.
I don't want to do that, everyone's good-
You're a goddamn idiot. Sarah, Reiko, Clio, Max, they're not good anymore.
Reiko's still good.
Six kills.
Really?
I'm your brain. I've been counting every death off, telling you that the person who owned the locker three to your left just died, that the person that you borrowed that pen off of killed again. Get it together, man.
She said there was a way off the island.
She was lying. She doesn't know a way off this island except pulling the trigger on yourself and going to the next world. That's what she was on about.

"...thanks mate, Aston, whatever."

Slapping himself, he quickly tried to turn around and look at the scene before realising an important truth: he had no fucking idea what the hell was going on after all. Some guy was dying and being raped- no wait, that was... goddamnit, STOP BEING MUDDLED BRAIN. Stop trying to do two things at once. Whatever. Anyway, he got out a few bandages and started to think. Or rather, tried to think. His mind was more like mush than the usual quick self, and he still had this slight tripped up feeling, as though he had made the wrong decision.

"OK. Tell me what's injured again, and I'll fix it to the best of my ability."

He could still be useful.
Couldn't he?

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Guys, the speakers!"

As they screamed into life, Ben's blood ran cold as the list of the fallen grew. This was a nightmare. And... Alex was down. Damn it. He actually thought he would be OK, and he was...

Giving a grunt, he listened to the dangerzones and blanched. Inland Woods.

"...what side of the woods are we on?"

Beep.

"Fuck."

Running to his backpack, he shoved it on roughly. "Chase, I'm leaving." Leaving for what?
You want to hunt them down, don't you.
No, I don't.
Yes. You do. You want them to feel pain.
NO!

"Shit. Chase, I... I think I need to be alone. I can't protect you. You'll be safe with these guys."

Can't protect anyone.
You can.

Blinking, he started to run up the creek, away from it all.

[[Ben Powell continued in That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.]]
Edited by Dropbear, Jan 22 2011, 09:06 PM.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply