Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ghosts
Topic Started: Nov 9 2010, 02:10 PM (3,056 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zach Jamis was afraid that he had been retracing his steps.

Afraid was about the only word he could have used. Scared shitless, tail between his legs? Fuck it. He wasn't scared. Wasn't scared of anything. Except for turkeys. They don't count though. Just stupid birds. Stupid.
No, all he was... was... shit. He had lost his train of thought. He knew it had something to do about how he had come up around the same place he emerged when him and Sam found their way out of the tunnels. There was a little cavern nearby with a pool of water in it. At the time Zach didn't really give two shits. His memory was fading in and out. He could recall vaguely that he had eaten shitty bread, drank shitty water, walked across shitty grass. That was about it. Rec center, then cave.

Zach turned to look at Mizore. She was looking at that wall like it was a fun little merry-go-round. Zach sneered.

"Don't you think it's a little too late to be painting?" he asked.

She didn't answer him. Damn it. Was she just going to ignore him now? He hadn't uttered a peep to her the whole time. Was that what she wanted? Fuck. Why the hell did she follow this nut anyway? She was no Sam. She had her own ideas. A backbone as big as her, well, back. Sam had a spine, she wasn't a little lackey who agreed with everything Zach said. She was lenient though. Patient. She had put up with Zach's shit because Zach's shit was Zach's shit and she understood that. Mizore didn't understand that. In fact she didn't seem to care about what he thought. Thought it'd be more important to finger paint on fucking rocks. Bullshit. What was he supposed to do? Talk to her about art?

"Yeah, go have fun." He said dismissively. She didn't respond to that either.

Zach didn't take off his boots. He just sat at the foot of the pool, just watching Mizore. His mind slowly tuned everything out until the only thing he could do was watch her light shit up. It took him a while to recognize what she was drawing, mostly because he was more focused on the act of drawing rather than the creation itself.

Zach cracked his neck and spoke.

"Is this what you did back home? You a graffiti artist or something?"

Stupid question. Zach wanted an answer though.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Uhh. Zach Jamis... of Zach Jamis fame..."

Zach scratched the back of his neck. "None of my friends went to this school. Hell, I never spoke during class, just sat in the back of the class and just pretended I wasn't there. Only kid I like from school is here. That was Sam... uhh, the kid from before. Franklin?"

Zach didn't like talking about himself. What the hell was he supposed to tell her? His life story? There wasn't much. Why should he bother? It just made him feel like a complete idiot.

"Yeahh..." Zach crossed his arms. Awkward pause. "Well, yeah, shit happens. What can you do about it? Actually kill people?."

Zach kicked at the pool of water. He wanted a smoke.

"If there's one thing I know, it's that I ain't getting into that shit." Zach shrugged. "Killing, I mean. It's just a copout. Only cowards would ever think of killing their own classmates, no matter how much they hated them."
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bitch just called him a coward. Zach sneered.

"Foolish? I just call it dumb. Even if you were big enough to go killing people that you know, you'll find a target the size of a tire painted on your back. I mean jesus, it's common sense. The fat fuck goes on and on about each death every day so someone's got to be eating up every word he spews. Some asshole's probably got a blackboard and some chalk, making complicated equations about each murderer, thinking that's how they're going to live when it's all about not being stupid."

Zach wanted a smoke. He kept talking.

"What, are you glad that I'm not playing because you like me? Or glad because I won't try to knock you off?"
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zach didn't have a response for that. He wasn't fishing for compliments but he wasn't exactly NOT fishing for them. It was strange. It wasn't like Zach would actually care if Mizore didn't like him. Even so, he hoped that Mizore had a positive opinion about him. That it wasn't a relationship akin to a flak vest and a chest. Fuck, she sounded mad. Oooo, scary. Zach just stopped thinking about it altogether. He shut himself off. Blah blah blah you're not killing me blah blah blah. What the fuck ever. It was only a fucking question. He tried to think of something else.

... well. Looks like Sam didn't get herself killed. Yet.

Wonder where she was.

Was someone watching him right now?

Probably not. Who the fuck would miss Zach Jamis? King of the assholes.

... Maybe Lacy. Yeah, maybe Lacy.

Zach only had a second girlfriend. At least the chick liked to call herself his girlfriend. Her name was Chloe and they only lasted for seven days. Their relationship consisted of Chloe hitting on Zach and Zach just pretending she wasn't there. Chloe accidentally rubbing herself against Zach. Zach sneering. Yeah, that brought back memories that he wished he hadn't conjured up. He did scream pretty loudly at her. Maybe Chloe was glad he was on here. Just another log on the fire.

He never liked Chloe though. Whore. Lacy though. Damn. At the risk of sounding like a sadistic bastard, he kinda wished she were here right now.

He finally noticed the newcomer. Mizore seemed to be all too willing to let the other girl in. On the other hand, Zach had never seen Kari before in his entire life. He knew this for a fact. She had red hair and green eyes. How the hell could you forget that? Zach never looked to broaden his social circle. He was perfectly happy just ignoring his classmates. Mizore and Sam were the exceptions. Dustin Royal was a fluke. So yeah, when he saw Pippi Longstocking he didn't know a damn thing about her. Frankly he didn't WANT to know a damn thing about her. Even the machine gun didn't phase him. It was as if she were holding a PEZ gun.

Zach just sighed. He looked at Kari and gave her a hearty, warm welcome.

"Yo."

Yeah, welcome home champ. We're happy to have you. Zach turned away and just zoned out again.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(There's no excuse for this. Sorry Rattle.)

THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH ME.

Why the fuck was she thanking him?

No. Seriously. Why? If she was so thankful, then why did she leave?

Everyone was leaving. It was the new trend. Zach Jamis hate trends. First Sam, now Mizore.

Fucking people always fucking leaving.

Zach threw the paper on the ground and exhaled. Why the hell did she have to go and do something like this? She was perfectly fine here. She had two other people protecting her fucking rebel ass. Out there, she'd get ripped alive. Just like Sam. God fucking damn it. It was enough to bring a guy to chain smoke fifty packs in a hour.

Zach Jamis didn't know what to do, which wasn't unusual for him. However, for the first time in this entire game, that really urked him.

... well.

Zach Jamis surmised that he'd have to go after her.

Was Zach Jamis actually worried about this bitch? Fuck no, no, no no no, of course not, where would you ever get an idea like that, stop being dumb. He just didn't want to be the asshole that would let people go off and get themselves killed. This was his pride on the line, what was left of it at least. And if Mizore was willing to ACTUALLY leave her , it probably meant she wanted them to follow her. At least that's the kind of reverse logic Zach was sure Mizore would use. "You want a cookie?" "No." "Alright! Fine! Be a little bitch, see if I care." "Jesus. Alright, give me one!" Of course Zach Jamis had always assumed that he was a good judge of character, so much so that he would make such a leap with such little evidence.

Zach Jamis was a pretty good detective in his own mind. He picked the letter back up and started walking.

"Hey." He said, prodding Kari with the edge of his boot.

He let the letter fall to the ground, right in front of Kari. Zach ignored the fact that she was probably still asleep. This shit was important.

"She's gone." He said, cigarette dangling from his mouth and his pack looped around his arms. "You know anything about this?"
Edited by Ciel, Dec 14 2010, 12:36 PM.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kari had no idea about anything. To be honest, Zach should have suspected as much. Hell, it was only common sense. Kari was asleep when he dosed off so it was safe to assume she had been sleeping the entire time. How could ZACH JAMIS go around and act like Mizore’s leaving had been all her fault? Of course, then Zach Jamis remembered HE was ZACH JAMIS, so it was only logical to act this was all Kari’s fault. Stupid Kari. Always ruining things. Kari asked him if Mizore’s stuff was gone and this only added fuel to the fire.

“Of course her stuff’s gone,” he growled. “It’s not like she decided to take a stroll or something. Jesus.”

Kari continued on, asking Zach about a bunch of people he did not know. These were names she was just hurling at him like goddamn throwing knives. He barely knew the names of half of the people he’ s met so far! How the hell is he supposed to know who the fuck Simon Grey is? Rein? Who the fuck names their kid after water anyway? Zach just sneered.

“I was sleeping too,” he answered harshly. “For all I know Mizore could be…”

Dead? Why did that prospect upset him so much?

Zach stopped. He looked out of the cave. Great. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Just let Mizore go off and wander on her own? That was obviously Mizore’s plan from the outset. Well fuck that. Zach Jamis wasn’t going to be left to his own devices while the bitch decides to go on some epic quest without him. He didn’t even know who the hell Naoko was and frankly Zach didn’t care. It was enough to get Mizore to leave. So what was Zach supposed to do? That was the question he kept asking. What the fuck was he supposed to do?

What the fuck are you going to do Zach?

Well… She HAD given him a destination.

“You ready?” He asked, clearly skipping any explanation for the question. Doesn’t matter if Kari had just woken up or not, she should know what he was talking about.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Passive-agressive meanings? Nope. She was telling them to follow her.

To be honest, Zach Jamis was feeling a little hesitation. Hesitation? Was that word even supposed to BE in his dictionary?

Well no. It wasn't. But he was going on a giant fucking leap of logic and this girl is giving him a look that's telling him that he's a fucking idiot. What was he supposed to do? Stupid bitch, making him feel hesitation. He was turning into a pussy, that wasn't good at all. Jesus he was changing, god damn it. And now this girl is asking him if he wants to take point. Fuck. This. Chick. Fuck. EVERYTHING. Of course, being the pussy that he was turning into, he wasn't going to waste his breath saying that. Instead -

"Yeah yeah yeah, fine with me." He rolled his eyes. "Keep that gun of yours out though."

Chivalry? This bitch had the gun. This was Meatshieldry. But whatever floated her goddamn boat. Zach didn't really care, as long as they left. Sides, he wasn't going to leave her behind. She had a gun, and she didn't kill him out of the past few hours where she had a clear chance. So that meant that she was cool and shit. Simple math yeah? Meant he didn't have to worry about any crazies running around.

(Zach Jamis continued in Hmmmn)
Edited by Ciel, Jan 20 2011, 11:32 AM.
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply