Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wind in the Willow
Topic Started: Nov 17 2010, 06:29 PM (3,987 Views)
Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Rachel Gettys continued from Going Round in Circles)

Unlike many who traveled the island, Rachel's rest last evening had been somewhat peaceful, barring the occasional twinge of pain from her leg, for her safety had been assured. Just two days now, two days and two nights precisely, until she and her hundreds of disciples showed their backs to this wretched island. All that she needed now was the hundreds of disciples, and they would come, whether slowly or swiftly.

Well, and who might these people be?

Speaking of disciples, as she journeyed through the woods, she spotted a gathering of people afar off. She recognized quite a few of them, and she suspected they would do likewise the instant that she came into view. She wondered whether or not they had heard the announcements, but it was merely a fleeting curiosity, as it really did not matter whether or not they learned of her recent actions. She would merely let them know that the limey git had been interfering with the Lord's work, and that would be sufficient for any thinking man. If not...

Rachel's grip on the end of her improvised walking stick tightened as she drew herself into view. As she approached, she saw a man lying unconscious, and being attended to by others in the group. She heard brief snatches of conversation, though they were too faint to understand, but from what she understood, somebody had struck Marty Lovett unconscious in order to...she did not know. Perhaps she would learn by inquiring further.

"What happened here?" she asked, making a point to conceal her hobbling as much as she could. "Is this man dead?" No sense in letting them know that she had overheard anything. She would determine for herself who among this group was worthy of trust and who wasn't before she revealed her vision.
V7 Kids
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
All the murmuring and double talk that came from this group did not surprise Rachel. They were hypocrites, all of them, pretending to be friendly while simultaneously plotting mischief amongst themselves. They would find a special place in purgatory when their time came, but for now, they deserved the truth. What they did with it was their own business, but it was Rachel's solemn duty to proclaim the good news wherever it was needed. And these people needed it. That was certain.

"You people and your mutterings," she said, shaking her head in silent amusement. "I come not to kill, but to save, so you can relax." Her smile widened a little. "Though I must say, chastising someone for defending oneself is very low of you all. Would you rather that I had stood there and let those two men kill me? You would have probably called them murderers as well, and shunned them like the little hypocrites that you are."

Hobbling a little to the side to allow herself some distance from the man with the pistol crossbow, she continued, "But I am not here today to lecture you on morality. Instead, I would ask you to join me, as I am preparing to leave this island, and it would trouble me greatly were even one of you to remain behind when I am taken up to Heaven." She corrected herself a little when it came to people like Marty Lovett, but didn't voice her reason for excluding him out loud. "I regret to say that when I first told this to Mr. Belmont, he tried to kill me, and told me that my faith was false. But I assure you, this is very real. You must follow me, if you want to live."

Bigoted response inbound in 3...2...
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
T'was refreshing to hear the words of respect emanating from the mouths of those gathered here, though it was clearly out of fear rather than a genuine fondness for Rachel's words. Let them think her crazy. Rachel was not crazy, and their attempts to avoid her would only hasten their own demise. Were they not stricken by fear, they perhaps may have seen that they were safest in her presence. After all, as she was invincible for the next two days, no harm would befall her or her followers. Such was the brilliant nature of prophecy, that those whom the prophecies mentioned could not logically perish until the time of their prophecy came to pass. Rachel could see that, so why had blindness descended upon them all?

Well, most of them, anyway. Though it was hard to discern whether or not he seriously meant his words, Ben Powell had expressed interest in hearing more of what Rachel had to say. Ignoring the furtive actions of the others, as they could not harm her no matter what they would do, she spoke directly to Ben and stated, "If you would wish to know more, follow me, and I will show you the way. As for the rest of you-" she swept them with a patronizing smirk, "-you are free to go about your business howsoever you please, but you cannot outrun the Lord's judgment. In two days, something wondrous will happen, and I fear that if you are not on His side...well, I do not know. Perhaps you shall have to see it firsthand."

As she was about to leave, she said to the group at large, "Stay alive, and may His blessings fall upon you." She only halfway meant it though. So far as she was concerned, the Lord could drop fire on top of every arrogant head assembled here. Perhaps double fire for some of them, though a single fireball would probably be enough. Hobbling off, she called backwards, "Stay or leave, Powell. It is time to decide on your path." What she needed was a weapon of some kind, a means by which she could force others to see her point of view. Speaking simply and calmly was insufficient, it seemed, and with the deadline imposed upon her, she had no time for delays caused by those who were unwilling to see the truth.

(Rachel Gettys continued elsewhere)
V7 Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply