Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Not What I was Expecting; Pm Private~
Topic Started: Nov 11 2010, 02:15 PM (1,800 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(OOC: Got permission to post a new thread here, don't mind me.

(Jessica Pentangeli continued from this thread)

Jessica didn't like to look at herself in the mirror. Every time she looked, she would find herself just staring. Poking at every little problem. So...

In hindsight...

The house of mirrors was probably the last place she should have trekked to.

Her dart gun hung loosely at her side. Only one hand was holding onto it. Her other hand had a tight grip on her flashlight. It was so dark in the Hall of Mirrors. The place was creepy enough with lights on, but the darkness just added to the anxiety. These mirrors were tall, like creepy shadows hiding in the darkness. Ready to pounce, ready to feast. Jessica shivered and tried not to look into the piercing silver eyes of the beast she found herself in.

Jessica turned her head. Wait. Where was Alex?

"Alex?!" Jessica screamed, eyes wide. "Alex, where ar-"

She turned. Alex was right behind her.

"Oh!" Jessica flushed and gave her partner an apologetic look.

She was trying her best not to lose sight of Alex. Jessica wasn't going to wander that far away from Alex on her own volition but the hall of mirrors turned and spun. They were bound to lose each other if they got separated. Jessica knew she wasn't the most logical person in the world but she knew this was for the best. Had to stick close or else they would die alone. Like... that one girl. Jessica looked back up at Alex. Jessica has never seen Alex cry before, but the face she had on told her that Alex was at wit's end. The thought of Alex crying made Jessica's gut turn inside out.

"Uhh..." Jessica muttered, shining her flashlight on Alex. "He - Roman might still be around. S...Should we wait here for him? Maybe go look for him? U-Umm, this place is pretty big, he could be hiding."

She smiled at her only friend, a tiny well-intentioned smile. This was about the only encouraging thing she could do for her friend without sounding like she was trying too hard. She didn't want to fill Alex up with false hope. That would be the worst thing a friend could do. The chances of them finding Roman were slim. They had heard about him heading here hours ago. He wouldn't stick around in a creepy old building like this! It was against every single impulse in Jessica's body but she still didn't complain.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(sorry about the wait. I could not find the time to finish this, it's been sitting for like two days. :\)

The last thing Jessica needed in her mind was horror movies. Images. Chainsaws. Screaming. It made her shiver. Oh god. Why did she need to think about that NOW of all times? She gulped and tried to close her eyes. Breathe Jessica. Breathe. She calmed down, somewhat. Jessica felt sick to her stomach now. Breathing wouldn't help her there. She spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

"U-Uhh... yeah... It is pretty weird." She laughed nervously.

She kept her eyes on Alex. She didn't want Alex getting too far away - these mirrors liked to play tricks. Alex kept looking back at Jessica, which made Jessica feel a bit guilty. She knew Alex didn't want to lose track of her but at the same time it made her feel like a child who was bound to get lost. It made her grip on the gun tighten just out of reflex. Alex walked around the bend but Jessica did not notice this until she heard Alex calling to her about some stairs.

"H-Hold on," She muttered, rising to her feet. Her left foot was asleep, and a simple task became a pain.

Jessica jumped back. That was a... dead end. A very close dead end. She almost smashed into that mirror. She blushed and moved ahead. It didn't take her long to find Alex. The staircase wasn't that far behind the bend.

Of course, the first thing she saw when she walked up behind Alex was another boy a few steps up.

Jessica did two things then. The first thing she did was lift her rifle up. The second thing was lowering her rifle. She was way too jumpy.

"H-Hey..." She blinked, looking over at Alex for reassurance. "That's... what my parents call me. You're Julian right?"

Julian... where had she heard that name before? It was like she had heard it. Stuck in her head for some reason but she couldn't recall where it was from. She knew who the boy was. Julian Avery right? He was one of the nice boys in her class. Jessica wasn't sure how she remembered his name, they never spoke. Even so, that name was sticking out at her for some reason. Why?
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That pause didn't last a lifetime. In fact, to Jessica there wasn't a pause at all. The facts came crashing down out of nowhere. She blinked. She breathed. She stared. What else was she supposed to do? This guy just admitted he killed someone. Maybe that's why she recognized his name so well. She couldn't even remember the announcements though. Had she missed them? She closed her tired eyes for a moment and thought.

Omar Burt...?

"You killed him." Jessica intended that to be a question, but came out as a statement. Then she stopped.

Jessica actually didn't feel any need to flee. The idea of killing, the act, the mere thought scared her. The idea of Julian, a boy that Jessica could only assume was nice, killing another boy was enough to make her freak out. Despite that, after hearing who it was... well, she was conflicted. Omar Burton. She was going to remember that name for the rest of her pathetically short life. And Julian had killed him. Something about that, the way he phrased it, kept Jessica from freaking out. Was that shame she detected too? Was he... actually regretful?

So Jessica looked over at Alex for one uncomfortable moment. Let Alex say what she had to say. Then she spoke.

"You know," Jessica paused, "if," her eyes darted away and she paused again, "there was one person I would be willing to kill myself," her eyes returned to Julian, "it was Omar. So yeah... I'm glad that asshole is dead."

She brushed the hair out of her eyes. "I guess I didn't hear the announcements.... I wasn't aware that he was dead. This is a bit of a shock." Then Jessica looked over at Alex and stated the obvious. "... he's good Alex. I don't think we need to worry."
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Sorry Jonny, I was waiting until the last possible minute but Jessie's gotta get moving. I've got a terrible case of writer's block.)

Jessica looked back over her shoulder as she watched Alex walked away. She gasped suddenly. They weren't supposed to be separated! What if something happened to Alex? What if something happened to Jessica? Oh god! She turned back to Julian and gave him an apologetic nod. "Sorry. I have to go." She said with a smile. "... thank you." She spun around and ran after her friend as quickly as possible. "Alex!" She yelled. "Wait up!"

(Jessica continued in Instinct)
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Hall of Mirrors · Next Topic »
Add Reply