Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
These Three Remain; open, day 4
Topic Started: Nov 16 2010, 06:41 PM (1,815 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette continued from Caged in Like Animals))

Garry never thought that he'd miss feeling solid ground underneath his feet. But after spending the better part of the previous day clambering over slippery rocks, wading through shallow water and the occasional swim over deeper areas, he literally kissed the ground once he was able to reach dry land. Probably not the best thing to do in hindsight though, since Garry had to continually spit out grains of sand and dirt that rubbed against his teeth afterwards.

His injuries gained from the massive fall felt slightly better after a sleep during the night, but upon hearing the announcements the following morning, it felt like someone had stabbed him in the chest.

Hermione, one of his oldest friends, had died by taking her own life. His former companion Miranda was dead as well, murdered. The last time he'd seen her was two days ago, when they had that argument and went their separate ways. To hear she was now dead... that shocked him to the core. Daniel from the hockey team was dead as well, and now Nik had become a killer like his brother. 'Looking for the rest of the huskies... doesn't seem like a good idea now, does it?' Garry lamented. Half the team were murderers, and the other half, they were who knows where.

Worst of all though, he finally discovered who the person he and Luke had shared the clifftop with. Clio Gabriella. She'd killed twice during the first day, and had now taken another two people's lives. He felt like kicking himself; had he known who the purple-haired girl really was, he would have just ran away from her like his life depended on it, and would have told Luke to do the same. Could he have saved his life? Possibly... but for how much longer?

Kill or be killed, those were the only two options available to them. If someone didn't want to, didn't have it in them to murder someone, they just got murdered instead. Garry learnt that the hard way. He'd spared Clio's life, and she'd repaid him by shoving him off a fucking cliff. He was fortunate enough to survive the encounter, which probably pissed her off to no end. The thought of that made him smile slightly.

He'd been so much in thought that he only noticed the sleeping girl when he was just walking past her. A casual glance inland and he saw her propped up against the tree, an open book on her lap. She looked like she was only sleeping, but he just wanted to make sure. For all he knew, she could be unconscious or even dead.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, kneeling down in front of her.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Out of all the things that the girl could have responded to him with, "a great big bushy beard" was certainly not near the top of his list of things to expect. Maybe a "hello" or a "I'm fine, but you look terrible, what happened to you" or even a "get the hell away from me you weirdo/werewolf freak", but not something as random as the state of his beard. In all honesty, the remark had caught him off-guard.

"Um, thanks, I guess?" Garry replied in turn to her, subconsciously stroking his hand through the thick and tangled mass of black facial hair. So she wasn't dead or knocked out after all, she was only asleep and alive and well. And he'd just gone and woken her up. That made him feel like a bit of an ass for disrupting her slumber like that.

"Yeah, uh, sorry for waking you up, Maddy. I'm Garry, or Garou," he introduced himself when she asked. 'Maddy, huh? Where have I heard that name before, haven't I seen you somewhere before as well?' Garry wondered, searching his memory banks to try and find where exactly. 'Oh, wait, I think I know.'

"Hey, um, haven't I seen you hanging around at the ice rink before, you're not on the hockey team, are you?" he asked, as the name and the face came together in his mind. "Yeah, pretty sure I saw your name on the team list somewhere. Maddy... Stone, right?"

He looked down to one side of where Maddy sat and saw a machete lying on the ground, with a cleaver on the opposite side. She had two different weapons. 'Don't jump to conclusions just yet, you had two weapons yourself without killing anyone, until that bitch Clio stole them,' he mentally told himself, though he did take a step backwards, just to be sure. If she did decide to attack him, he wanted a good head start to get away from her. Managing to pin Clio down the day before was just a fluke; if he tried to defend himself with no weapons this time round, he'd just end up being hacked to pieces.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
The laughter was something that Garry was not expecting, and it just sounded completely out of place. Garry shuddered slightly, feeling shivers go down his spine. Maddy was seriously starting to creep him out, what with her cocking her head to one side and the aforementioned cackling. 'Has... has she lost her damn mind?' Garry thought, starting to feel very uneasy. He was used to purposefully creeping other people out with his werewolf-related remarks, but he wasn't used to it happening the other way round.

Maddy suddenly reached out and picked up a small rock lying in the sand. Garry flinched, believing she was about to hurl it at his head, bracing himself as the stone was practically shoved in his direction. Apparently it wasn't her intention, she was only showing it to him. 'Maddy Stone holding a stone. How witty.'

"Y-yeah, I'm on the men's team, I play hockey quite a bit, been in a few of the big games as well," Garry responded to her question, and then asking one himself. "Uh, have you seen Sau-?"

Garry would have completed the question, but at that very moment, Maddy had just grabbed the two bladed weapons, pulled them in close to her and then just stared at him. All sorts of alarm bells started ringing in Garry's head upon watching her. "Um, you know, never mind, I'll just look for him myself," he spoke in a near whisper, starting to slowly walk away from the girl, further and further away from the coast with each step. He looked back to her every couple of seconds, just to make sure she wasn't following him, machete and/or cleaver in hand. Once he was a good distance away from her location, he broke into a sprint.

Destination unknown.

((Garry Villette continued in Selfish))
Edited by JamesRenard, Dec 15 2010, 04:11 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Locked Topic