Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Keep Yourself Alive; Whether you want to or not. (TOPIC CLOSED)
Topic Started: Nov 13 2010, 03:31 PM (3,677 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Tabitha "Tabi" Gweneth continued from Peacemaker))

When she arrived at the cliffs with Ivan; Tabi Gweneth could not help but be captivated by the immense view. Of the ocean below. The waves were coarse and rolicking against each other. Splashed of white foam reaching the surface before dispersing back into the sea. As she edged towards the chain link fence she realized how high she was. It was nothing but a sheer drop down if she had slipped or if the chain link failed. Stepping backwards she shook her head, trying to clear her head of the sudden vertigo.

In her attempts to do so, a vision appeared in her periferal vision. Her head turned to look at it and she found herself gasping. There was a boy just barely hanging on to the chain link fence. His body was stiff, yet contorted in pain. Dried crusted blood had trickled down his mouth and his eyes were still open and frozen in fear.

Tabi covered her mouth to hide the horror. But her eyes still stared at his. They didnt' blink, they didn't move, they just were there. She was relieved that the name of this mystery person had escaped her this time. Still the terror of seeing yet another dead body caused a pit to well in her stomach.

She jumped suddenly when Ivan called out to her. She turned to face her companion and gave a sigh, dropping her left hand down to her breasts, balling into a fist, trying hard to not to think of what she had just seen.

"Well...I guess..." she said, stopping as her stomach began to groan.

It had been a long time since the two of them had eaten, now that she had thought about it. Not since last night, before she had gone to sleep and Ivan took watch. Something he vehemently stated that he would do. Once again, hunger had taken a hold. It was something that she had struggled with over the time that they had spent here. They rationed their food well enough but it didn't stop her from feeling the hunger pangs.

"I guess we should..." she began, sneezing yet again, "I guess we should eat something and then...I dunno..."

The plan trailed from her mind as her fist unclenched and her left hand moved back to wrapping itself around her right arm. What would they do after that? All they had done so far is run. Run away from everything and everyone. If they didn't run, they would hide. What else could they do.

Dropping to her knees, Tabi slid the backpack off and unzipped it. Digging inside it, she still found a loaf and a half of bread still left. Digging the half loaf out, she ripped off a piece and began to nibble on it. It was already growing stale, but it was the only real sustinace that they had. It would have to do.

She eventually sat down on the grass, feeling the touch of water from the morning dew touch her bare skin. Looking up to Ivan, Tabi forced a smile and gingerly lifted the bread up to him.

"Here, take some of mine..."
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi retracted her hand when Ivan refused. She frowned, it was true that each of them had their own bread and he could easily eat from his own, but that wasn't the point. Nodding, she continued to nibble on the dry loaf.

"Okay..."

The light from the sun was starting to irritate Tabi as she munched away. It wasn't unwanted; however as Tabi could feel it's warmth beating down on her still shivering body. Her nose had been iritated by all the sneezing and was now stuffed full of mucus. The cold was starting to root its way into her body.

Another fit of sneezing took hold and once again her nose was temporarily clear. With her free hand she wiped the excess away (although she did not enjoy such a task) and rubbed it into the grass of the cliffs. With a sigh, Tabi gazed back to stare at the sea, captivated by the waves swaying back and forth.

Despite the fact that she was almost certain that she was sick. Despite the fact that she and Ivan were sharing their meal in the presance of...someone not among the living (which she still wasn't looking at). Despite everything that had happened so far. This moment was nice. It was peaceful, it was quiet and for some reason it had made her feel at ease.

The wind was gently picking up, running through her tangled mess of hair and ventilating the inside of her shot up blouse. She placed an absent minded finger in through the lower most hole and let it linger there. She wasn't sure what she and Ivan were going to do now, but she figured they would come to a decision soon, so she didn't stress the details.

Suddenly, there was a voice that broke the peace. Tabi blinked, turning her head to see a giant of a man standing just a fair distance away. The tanned skin combined with his massive frame could only mean that it was Imraan Al-Harriq. Although Tabi remembered him as a fairly nice person, she never had hung around to much with the man. This, combined with the fact that he was holding a rather large shotgun as well made Tabi begin to quiver.

She was about to timidly extend a welcome to him when she caught another man out of the corner of her eyes. She turned her head to look and she saw yet another giant. A man with black hair standing there, just staring at them. Her mind was racing to try to put a name to the face. Was he harmful? Was he just passing through?

"The hell do you want...?"

Tabi's focus shifted back to Ivan, who was now standing ahead of her, looking as if he might attempt to defend himself against the two people that had now joined them.

She could feel the rush of breath surging into her lungs once more. The hand holding the bread tightened its grip, causing the dry shell to crinkle. She placed her free hand on the grass and pushed herself up off the ground, but she did not move from her spot.

Tabi kept quiet, trying to quell the shaking of her legs as she stood behind Ivan. She wanted to say something, but her body resisted her attempts to speak. Imraan hadn't done anything yet. There was a hope that it would all be okay.

She didn't want to think about the alternative.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
The bread in Tabitha Gweneth's hands had slid out of her now loosened grip. Imraan had started by challenging Ivan by asking his own question back at him. His gaze then turned to her and she felt her body turning ice cold. Imraan was a member of GODspeed and they were always such a friendly group, he was also a jock and she remembered watching basketball games in the bleachers when the Huskies were battling the Cougars.

There was something different now though, something scary to the way he looked at her, and then back to Ivan. He said that he had heard his name on the announcements. Of course he did. Everyone on the island must have known what he had did. They just had only met Nick before that and she could barely remember how he reacted when he saw him now. Had it all just dissapeared into a blurry picture?

It didn't matter right now though. Imraan had pointed the shotgun at him.

Tabi inched towards Ivan, shuffling her feet along the tufts of grass. The waves were trying to drown out the sound of Imraan's shouting, but she could hear what he was demanding. He wanted to know about the gun that was inches away from them. He wanted to talk about what happened to...to Keith...back on the mountain...

Tabi couldn't stop the shaking now. Her hands and legs were going numb with the fear that Ivan would be shot. Imraan didn't know that Ivan had cried afterwords! That he had stopped himself from doing what he did in the forrest! He had saved her life multiple times, and if he died right now...

What would happen to her?

A loud screeching noise answered back and she found her self crouching down with closed eyes. There was a moments pause and she was at first welcomed by the fact that, it was not the gun that had gone off, but instead the sound system. Her eyes began to pry open and she slowly stood up once more. The voice wasn't Danya though.

Is that...Kwong?

She remembered classes with Kwong. He was always a stern teacher and she remembered struggling through algebra in his classes. He was always a hard as nails teacher and not always a very helpful one, but a member of the teaching staff was alive! That had to have meant something right?

Tabi's hopes were dashed though as she listened on. She heard him forcibly read the script that Danya had read out to them all. He mentioned a Liz Polanski, something about tampered collars, and then something about her being a target or else...

Or else he would be killed...

Tabi felt her arms hugging her body again when he heard him talk about how some other kid was killed, just by pressing a button. Did that mean...she could be next?

Her thoughts were ripped away from her when Kwong had tried to say goodbye but were cut short. This had sent yet another shiver that ran down her spine. She felt the sweat dripping from her brow now, not because of exercion but because of fear. Fear of what was going to happen to all of them, fear that Imraan was going to shoot. A fear that she would be...

Ivan started to speak about what he had done and Tabi felt the desire to be struck deaf right then and there. This was the moment! Ivan had admitted it all, why he had gotten the shotgun. What he had done to get it. What he now was...a mur-

"But Tabi had nothing to do with it, so please don't shoot her."

Tabi could hear her heart beating, she could hear it rumbling against the sound of the waves crashing against the cliff face. That thump-thump, slowly overtaking it as the only thing she was feeling. Her face was beginning to slack and she felt heat rushing to her cheeks as she stood their, staring into the back of Ivan's head.

Her mind was blanking out. He was right of course, she had done nothing. She had done nothing at all. She sat there; hiding away and crying her eyes out while Ivan had continued.

But...why...

Her brain was starting to catch up with what was happening though and she felt both happy and terrified. Ivan was protecting her yet again. He didn't want Imraan to kill her! This act though scared her, was he sacrificing himself? Why? He hadn't done it on purpose! He was a good person! He had never wished for any of this to happen!

Tabi's hands began to slide down her body again, stopping at the lowest bullet hole in her blouse, her finger poking through the fabric once more. Her eyes were now on Ivan, watching...hoping that nothing bad would happen next...
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi's head darted back up when Imraan spoke. She dug her fingers out of her blouse and let them hang limp beside her. Her lip began to quiver and her knees were weakening once more. Her heart would not stop hammering against her chest now as the fear was taking hold.

This was it, Ivan was going to be killed. Imraan was going to make Ivan give up the gun and then he would kill him. She would be all alone again, the person who had kept her alive all this time would be killed and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. She was just too powerless.

As soon as Imraan had given his orders, he had changed his mind. Tabitha supressed a squeak when Imraan called her out. The giant was demanding that she be the one to take the gun and toss it away and in doing so, Tabi would be the one tossing Ivan's life away.

The girl stood there, paralyzed once more. It had happened so many times before and it was happening again. When she first met Ivan, when Clio had threatened her, when Keith had come after them, when Nick tried to rob her of her bag, and now here. She couldn't move herself forward. She couldn't say anything.

The tears were starting to well in her eyes again as she looked back down to the grass. Perfect. Just Perfect. Ivan was on the brink and all she could do was cry about it! She was just so useless...

"Y... You're right...I don't... I don't deserve... anything."

Tabi blinked.

Ivan didn't deserve anything...

Tabi lifted her head and stared at Ivan. His head was drooped in utter defeat. Had he given up? Ivan had kept her alive for three days now and he was resigned to Imraan controling him?

Her hands were shaking again, but now they were curled up into fists. She finally turned her gaze back to Imraan and gulped heavily. Her face still was wet with tears but she felt something that was keeping her warm inside.

"I...I can't do it Imraan...I...I won't..."

Tabi still quivered as she took a step forwards. But with every step she took, the warmth inside of her grew.

"Ivan has been with me since almost the beginning. I was there when...when Keith died...It wasn't his fault! Ivan never meant to do what he did! Ivan was trying to scare Keith away! He never meant to...he never meant to kill Keith!"

Tabi was now in between Ivan and Imraan. Her gaze at first was fixated on the large shotgun that was now pointing at her. Her breath began to slow as she stared at the barrel. She could be killed any moment now...and then Ivan would still die. She felt a pang of fear starting rise back into her head.

But how many times had Ivan stared down a gun and saved her own life?

Tabi took in another deep breath and finally lifted her gaze up to the tanned GODSpeed member.

"You know how many times people have tried to kill me Imraan? How many p-people have tried to take my bags, and then shoot me a-afterwords? Ivan's been there. Ivan has protected me! In fact, he's saved my life so many times I've lost track! It's because of him that I'm still here!"

"I-I know...that you probably don't trust Ivan...but please...he's a good person! It was all an accident and... Ivan never meant to hurt anybody. So please. Please let us leave."

Her confidence was starting to faulter as Tabi could not read into Imraan's face. She had tried so hard to convince him. But now she couldn't tell if she had done enough. She could just be brushed aside...and Ivan...

There was a loud clang in the distance and Tabi's eyes darted to where the sound was. She didn't see anybody in the distance, but there was no way of knowing for sure. That clang restoked the fire inside Tabi and she found her hands reforming into the fists once more. Her gaze looked up to Imraan and she opened her mouth once more.

"Imraan, let us leave!"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi did not get much time for a response. Imraan's hands slipped and then it was all a blur.

Tabi had heard the shotgun blast. Her hands immediately rushed to her chest. She padded herself, but was finding nothing. She looked back up at Imraan. He had just shot at her! Imraan was playing the game there was no doubt about it now. She and Ivan had to get away from him or else they wouldn't make it out alive.

Before she could step back, Tabi heard a loud scream and found herself lying face first in the ground. It was her turn to scream now. She was going to die. She squeezed her eyes shut and wimpered. She was so brave back then, she stood up to Imraan and protected Ivan, but she just failed and now she went back to crying. Tabi wouldn't look, it was better if she didn't.

Ivan said something, but Tabi could not hear him. She turned her head over to look at him. She felt a stinging pain in her lips tasting the blood that was trickling into her mouth. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Ivan holding his massive weapon and pointing it out at...something...or someone...

She let out a wimper and stared up at him.

Please don't kill him...

"Ivan..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi lay motionless as she listened to Imraan. Her chest rising up and down as she did so. Her eyes stared up at the giant, lips pursed tightly as he paused.

He was letting them live. He was letting Ivan live.

It wasn't until the GODspeed member had left her vision that she moved. A rush of breath bloomed out of her mouth and she closed her eyes. They were alive. The weight of those three words almost caused her to laugh. She had done it. She had saved Ivan's life. In fact, she had saved both of their lives! It was almost too much for her to accept.

But here they were now...

"... We have a long day ahead. What do you say... about getting out of here?"

Tabi opened her eyes and stared up at Ivan. He did not look well, but then again, she probably didn't look well at all herself. She flashed him a small smile and nodded.

"Sure thing Ivan"

Tabi got onto her feet and whiped the blood on her lips. She grabbed her bag and followed Ivan, the smile still on her face.

((Tabitha "Tabi" Gweneth continued in Meet Again))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply