Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fabuleux; [[Reentry of B062- Early Day 4, Open]]
Topic Started: Nov 13 2010, 05:20 PM (4,023 Views)
Acelister
Member Avatar
Ask me about Transformers The Movie Abridged!
[ *  *  * ]
[[John Smith continued from Living In The Aftermath]]

John stumbled, almost hitting most of the trees he passed.

He'd stopped running and had a fitful sleep for a few hours in the night, but he hadn't been thinking straight since he ran from the Sawmill.

"Probably dead now..." he muttered, his clothes drenched with sweat. Tiredness racked his body and he couldn't stop thinking of what that girl screamed at him.

"Don't just sit there, come and help me." - then die when whoever he shot died as some sort of retribution? That's why he had to run.

He couldn't be responsible for killing someone! He even relocated worms he accidentally dug up in his parents garden! Sure, he shot whoever it was, but that was by accident!

He looked down at the shotgun in his hand, the weight of the two bags on his back now forgotten. He hadn't had anything to eat or drink since before the 'incident', so he still had most of what was in the daypack. Less one round of ammunition, he thought grimacing at himself.

He tripped and fell to his knees, his limbs feeling very heavy. His clothes were filthy and he was definitely dehydrated - he'd stopped sweating quite as much. This was probably a good way to lose weight...

He looked up at the trees ahead which were thinning. He could hear the ocean crashing against cliffs. It wasn't a beach and he didn't know how high they were, but if he stayed here - nobody could get up behind him and kill him. He'd be safe... He got up and glanced behind himself as he walked towards the cliiftops.
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Go and watch Transformers The Movie Abridged!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John walked up to the edge of the cliffs and watched a couple of waves hit the rocks below. The shotgun hung limply in one hand and he considered, if only for a moment, throwing it. What had it done for him?

Caused his arm to start aching. Shot a guy. Hung around uselessly.

Nothing else! Problems. That's what this was.

He then thought to look around, so did so as he took a step back. He froze when his eyes focussed on the three teens stood a short distance away.

Vivian - super-gay of the whole school. John liked guys, but Vivian took it up a notch for sure.
Janet - cheerleader who was too chaste to have a reputation but too slutty to avoid one.
Sofia - she was in History, right?

He slowly licked his lips, very aware of the fact he didn't reload his shotgun. He might have ended up blowing his crotch up or his face off, in his hurry to run from where he shot that guy. On the plus side - there was a small statue and a lead pipe on display. If those were the only weapons here, a fight would totally go in his favour. So long as he reloaded the shotgun before they reached him and beat the shit out of him...

He slowly let his bags slip down his arm and fall to the ground. Ammo was fairly resilient, right? Collisions with clothing was harmless... Surely. But should he speak? They seemed to be talking - they must have been travelling in a group. So it really was three-against-one...
Edited by Acelister, Dec 2 2010, 05:05 PM.
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John waited silent but for his breathing, as the three eventually all took in the guy with the gun. He couldn't remember hearing their names in the announcements, but that wasn't a guarantee. Today's announcement still hadn't gone out - they might have killed a dozen people this morning or even last night.

"Fuck this."

John's eyes widened as Sofia began stalking towards him, brandishing her lead pipe. This wasn't a good thing. He hadn't reloaded yet, meaning the gun was useless.

"Drop that fucking gun or find out what lead tastes like. Your choice."

Or was it?

"Fuck off!" he stated, levelling the shotgun at her. When that didn't slow her pace noticeably, he realised she might be calling his bluff. From what he's seen, it would be believable that Danya would give someone a gun but no ammunition. Or he might have already used his ammo. Or not reloaded.

He shifted the weapon quickly, turning it to take hold of the barrel. The weight of it was very different this way, making it seem heavier due to his inability to hold it firmly. But he didn't consider that as he swung the shotgun like a club. "Stay the fuck off!" he shouted, a mash-up of 'stay the hell away' and 'fuck off'. He swung it several times even though he wasn't sure if he was trying to hit her or just keep that pipe out of his teeth.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John could feel that he was freaking out. This girl looked psychotic! Stood there, dodging his ill-timed, ill-aimed swings in silence. Despite the lack of speech, he didn't try to hear the announcement that barked into life.

"Stupid fat fuck!"

Oh, THAT was better than silence... What, she wanted to get a rise from him? As if she was the first person to throw that insult at him. But at least this was keeping that lead pipe away from him. So long as she didn't get any closer to him, he'd have to keep swinging this shotgun. Hopefully not hitting her, but who knew what might happen.

'WHACK'

John's eyes widened and his jaw dropped - he hit her. He couldn't move to take the gun away, words of apology froze in his throat. Guilt welled up, momentarily blinding him to the fact that dreaded lead pipe was raised in the air, then flying towards him.

"You're mine!"

'CRACK'

John let out a scream of pain as metal met flesh - then bone.

"My arm!" he cried, the shotgun dropping from his grip as he grabbed his now-certainly fractured left forearm. Tears stung his eyes and began to stream down his face as a patch of blood began to grow on his sleeve. It wasn't a lot or fast, but the pain was clearly not just from a broken bone. John clung to the injured body-part, a look of horror on his face. He didn't even see the other three anymore, pain clouding his vision and his mind.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"FUCK YOU!"

John didn't even look at Janet before she crashed into his legs, taking him down to the ground.

He called out in pain as he landed hard on his broken arm, tears blinding him and pain causing white noise in his ears and mind. He was aware that someone straddled him, but that's as far as it went. He couldn't feel the further injuries she was inflicting on him, couldn't hear the words she screamed at him...

He did become aware of her becoming silent, though the pain didn't subside at all. He was dimly aware that the one who broke his arm was stood a short distance away.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John feels fresh pain as Janet gets off of him, numbing him to the fact that he's being issued orders. Until he's kicked violently.

He called out in pain before struggling to get up with one working arm. He shivered in a mixture of shock and pain as he stood. His vision blurred as blood streaked into his eyes thanks to the cuts Janet dealt his forehead, even as her blows to his face made his eye swell. His breathing was laboured and he was panting.

Maybe this is what he deserved? He shot that guy - probably killed him. It was only right he got beaten to death...

"Get over there."

John blinked through the blood, his working arm holding on to his broken one. His dirty jersey was covered in blood - the broken arm was seeping blood right along the sleeve now. He staggered to the cliff edge where he wavered on his feet as he faced Sofia. If she didn't shoot him, he was going to fall. Either over the cliff or to the ground, he didn't know if he even cared anymore. He shot someone, had his arm broken, probably lost his girlfriend to some psycho who might even have raped her to death... He should have been looking for Celeste. Not going around, hiding in sawmills and shooting innocent people! This fucked up situation was even more fucked up than it had to be!

He chanced moving his arm so he could wipe his eyes and see Sofia. She tossed something on the ground, but everything was too fuzzy for him to tell what it was. He could tell where the shotgun was aimed though...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"So, John... any last words?"

John didn't hear the first request. Whether it was the fear, pain, exhaustion or inner turmoil nobody would ever know. He knew this was it. Someone holding a gun at him with his only escape being to dive off of a cliff-of-certain-doom.

"Any last words, John?"

"I don't wanna die..." he managed to say, tears mixing with the blood in his eyes. "C-Celeste... I didn't... I didn't get to... To see her..."

He couldn't put together a straight thought, let alone give his last words any meaningful impact. He wanted to make her sad or guilty that she was doing this, even if she was past the point of no-return and would go on to remorselessly kill another fifty people. Wasn't he her first kill? He hadn't noticed her name in any of the announcements...

"I'm sorry, John... I'm so sorry. Goodbye."

"Please..." he whispered just as the shotgun fired.

The explosion from the shell igniting was matched by the noise in his ears as the ammunition hit him square in the chest. He staggered back, his feet automatically trying to find purchase even as his body was pushed backwards by the metal entering his body and bone. He didn't feel the pain in his arm anymore, white hot burning emanating from his chest as his feet left solid ground and he began to fall off of the cliff.

He didn't deserve this, did he? To die so mercilessly at the hands of someone he had barely spoken to over the past years? His vision started to go dark and his extremities grew colder as he made a gradual cartwheel towards the water. His legs and arms flailed unbidden, trying to find something to grab despite his mind's unwillingness to think. A cold, bloody death on an island miles from nowhere at the hands of his classmate, having not even seen his baby sister. She'd probably never even know he existed - his parents keeping this a secret to save her and themselves the pain.

Hitting the water brought him back slightly, but only so he could gasp in a lungful of sea water. He tried to cough it out but the blood and water clogging his chest didn't wish to allow him such luxury. He couldn't breathe, heat and cold combated to take over his body and the world was growing dark again. Darkness only forced its way further onto him as the water swelled and slammed him into the cliff.

His broken arm twisted, fracturing more as it unwittingly went between his body and the rock, blood turning the water dark red in the early daylight. The wave took him away still beneath the surface before suddenly ramming him into the jagged layered cliff face. Lack of oxygen, bloodloss and internal injuries forced him into deaths embrace even though the wash kept trying to deal his body pain, forcing his body against the rocky wall and in to any small space it could find.

His final thoughts wondered how his sister would turn out...

[[B089 - JOHN SMITH DECEASED]]
Edited by Acelister, Jan 13 2011, 05:15 PM.
V5 Concepts:

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Northern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply