Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Keep Yourself Alive; Whether you want to or not. (TOPIC CLOSED)
Topic Started: Nov 13 2010, 03:31 PM (3,785 Views)
ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
((Kevin Harding continued from Jesus Loves the Little Children))

Aw, fuck. Not again.

Kevin's day had just gotten worse. He started off wanting to pray at the church, but that idea just went downhill when Lily Maclaughlin get murdered in front of him. He shut his eyes, recalling only the sight of her throat opening up and her blood spraying into the air as the knife slashed her neck.

With a heavy swallow, he crouched back down. No time to dwell on that. He had to focus. Kevin set his shovel down and opened up his pack. He was out of food, had only one bottle of water left, and was tired from all the running he did.

Frankly speaking, trying to intervene in this situation without a gun would just get him killed. Not to mention that three of the island's more dangerous people were gathered here in one spot.

Ivan Kuznetsov and R.J Lowe had at least one kill each, while Imraan Al-Hariq was bigger than any of them and had a shotgun with him. He wasn't sure about Tabitha and Mary-Ann, but they seemed to be sticking with Ivan and R.J, respectively.

There was no way that he could do anything but hide and wait. He scowled in annoyance. He really didn't want to stay under cover, but dying was a prospect he did not want to face any time soon. Fear choked the life out of his passion. One of these days, Kevin would finally find himself a situation where he wouldn't have to stay skulking in the shadows. But not today. Today, he had to get food and water through any means possible.

Closing up his bag, he slung it back over his shoulders before he picked up his shovel. An opportunity would present itself eventually.
Edited by ET.Requiem, Nov 25 2010, 03:55 PM.
V3 Character
B88: Jeff Thorne - Dead from gunshot wounds.

V4 Characters
B103 - Kevin Harding - Killed by a javelin.
G035 - Ash Morrison - Tumbled down a hill.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Oh my god, Mr. Kwong is still alive.

While amazing, the next part just plunged a dagger of ice into his spine. There was a way to get the collar off, but it couldn't be used any longer. To add to that horror, people were going to die randomly if Liz Polanski wasn't killed ASAP. Everybody with a working collar was being dragged into this game of Russian Roulette.

Tch. As if we weren't screwed enough already.

"Oh, fuck. What the hell am I going to do now?" Kevin groaned quietly. He couldn't get out of this place without alerting somebody to his presence, and they had guns. A stray shot would be more than enough to take him down. He had to stay here and wait for the killers to leave first.

Fortunately, his collar wasn't the one that got detonated. Poor Daisuke was the one to meet his maker. Kevin sighed in relief, then realized what this meant. Even if he didn't go and hunt Liz down, somebody would. Too many would be gunning for her. It seemed like a good prize would be given for her death, but there were simply too many competitors to deal with.

He was dreaming of the gun he could've had when the nearby conversation snapped him out of his reverie.

"But Tabi had nothing to do with it, so please don't shoot her."

What the hell? Ivan's problem was totally different from what Kevin expected it to be. Maybe he was coldblooded underneath it all, but sticking his neck out for a girl? In any other situation, it'd be admirable. But here in a veritable free for all? This guy was just asking to be killed.

Still, he's crazy enough to go ahead with this half-assed idea. Ivan is not somebody to be underestimated, that's for sure.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Suppressing a gasp of horror, Kevin evaluated the situation as it unfolded. Imraan was going to shoot Ivan. Why else would he tell Tabi to go and throw the shotgun off of the cliff?

This would mark the end of one of the more deadly killers on this island, but there was no telling what the man would do next. Kevin focused on Imraan's face, which didn't betray any signs of his intent. What was his plan?

There was no way to tell. The giant was possibly going to go straight off the deep end after he killed Ivan. Honestly, this was a major turning point. With his brawn and firearm, he could possibly be a major threat in the future.

But he could also possibly go suicidal and off himself before that happened. What could Kevin do at this point other than watch and hope he didn't get their attention?

"Y... You're right... I don't... I don't deserve... anything."

Crap. Even Ivan had acknowledged the hopelessness of this situation. Of course, this just ticked Kevin off just enough that he did something stupid and possibly fatal. He backed up behind a tree, pulled out his shovel, and slammed his cover with it hard. The sound was loud, and couldn't be mistaken for a gunshot. Just the right thing needed to get Imraan to look instead of shoot.

Fuck, that wasn't part of the plan.

Oh, god. Was this going to get him killed? Most likely. He would've slapped himself hard if he wasn't busy ducking back down and trying to hide as best as he could.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Oh, god. What did I just do?

When Kevin slammed his shovel against the tree, Imraan fired on reflex. This was not a good thing. He didn't intend for this to happen at all. He clutched his aching face, silently cursing as the seconds ticked by. Did he just murder Ivan and Tabi by proxy? Fuck, this was horrible. There was no way that he could go back now that this happened.

"I've changed my mind! I'm not dying yet, so get out of here!"

His eyes widened. They weren't dead? Holy crap, they weren't dead! He looked up from the cover of the bushes, then dropped back down as silently as he could. It was a standoff now, but it seemed that the two were still alive and unharmed. The relief he felt was tempered by shame. Killing wasn't something he could do. He didn't have the guts, even though he said he would do anything to survive.

When he competed, he was a violent man. There was no doubt about that. But even then, he wouldn't be able to so far that he would murder. Kevin was in a quandary. He was going to die on this island at this rate.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Kevin sighed in relief. That was a close one. The guilt of nearly getting Ivan and Tabi was pushed to the back burner as he decided what to do next. There was nothing for him here. It would be in his best interests to get out of here as soon as he could.

I can only hope that those two don't go all Bonnie and Clyde on everybody.

It was unlikely, although he didn't put it past them. The game had a funny way of drivijng people batshit insane, as the murder of Lily proved to him.

He closed his eyes briefly. Kevin was pretty sure he was screwed. He was just a dog without any teeth if he couldn't kill. And he wasn't cunning enough to trick people into killing each other. He really had no idea how much time he had left and how he should spend it.

Somehow. I'll get through this somehow.

With a groan, he picked up his shovel and left.

((Kevin Harding continued in But I Might Die Tonight))
Edited by ET.Requiem, Jan 15 2011, 11:24 PM.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply