Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It Knows Nothing of Whim; Day 4. Morning. Open.
Topic Started: Nov 9 2010, 04:01 PM (3,814 Views)
chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Raine had been silent through the whole trek. She didn't know what to say or do, but to follow Ridley and Rena. Looking at them together having survived so far, Raine felt reassured that if anything happens to her, Rena would be able to help Ridley or the vice versa. Having been used to cross country, Raine was able to step among the ground in the tunnels easily. It made her recall memories of running through forests and shallow creeks.

Hearing Rena squeak, Raine touched Ridley's shoulder. "Don't worry Rena, it's probably just water right? I've had it happen before." She merely smiled and knelt down beside Rena to investigate the 'water'. When she touched it, a shiver went down Raine's spine. This wasn't water. "Ridley...Sh-Shine your ipod light over here...Please...J-Just tell me it's not what I think it is..."

Knowing she would regret it. Raine lifted her hand and smelled her finger. "...Smells like..." And her voice simply drifted off as she paled.
Current Students:
Raine Schwarz~ [color=#ee4a2dDeceased]"I always loved you.".[/color] G089~Coastal Woods~Blood Garden~Speargun
Daniel Blessing~ Deceased "Cheerio Motherfucker!"B109~The Cliffs~ Cross to Bear~Korth Pistol(9mm) (10 shot magazine, x4 magazines)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Raine watched silently as Rena freaked out about the body. In her heart, she knew Ridley was just trying to keep them moving and not focus on whatever it was that they found. Rena needed to know though what the water was. It was something Raine had picked on earlier when they had found her--Rena was not the type of person to leave things unfinished. Sure it was a character trait to be admired, but at the same time, aren't there things that are better to leave alone?

"Rena." Raine spoke firmly with her new friend. Slowly, she approached her and laid a hand softly on her shoulder. "Yes, it's a dead body. It's the dead body of a schoolmate that we will all terribly miss!" Raine turned Rena to face her and she looked at the girl straight in the eye. "There's something you should understand though. We can't do anything about it! Now it's obvious...the body was murdered...It isn't an accident."

It was hard to say those words.

"But we musn't scream. Whoever it was might still be around. What we can do...is prevent it from happening again." Raine swallowed hard. "...We have to stop whoever this person is from doing more harm to our other friends."
Current Students:
Raine Schwarz~ [color=#ee4a2dDeceased]"I always loved you.".[/color] G089~Coastal Woods~Blood Garden~Speargun
Daniel Blessing~ Deceased "Cheerio Motherfucker!"B109~The Cliffs~ Cross to Bear~Korth Pistol(9mm) (10 shot magazine, x4 magazines)

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
Raine at this point was choking back tears. She pressed her face to Ridley's chest, wetting it with her tears as she tried desperately to listen to Rena's words and to empathize with her rather than sympathize or feel pissed off. What bothered her though was what Rena had said. Am I really just making stupid promises I won't keep in the end? Is it really worth it to say such things? But...I'm holding onto them so desperately like I'm holding Ridley...Without those promises...Without Ridley...where am I in this bullshit game?

Raine took a deep breath and reached up to wipe the tears away from her eyes.

"And if you didn't do this, then you have five seconds to tell us who you are and why you're here before my friend here pulls the trigger and you become just another name on the annoucements. And don't think about lying, because come morning we'll know anyway- and I don't like being lied too. So, who the hell are you?"

"No....No one is shooting anyone right now!!" Raine turned to Rena, reached up with a hand and gave the girl a good slap. "Wake up!! You're falling Rena! You're falling into the game's traps!"

"Why...Why I keep making these promises...It's because without them what do I have!? What do I have to look forward to? More bodies? More bodies of people I barely even know!? I'm scared too..." Raine's voice seemed to drift off.

"Dying on this island, who's going to remember you? Slowly, bit by bit, we're going to disappear from our family's lives. Children will be born, clothes sold to charities, pictures being stored in the attic...and soon...even your name is just a few letters on a headstone..." Raine lowered her gaze, her fists clenching and unclenching. "Without those promises...I have nothing but that fear in my persona. I want to help..."

"I DON'T WANT TO BE FORGOTTEN!" Raine finally screamed, her body collapsing to her knees. "Not like Mum..." She whimpered, wrapping her arms around herself. "Not...li...like...Mum..."

Current Students:

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
"Re....Re..."

Raine was incapable of speaking a single word. Everything in her head was swirling around in a giant mess. Was Ridley being inhuman by not doing anything about her? N-No...Ridley was doing what was needed desperately at this minute. He was trying to stay calm. Slowly, Raine opened her eyes and wiped them free of tears. It was then she got a strong whiff of copper. Raine's eyes widened as she hadn't realized in her hysterics that her hands had been in that pool of blood.

The smell combined with the idea of what just happened was enough to snap Raine out of her hysterics. Reaching up with a bloody hand, Raine grasped the wall of the tunnel and yanked herself up.

"I. Am. Standing. In. A. Dead. Body. Do you get that? Do you understand that all I am seeing right now is blood?! That it didn't occur to me to check him for blood because, maybe, just maybe I was genuinely afraid that he was going to fucking kill me?!"

"Then step off of the dead body Rena!!" Raine snapped at Rena. "How would you feel if someone stood on your dead body? Just...for Christ's sake...get off of them..." She kept shaking her head, Mr. Kwong's voice ringing in her ears now. Would he have wanted his students to act like this?

"I don't want to be forgotten..." Raine whispered, more like a mantra now than a pitiful whimper. "And....I do not want to forget."

Raine then turned to face Ridley. Ashamed that her facade of being optimistic was destroyed, Raine lowered her gaze pitifully. She couldn't even look her boyfriend in the eye. She didn't care if Dustin stayed or if Dustin went. She was seeking approval from Ridley just as she had sought approval from everyone else in her life. To her, approval meant they would remember her.
Current Students:

chibinanashi
Member Avatar
Scarecrow
[ *  * ]
"Rena!!" Raine shouted after Rena as she sprinted off away from them. She closed her eyes and bowed her head, wanting to follow but yet wanting to give Rena her space. But then, wouldn't Rena be lost and possibly killed too? Raine then felt Ridley's hand in hers and she looked up to him.

She couldn't exactly put it into words...There was a look to Ridley's eyes that made Raine feel that he was apologetic for not doing anything for her. It had hurt her. There she had been crying and losing her mind and Ridley did nothing until now. However, now he was reaching out to her. Raine squeezed his hand gently in return.

"No...I don't want her forgotten either but..."

But before Raine could warn Ridley that Rena wouldn't want to be seen with them right now, she was being dragged off yet again. All she could do was bite her lip and hope to be the voice of reason as soon as she got her mind completely together. After all, Ridley and her are an item packaged together. So they should stay together, right?
Current Students:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply