Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gypsy Rap
Topic Started: Nov 1 2010, 05:29 AM (5,257 Views)
Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Stacy Hart continued from Pearl and Destiny.))

Stacy had been lost in her own thoughts while they rested. She hadn't been quite asleep, but she wasn't exactly alert either. She was thinking about her old life. School, wrestling, boys. Her family. She looked to her side and smiled faintly. Sarah had cuddled up close to her. It was like being home. Her sister was getting a little old for it, but every now and then she'd cuddle up to her when things were stressful.

And what's more stressful than being on an island of death?

Stacy sighed and stroked Sarah's hair lightly. She was a cute girl. If she didn't look so innocent cuddled up to her, she might have carried that thought further. Instead she just smiled and returned to her thoughts.

"You know...I feel almost normal right now. Like we could really be on a camping trip together."

She sighed softly and closed her eyes.

"If you were trapped on a desert island, who would you want to be with you?"

Stacy thought about it for a minute and giggled. "You. Who else would I pick?"

The boy laughed and made a face. Stacy gave him a swat. "You would rather have somebody else with you?"

The boy nodded and kissed her cheek gently. "If you were with me, then you'd be stuck on a desert island. I couldn't do that to you."

Her ex had always been sweet like that. She missed him, but nobody would want anybody they loved to be anywhere near the island. It was easier to survive if she didn't actually like anybody trapped with her.

I wonder if you're watching this...I'm not sure whether I want you to or not. I might not make it home. Then again, I don't think I want you to see what I'll have done if I do come back.

Brendan's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She gave Sarah a gentle shake. "Time to wake up sweetie."

Maybe it was inappropriate for her to be so calm with a very injured boy in need of medical attention, but it also wouldn't do any good to panic. They all needed to stay cool. Getting excited would run them into problems, which they did not need then.
Edited by Zabriel, Nov 1 2010, 09:41 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy followed Sarah's commands and straddled the boy's waist. She looked back at him and grinned.

"Enjoy it while you can. It's going to get pretty ugly in a few minutes."

Stacy laughed a little, squirming on top of him as she tried to get comfortable enough to actually be helpful. She smirked a little bit and took hold of his leg, lifting it gently so Sarah could work with it. As she sat for a moment, her thought process became increasingly inappropriate to the situation.

"You know, you're actually kind of cute."

It was about that time that she noticed somebody approaching. She sized him up mentally, and then called out.

"You. Hands where I can see them. Move slowly."
Edited by Zabriel, Nov 12 2010, 11:53 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Jesus! Could you have waited five seconds?"

Stacy was a bit miffed at being rather unceremoniously thrown from the boy's lap and dumped on the ground. She pushed herself up and dusted herself off before turning to watch the two boys greet each other very enthusiastically. She allowed herself a small smile before coughing.

"Could you two break it up for a second so we can finish fixing your boyfriend? If he gets an infection he could die even if he gets off this shit-rock."

She tapped her foot and shook her head with a little grin. "Back down. If your boyfriend wants to trade spots with me he'll have to wrestle me for it."

She was almost joking. It wasn't that she really wanted to straddle the boy again, but tension was the enemy here, and she would keep it away the best she could.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy crawled over to Sarah and wrapped her arms around her. It had been a rough couple of days, and it would probably just get worse. She could understand why Sarah felt like crying. She held the girl close and did her best to comfort her.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Everything is going to be alright sweetie..." Stacy ran a hand over the girl's hair and hummed softly. It was a little strange, as they weren't really close during school. Maybe part of that was just Stacy's personality, but it was also the island. Being trapped made her want more than anything to feel connected. So she picked Sarah. Not a well-thought out choice really, but it was enough to keep her going. If she had Sarah with her, Stacy had a reason to get up, stay sane, and keep trying.

Good things take time...great things happen all at once...isn't that what...the fuck?

In the middle of her thought, their friend's stupid boyfriend started talking about his weapon. Then about his weapon. She turned her head toward him and just shook it sadly.

"Yeah. Maybe you should not talk for a little while. Although, I may have remembered to pack my portable DVD player. Maybe we can have a little movie night. This really sounds too messed up not to watch..." Stacy managed a grin.

"DVDs can be handy too. If you break it in half it's pretty sharp. You might be able to kill somebody with a shard if you get desperate enough. I guess the same could be said for a pen too. But I wouldn't recommend attacking anybody with either. Or your penis. Though it might get the show a ratings boost if you do. If you die, people will laugh. If you somehow succeed, you'll be the first player to successfully penis somebody to death. Either way, nothing to lose right? Except you know your life, and maybe your penis."
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy stroked the girl's cheek gently and just held her. She turned her head toward the boy and smiled a little.

"I guess all the excitement wore her out."

She chuckled as they talked about blowup dolls. A doll could still be useful to them though. She continued petting the girl gently and shrugged.

"If the doll is life sized and at all human looking, we might be able to use it as a decoy. I imagine at a distance it might look like one of us and distract somebody for a moment or two. Especially if they've gone a little mad."

Stacy thought a bit more and glanced over at Brendan. "Maybe we should try to rest. I can take first watch if you like..."

She looked down at Sarah and smiled before leaning down to kiss her temple. "When this one wakes up I might have to let her borrow a pair of my jeans. They should be a bit more comfortable than what she's got right now."

It was about that time when they were interrupted by another boy. This one she recognized. They weren't exactly friends, but everybody knew him. He was kind of hard to miss, being one of the few Arabs in their class. She had mixed feelings about him. He wore some crazy things now and then, and kinda freaked people out. He also had a temper. She had never had a problem with him personally, but he did make her feel a little nervous, which was not good. At all.

"Uhm, hi. We're getting ready to turn in for the night I think. I don't know if that's fun or not."

She ran her fingers through Sarah's hair and took a deep breath. Something about the way he approached them turned her off. She couldn't quite shake the feeling, and despite mentally berating herself for it, reason won her mind over.

Better racist than dead Stace.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy looked over at the boys while allowing Sarah to cuddle close to her. She smiled a little and ran a hand over the girl's hair.

"Let's try to keep it down a little. Sarah's had a crazy few days and I'd really like to let her rest."

She managed not to laugh at Brendan's assertion that they weren't playing. It was true in a sense. They weren't hunting and killing their classmates down. They still had their wits about them. But everybody was playing.

When you break it down, we're all playing. We've been playing our whole lives. Some of us just have different goals in mind.

Survival was nice. From a purely animal perspective, they were all fighting to survive. But sometimes, there were more important things than base survival.

"Now that I'm thinking of it, we might want to get some rest while we can. Who wants first watch?"
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
She nodded and slowly began to disentangle herself from Sarah. Once she managed to separate herself from the sleeping girl, she followed along and let him talk.

He made a lot of assumptions. Like that being on the wrestling team meant she was violent. But she supposed that worked in her favor. He was holding out something, and it was kind of a big deal. He was giving her the means to defend the group. To kill her classmates. To survive.

She wouldn't shoot him of course. Or his friends if she could avoid it. And she'd do anything in her power to protect Sarah. She accepted the gun with a nod.

"Trust in me. We're not going to get out of this unscarred, and in all likelihood, some of us are going to die here. Possibly all of us. Before this is all done, you're going to see somebody die. I don't like it. I'll avoid killing if I possibly can, but I'll do it if I have to. If it comes down to being one of us or one of our other classmates, I will shoot to kill. So don't be surprised when I do."

She looked at him and touched his cheek lightly. She wanted him to understand that she would try her best, and that she wanted everything to be okay. She let her fingertips linger as she pulled away.

"Do you have extra ammunition, or just what's loaded?"
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy nodded and took the box from him. "If we're lucky I won't need to use this." She thought for a moment before smiling at him.

"Maybe it's just the lack of sleep or something, but part of me really wants to...never mind, we should get some rest. I can take watch for a few hours. Once we've had some time to recharge we can think about what to do next."

She looked back toward Sarah and then the rest of the group. "You should go back to your boyfriend. He might get jealous if I keep you too long..." she giggled softly, "then again, I could always give him a reason to be."

She gave him a little wink and started back toward her friend. She'd behave herself, for the moment at least.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy returned to her place with Sarah and set the gun and ammo next to her bag. She hugged the girl and and smiled. "I'm sorry, Brendan needed me for a moment. But I'm here now."

"You can go back to sleep if you want Sarah, I'm going to take first watch."

As time passed and people started to fall asleep she found herself feeling a little tired, and kind of bored. She was nearly lost in thought before Rashid jarred her from her memories.

"Oh, you know. Kidnapped by a madman, forced into some wild battle royale. You?"

Stacy heard footfalls in the distance, getting closer. Then a voice calling out. A very familiar voice.

"Sapphire?"

Edited by Zabriel, Jan 15 2011, 06:40 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy shook her head. "There are a couple of boys around too. We were just about to bed down for the night. We're all pretty tired, and we're going to need to be able to think clearly in the morning. You can come cuddle with Sarah and I. We'll get some sleep and start up again in the morning."

Stacy smiled at Sapphire and spoke softly. "It is really good to see you again. I'm glad you're okay. Maybe...if we found each other again...maybe we could make it all the way...we could go home..."

That probably wasn't true, but she knew that they needed to believe that.

"Anyhow, bed awaits. Come get some sleep Bead Girl."

((We need to get to the next day, badly.))
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy smiled and closed her eyes. When they woke up things would be better.

Not actually, but they'd be better rested, and that was sort of better. She hadn't quite convinced herself of that, but as sleep came she found herself feeling strangely fine.

Her last thought before the blackness hit her was that she felt as though she could sleep for a couple of days and be very happy.

((Stacy Hart continued in Keep on Smiling))
Edited by Zabriel, Feb 28 2011, 07:06 AM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply