Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Moment Remembered; A strong boy dies, a weak girl lives. Fair Trade. PM for entry
Topic Started: Nov 13 2010, 10:09 AM (1,912 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sarah Atwell continued from Heartbeat Symphony))

Her footsteps pounded through her body as she ran up the slope towards the slowly moving figure climbing ever so slowly towards something unknown. Her mind raced, thoughts torn away from the filming the island. Something hammered at her brain, crying out as if from a great distance. The figure was getting closer. Sarah didn't cry out or yell to get their attention it was, simply, enough to follow for now. The rough brown on brown of the mountain encompassed much of the scenery and soon the figure was in talking distance. Sarah pace slowed, her feet suddenly heavy on the firm ground, each footstep now slow and purposeful, as if weighted down by a long forgotten memory, of a time long ago. The figure hadn't spotted her yet, busy doing something.

"Sarah Atwell I presume?"

"Oh Hey"

Sarah had always liked people. She got along well with most that she talked to and they in return were almost always friendly to her. She always wanted to do something with people and film was an avenue that fascinated her. When you captured someone on film and spent hours looking at their face it was like you truly could see who that person really was. Every line on their face a story, every movement a tale. Things like that help you remember.

Remember.

Her pace slowed again. This time to a halt. The figure had stopped what they were doing and began to turn around. Sarah brushed a stray hair from in front of her face, her features scrunched in an expression of concentration as if trying to remember something very important that kept darting away a second before she could grasp it. Slowly she put her hand up, as if to wave, but paused, her mouth open on the brink of saying something although nothing escaped her lips.

I'm forgetting something. Whatever it is, it's here.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
The rock fell short of camera but the thud of the stone snapped Sarah out of her haze. Her face contorted in a caricature of fury and she whirled on Alice snatching the gun out of her hands. "Give me that!" she snarled, marching towards Chris. Yelling at him while marching furiously forward she bellowed at the top of her lungs. "What do you think you are doing! Those things are expensive." Hoisting the gun up she aimed down the sight and pulled the trigger.

Click.

Sarah's expression changed to puzzlement for a brief second as she turned the gun on the side and let out an exasperated sigh and quickly pushed down on the safety. Chris was less than 100 feet away now and was sitting down, apparently oblivious of the threat he was now facing. A sitting duck. Lining him up in her sights she squeezed the trigger once more.

BLAM

The recoil was more than she expected and pistol jerked upwards sending her stumbling back for a second. Her foot found its grounding, near a ledge, precariously close and she glanced up to ascertain if she managed to hit Chris. He was gone. A now familiar sound of footsteps moving closer made her heart hit the roof of her chest.

"I..."

Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chris was fast and strong. Unlike Brock he didn't just charge at her in a rage, his movements were balanced, planned and coordinated. Before she even knew it the gun was out of her hands and pressed firmly against her head. She shut her eyes tightly. This was it, end of the line. Roll the credits. The warm steel against her temple bearing an uncomfortable reminder of her imminent death. She waited, her mind too far gone to think about friends or family, to worry about what others would think or how they would react. Her mind blank, numb, her only regret not doing more.

So she waited

and waited.

It never came.

Sarah's eyes fluttered open. She could hear Chris' laboured breathing and still feel the cooling barrel of the gun pressed against her. Chris had done everything right. Everything but one thing. He hadn't pulled the trigger. Sarah let out a peel of laughter as understanding dawned on her. He didn't have the guts. "Oh sweetie. Chris. That is so sweet." Her hands slipped in to her pocket, slowly, carefully. She had done this before. It wasn't old hat, but something she knew how to do now. The cool comforting feeling of her bloodstained scalpel rushed through her hand, up her arm.

"Chris, darling. Didn't get get the memo?" The scalpel was now gripped firmly in her right hand. The position Chris had her in was great for him apart from allowing her full motion of her right arm.

"I suppose I should tell you." Sarah spun and plunged the scalpel in to Chris' chest, reeling away from the boy, her friend once upon a time, away from the precarious edge of the nearby cliff. She laughed again as she cried out to Chris.

"Baby, Chivalry is dead!"

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah watched Chris stumble and flail silently, every bone in her body aware of Alice standing behind her, once again a silent spectator, taking a part in a horrific act of murder and betrayal. Sarah was reminded in that moment of something Mr Kwong had once said to her when she asked why many film makers just simply watched when tragedies occured. He had turned to her and smiled a sad smile, as if passing on a piece of great wisdom at great cost to himself. "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing." Her mind flickered to wondering where Mr Kwong was right now. Her teacher...

Her eyes flickered back to Chris, gasping his last, collapsed, his breathing short and shallow.

Chris.

There's something I'm forgetting.

"Something for the yearbook - the year book?"

What was it. It was something very important, off the set. She wanted to remember, she needed to remember.

"well after I graduate, I'll be hitting a party or two and heading off to the University of Central Florida"

"After I graduate."

There's something I'm forgetting

It was on the tip of her tongue, the memory the key piece of information staring her right in the face. Sarah blinked. It was staring her right in the face. Chris. Chris' body, blood slowly pooling from the wound, a look, not of serenity but of someone fighting for their life to the very last breath. A... actor? No. A classmate... a friend.

"It will be aired at the end of school trip. Sooooo much fun"

Something broke through.

Blood. Gas. Gunfire. Darkness. The Infirmary, her collar. Paige, Robert Jenkins. A Gunshot, the blood.

The Blood.

Eve, the cliffs. The blood.

"Survival of the Fittest Kids!"

Lily, Miranda, A spurt of blood. Brock, pain in the ribs, a gunshot, ears ringing. More Blood.

Chris, A Scalpel.

Chris.

""Since I don't have a date for prom, do you think I could go with you and your friends?"

Chris.

Everything seemed jumbled for the briefest of instants. Out of place, making no sense, and then as if a switch was flipped it came together, forming a picture, horrific and monstrous in its clarity and somewhere behind a figure laughing evilly. Sarah's face fell, her eyes wide open in realisation and abject horror. Her mouth opened and she screamed.

A hot flood of tears rushing down her face, falling to her knees.

Sarah Atwell, now back in the realm of the sane screamed.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Everything had flooded back to her. Sarah felt disgusted, horrified, sick. She couldn't of done those horrible twisted things. Sweet, shy Sarah Atwell would never hurt another human. She felt sick just thinking about it. Yet she had and she had done so with a smile. That creature that lurked beneath her surface had reared its head and destroyed everything she thought good about herself. She couldn't live would that. She shouldn't live. She spun around, her hair whipping furiously in the wind, the blue lackey holding it in a ponytail spinning away in to the air. She took a step back, her foot faltering for a second, sending pebbles tumbling down the ledge in to the mine far below. Alice stood before her, gun out safety off.

Sarah didn't deserve to live. She knew it in her gut. "Kill me!" She yelled, furious at herself and at Alice. Alice had watched, she had done nothing to stop her. She could of stopped Sarah but she hadn't. "Pull the trigger. Do it!" She roared out her voice hoarse as the wind blew around her. "You could of stopped me! Why didn't you stop me." Sarah choked out the words. Sobs now wracking her body. "Why?"

There was no way to be redeemed. Nothing she could do to atone for the horrors that she had put her colleagues, her friends through.

"...Maxwell Lombardi..."

There was that name again. On the announcements. She had heard it a few times now - he had killed. As many as her? A Glimmer of hope flickered past her eyes. Could this be her saving grace. It was too late for her now, but what if she stopped Maxwell, saved other students. Surely that would redeem her, make up for some of her mistakes.

and appease the monster lurking within.

Her legs were shaking and she took a look behind her, watching another pebble plummet in to the mine far, far below. She looked back up and glared at Alice for a second, her hands tight around the pistol. The pistol Sarah had given her. There was no way the French girl could miss at this range. All she needed to do was squeeze the trigger. Sarah's jaw became resolute. If Alice shot she would die, her body tumbling to the rocks below, her misdeeds remembered, Sarah Atwell, the psychopathic killer. If she didn't, then she would hunt Maxwell Lombardi, try to save others from a similar fate, and perhaps, in the eyes of the watchers, redeem herself.

She was resolute. Sarah Atwell stared directly at Alice, her face wet from the tears. "Alice. Kill me for what I did, but remember you helped too. We can redeem ourselves or it can end now. Make your choice."

Sarah stood resolute , her hair whipping around, trapped on the ledge, a gun pointed at her, on the precipice of life and death.

Let fate decide

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah exhaled her breath. It felt like she had been holding it in for hours and the blood came rushing back to her head. She was alive, fate had decided. She would have her chance at redemption.

"Alice," she began, "I'm not sure how I feel right now. I'm horrified at what I did; what you helped with. Rest assured that we're in this together, there's no two ways about it, but we can still make up for it." Sarah paused to catch her breath and let her mind form the sentences she was trying to say. Her brain was still a little scrambled and really if she let the panic take over again, well who knows what she might do. All in all she was definitely still quite unstable, the difference now is that she knew it. She couldn't let that.... other take control again.

"There is a way we can save others, well at least give them a fighting chance. We need to hunt down those that have killed before, save as many as possible. We'll give them a quick death, nothing as barbaric as what has happened, but we have to make sure our classmates... our friends get a fighting chance. Think of it like." Sarah stopped, thinking of an appropriate analogy. "Like we're vigilantes. We should only kill those who are doing the same and we'll start with the one at the top of the list."

Sarah brushed herself off and walked over to Alice, looking her straight in the eye. She placed her hand on Alice's shoulder in a gesture of camaraderie and whispered a name in her ear before heading off.

"Maxwell Lombardi."

((Sarah Atwell continued in Just a Kid, Napping))
Edited by Fanatic, Dec 11 2010, 11:00 PM.

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply